Bad Stuff About Baka Tsuki

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Bad Stuff About Baka Tsuki

Post by larethian »

Well, what was said is true to certain extent, but I don't really give a shit about it. :lol:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

the point being, if you think there is a problem, then you are welcomed to contribute and make it better.
On the other hand, if you don't do anything to address the problem, then I can only assume that you can't...which is fine, as long as you acknowledge it. :roll: :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Don't forget about our cursing role models. :roll:
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheCatWalk »

This is about the Clannad project that was once held on BT-->
There’s actually a translation project up for it on Baka-Tsuki, but the quality is about what you would expect from that site – check it out at your own risk.
Same site
Wow, your English prose is really excellent (in general, and especially by comparison to the dreck that passes for “translations” on Baka-Tsuki/etc)
On the light novel insults side, we have
>“Knights of the Blood”? The poke is this shit?

Blame Baka-Tsuki >_>
Same site :roll: 8)
Baka-Tsuki should be used as for references, but definitely not for the final decision. Reason being that the TLs there somehow don’t have as much say as some of the editors who lurk there all day who are japanophile control freaks that *have* to have series be done their way.

Saying this because I’ve been observing the power struggles and stuff there for a while now, I’ve actually seen some of those editors drive a translator away from the site (killing a series in the process) because he fought against some wording changes they had to have their way for some reason. It wasn’t a grammar or English issue either, just a control thing.
and the follow up comment was this ,it..seems like an insult and probably is..but anything negative concerning BT goes right???
Spoiler! :
Actually, for shits and giggles: ‘Zero2001′ at B-T is one of those instigators, he’s helped kill at least 1-2 series already, and is probably the biggest control freak I’ve seen there after lurking for years on that site.

Also seen him be a dramamongering jackass to a few would-be newbie editors a lot lately, so poke him. I really, really don’t like control freaks (D_S exception, at least he’s smart enough to recognize it and be funny with it).

Change his totally necessary “series improvements” back and write some reasoning in the discussion. Hook, line and sinker. He likes to look up your IP and pretend to know where you live (or talk shit about proxies/anonymity), and then deletes everything in discussion and pretends nothing happened. Have fun, anyone who participates.
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

TheCatWalk wrote: On the light novel insults side, we have

Blame Baka-Tsuki >_>
Same site :roll: 8)
Baka-Tsuki should be used as for references, but definitely not for the final decision. Reason being that the TLs there somehow don’t have as much say as some of the editors who lurk there all day who are japanophile control freaks that *have* to have series be done their way.

Saying this because I’ve been observing the power struggles and stuff there for a while now, I’ve actually seen some of those editors drive a translator away from the site (killing a series in the process) because he fought against some wording changes they had to have their way for some reason. It wasn’t a grammar or English issue either, just a control thing.
and the follow up comment was this ,it..seems like an insult and probably is..but anything negative concerning BT goes right???
Spoiler! :
Actually, for shits and giggles: ‘Zero2001′ at B-T is one of those instigators, he’s helped kill at least 1-2 series already, and is probably the biggest control freak I’ve seen there after lurking for years on that site.

Also seen him be a dramamongering jackass to a few would-be newbie editors a lot lately, so poke him. I really, really don’t like control freaks (D_S exception, at least he’s smart enough to recognize it and be funny with it).

Change his totally necessary “series improvements” back and write some reasoning in the discussion. Hook, line and sinker. He likes to look up your IP and pretend to know where you live (or talk shit about proxies/anonymity), and then deletes everything in discussion and pretends nothing happened. Have fun, anyone who participates.
Well, these are actually legit remark, tbh. Especially the "Knights of the Blood" one, though that's on the author. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Lery

Post by Lery »

^^' They don't really know japanese, so they can't get the meaning of katakana... Ignorance is bliss, you know, but they could try to inform themselves before saying such things :roll:
Anyway, we have a nice collection of quote about the french translation of SAO on BT. :lol:

About SAO, not really bad about BT, but funny enough I find :
(those are three persons talking)
>Les traducteurs anglais vont vraiment très vite je trouve.
-On appel ça des speedsubber.
+Depuis quand on sub des LN ?
>The english translators are really fast, I find.
-You call that "speedsubber".
+Since when do you "sub" light novels?
:lol:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

>Les traducteurs anglais vont vraiment très vite je trouve.
-On appel ça des speedsubber.
+Depuis quand on sub des LN ?
>The english translators are really fast, right.
-They're called "speedsubbers".
+Since when you "sub" light novels?
Some corrections on the translation.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Actually it was a lot more casual as even my version ^^'' And also contained a lot of mistakes (in French). :lol:
Don't you think your version looks way too "adult" to really give the impression you should have when you read that...?
Those are barely literate guys talking on a forum, in the end. :wink:

I guess if should be more like Bestnumber's textese as like what we both wrote. :mrgreen:

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Zero2001
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

Blame Baka-Tsuki >_>
Blame baka-tsuki? Dude... the author named it so using E-N-G-L-I-S-H letters. Why is baka-tsuki to blame for that? Just a bunch of know-nothings mouthing off because they've got nothing else to do all day. Ignore the idiots.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Zero2001 wrote:Ignore the idiots.
Actually, we made this thread to laugh at them :lol:

Sysadmin, sometimes.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

To laugh at others, you must be able to laugh at ourselves. :wink:

I sometimes think this is an unofficial motto of the British
(And some of our close cousins who live opposite us of the channel, can't beat us, might as well join us, aimrite? )

:lol: :lol:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

onizuka-gto wrote:To laugh at others, you must be able to laugh at ourselves. :wink:

I sometimes think this is an unofficial motto of the British
(And some of our close cousins who live opposite us of the channel, can't beat us, might as well join us, aimrite? )

:lol: :lol:
Well, being able to laugh at ourselves bring some happiness... and about the second matter I won't make any coment about it, I just like UK and I want to go there someday :wink: .
Call me Nurin!

Zero2001
Favourite Light Novel:

Be jealous

Post by Zero2001 »

Nura rihan wrote:I just like UK and I want to go there someday :wink: .
I'm there right now :lol:
Zero2001.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

lol, but I'm on the opposite side of the channel,it's not like I can go there when ever I want :D
Call me Nurin!

Zero2001
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

Yeah well I'm only here for my studies (overseas postgraduate student).

I'll be returning to my homeland in September (and that's in the Tropic of Cancer).

Last edited by Zero2001 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zero2001.

Return to “Commune”