Bad Stuff About Baka Tsuki

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Bad Stuff About Baka Tsuki

Post by pudding321 »

Feel free to quote anyone's words you find on the net that speak badly about baka-tsuki here. Please don't include the speaker's name and the website you find it.

Here's some to start with (it's copied from the net, not me).
Why isn't he commenting on Baka-Tsuki's crappy translation, calling them "terrible" and saying that fans deserve better than "(that) kind of inferior translation"? Fan translators push out shitty translations all the time and people lap it up like caviar, but when someone doesn't use honorifics, he's now the poking devil and people don't deserve his "inferior translation.
either the Baka-Tsuki translator stopped giving a shit or someone else translated this chapter, because the translation they have up there is terrible. Not only have they completely forgone any sense of style, they also made numerous translation mistakes in meaning (propositional content).
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Bad Stuff About Baka Tsuki

Post by Misogi »

Quick translation.
Malheureusement, seul le volume 1 à été traduit en français...
Encore plus malheureux, c'est un traduction de merde...
Sadly, only volume 1 was translated in French...
To make it more saddening, it's a shitty translation...
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

pudding321 wrote:Feel free to quote anyone's words you find on the net that speak badly about baka-tsuki here. Please don't include the speaker's name and the website you find it.

Here's some to start with (it's copied from the net, not me).
Why isn't he commenting on Baka-Tsuki's crappy translation, calling them "terrible" and saying that fans deserve better than "(that) kind of inferior translation"? Fan translators push out shitty translations all the time and people lap it up like caviar, but when someone doesn't use honorifics, he's now the poking devil and people don't deserve his "inferior translation.
either the Baka-Tsuki translator stopped giving a shit or someone else translated this chapter, because the translation they have up there is terrible. Not only have they completely forgone any sense of style, they also made numerous translation mistakes in meaning (propositional content).
Well, personally I don't mind negative comments, but is it possible to tell us which series/chapters it is? Especially the second quote... Because if the translator would like to improve on it, they can...? Otherwise its hard to pinpoint what he is referring to...

Of course, if you think its better off not telling which part, its totally fine as well.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: Well, personally I don't mind negative comments, but is it possible to tell us which series/chapters it is? Especially the second quote... Because if the translator would like to improve on it, they can...? Otherwise its hard to pinpoint what he is referring to...

Of course, if you think its better off not telling which part, its totally fine as well.
I'm not sure whether the relevant translators would feel offended if I post it here.

Heck, it's been some time since the translation, so it wouldn't really hurt, would it?
Spoiler! :
bakemon v1
zzhk
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Pudding, you do realize that a simple Google search will reveal the source of these quotes, right?

Anyway, I don't think you should think too much about criticisms that were written over a year ago, especially by someone who thought they could do better but ended up only translating 3 chapters of Bakemonogatari.
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

zzhk wrote:Pudding, you do realize that a simple Google search will reveal the source of these quotes, right?

Anyway, I don't think you should think too much about criticisms that were written over a year ago, especially by someone who thought they could do better but ended up only translating 3 chapters of Bakemonogatari.
Spoiler! :
Yeah I was aware bout google search; I just said this so I wouldn't be responsible if any of these posts starts a fight or something.
Anyway, this is in the commune, and I thought it would be amusing to look at some of these posts—guess some of us just take it too seriously. :roll:
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I always wonder how do you land on these messages. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

Kira0802 wrote:I always wonder how do you land on these messages. :lol:
Spoiler! :
Well, I went to google and search for baka tsuki, with addition keywords like shit, bad, ugly, terrible and other negative adjectives. :lol: :lol:
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

Ryan Audividia Perdana
I think this group has a poor service.
Like · · Unfollow Post · Share · 2 hours ago via mobile
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

pudding321 wrote:
Ryan Audividia Perdana

Never go Full Baka. :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
stellarroze

Post by stellarroze »

pudding321 wrote:
Kira0802 wrote:I always wonder how do you land on these messages. :lol:
Spoiler! :
Well, I went to google and search for baka tsuki, with addition keywords like shit, bad, ugly, terrible and other negative adjectives. :lol: :lol:
Googling Baka Tsuki plus those keywords has led me to interesting places...
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

pudding321 wrote:
Ryan Audividia Perdana
Hey, that was in FB group...and he was talking about the group..well..
it still counts...and i also commented on that post...of course...nothing negative about Felli-sempai..i mean baka-tsui..
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

I'd rather get drilled by the NSJ than help Baka Tsuki.
What's wrong with Baka-Tsuki? It's a community wiki like TLWiki. Nobody gives a shit about TinFoil or thelastguardian, they give a shit about getting a game/novel translated.
It's a noble initiative, but most of their translations are unreadable even after months of editing.
The source content is tripe. One of the worst examples of a light novel series if you ask me, no need to sink efforts into making it more accessible.

That's my opinion by the way, not going so far to say it's objectively bad. I'm sure there are plenty of people that enjoy the powerlevel fighting stuff.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

^ What is NSJ?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Three, either the Baka-Tsuki translator stopped giving a shit or someone else translated this chapter, because the translation they have up there is terrible. Not only have they completely forgone any sense of style, they also made numerous translation mistakes in meaning (propositional content). On the other hand, Buddy Waters’s translation didn’t make the same mistakes. Hmm…
:roll:

Also from the same place:
On that point, this might be redundant but you must understand why Baka-Tsuki’s translation sucks. If you read it over and think it’s a perfectly good contender for the Pulitzer you’re doing something wrong.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Commune”