Bad Stuff About Baka Tsuki

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheCatWalk
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Bad Stuff About Baka Tsuki

Post by TheCatWalk »

Zero2001 wrote:Umm... are you saying you want people to say bad stuff about BT? :lol:
no,thats not it at all.
but we cant stop haters hating things [source ->Myself]
and those hater on the net comment their own hateful opinions about BT.This post is about collecting those and sharing them...
i mean,even if I am not an M,i still find it enjoyable and amusing seeing leechers and haters passionately criticizing BT.
Think of it as God looking down on heretics who are doing bad and sinful things while enjoying some KFC.
Its called,"Negative Public Opinion".
well..those guys can just go die.And this here thread can be their memorial stone.The Black Obelisk :D
MAIN HEROINES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

You could also start your own topic "Good Stuff About Baka Tsuki".

There's always some truth in either sides anyway. :wink:
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

A good guy accepts both positive and negative opinion.

A Mikuru rejects the negative ones.
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

pudding321 wrote:A good guy accepts both positive and negative opinion.

A Mikuru rejects the negative ones.
I know exactly what ur talking about...
man.......also Tsubaki in G-senjou no maou..That chick is nuts..she actually scared me there.... :roll:
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

pudding321 wrote:Some bad stuff from the nano hut. I'm just quoting things, here. By no means do they represent my opinion. :P
リンペイ on June 2, 2013 at 6:03 am said:
ND will never be the same as B-T.

We actually have standards.

Reply ↓
He who escaped the Asylum on June 4, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:
Not all of what B-T does is crap.
Just some of it…. maybe half…. maybe more.
But they really shouldn’t let it stay crap, like they have a tendency to do.
That’s why their infamous for having naught but crap, when they actually have quite a bit of good quality stuff.
Its that they don’t challenge their translators to be better, like Nano does.
And from that, you get crap.
Sir, "when they actually have quite a bit of good quality stuff" won't save you. It's like saying a polluted river has a few drops of clean water. And, oh, should you happen to read my post, you can rant or flame all you want. I'm immune to this type of thing anyway. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that quote.
Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

kay,found some more ¬(=3=)£ ....for some reason i am enjoying this lolz :twisted: :wink:
these are comments then follow up comments
I figure there must be some things that meet that description. If not, I'll just go and retranslate some of the shit on Baka-Tsuki that looks like it was written by a Mexican with Google Translate.
That's the best option. Do us a favor, some of their shit is indeed poorly translated.
I would love if you fixed up the SAO LNs, because poke, some of that shit is painful to read, and even the better parts tend to be distractingly awkward.
I love these designs, apart from Shitou's, I hope the translation comes up quickly. It's upsetting that baka tsuki's translators were so focused on Crap Arts Online, such a horrible series.
not quite sure if the next one is an insult or not...
I read shit on Baka-Tsuki all the time.

No idea which ones have been made into cartoons, though.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

and i found something interesting.lolz,take ur time and read it. Zero,it concerns the 'Good and supportive stuff about baka-tsuki' u've been concerned about :arrow: :arrow:
Sorry for the wall of text. I put nice little paragraph breaks to make it easier to read.

I figured the whiners wouldn’t be happy, er I mean the whiny cun-, I mean people who shouldn’t have kids, I mean the FANS! Yes I mean the “fans” (idiots) the people who suffer from massive otaku entitlement syndrome. The (idiots) people who are hoping for the failure of a book they like, saying they’ll stick with the (ILLEGAL) fan translations. ------>(continuation)
Spoiler! :
I mean you can see that you’re reasonable people, so why wouldn’t yen press listen to you (idiots)? I mean it’s not like any other light novel has failed and been canceled, that never happened. Of course it’s the only the cover that matters. Of course if they changed the cover they’ll change the insides to, of course jumping to conclusions doesn’t make you an idiot (yes it does).

Of course fan translations are the true source of the “proper” romanization. Not the Japanese publishers. You (idiots) are the people who scanned, translated, and posted their property on the internet without their permission. The (idiots) people who support not supporting actual light novel releases. Of course one letter so distracting, that you (idiots) can’t read the book. Of course Horo is the “right” (I mean really? Right? Who ever wrote that I hope you get you head out of your ass some day and feel ashamed. Because you really should) way to put her name into romanji.

My gods no wonder “normal” people hate geeks and otaku. You (idiots) people totally deserve it. I know what you true “fans” (idiots) are thinking, I’m an otaku too but I don’t have a horrible, HORRIBLE, sense of entitlement. Does that make me better than you (idiots)? Yes, yes it does.

I found it funny that one of the “fans” (idiots) said they don’t like the way dust jackets feel despite the fact that Japanese light novels come with a dust jacket.

As for my own reaction. I honestly though yen was run by dumbasses. I mean how the hell do you think the reaction to the bent dust jacket would be? As someone else put it how can yen fail so hard? But this is a good alternative. I don’t actually hate the new cover it’s alright. Funnily enough I showed it to a friend who is an avid fantasy reader and his reaction was “that sucks they didn’t even show her boobs”. I don’t know if he was for real or not.

I know I probably won’t get a reply or that this comment will even get posted but I’ll try anyway. What’s the paper quality of the dust jacket?

NOTE: I don’t care that I’m straw manning you idiots. If I offended you (idiots), I’m not sorry.

ANOTHER NOTE: You (no not the idiots) may be wondering (hell if I saw this post I would think that I’m an idiot) why I would post something so childish and purposely rude. Well all that I can say is that if the “fans” (idiots) can post their idiocy; I figured I could post my own.

THE OTHER NOTE: Does anyone know if Japanese people and otakus hate American otakus (idiots)? I hope they do. I really hope they do.
DEATH NOTE: Can yen or little brown get baka tsuki shut down? They still have the Haruhi translations up, and they have spice and wolf translations. I’m curious. In a perfect world yen would and fine the fan translators several thousand dollars, but I think that cause the fan-tards to become even angrier. So sadly it would only be counter productive, but totally awesome.
Are you seriously trying to get TEXT FILES taken down? Those stories, all combined are less than a megabyte. You’d have better luck finding Elvis alive.
Fans aren’t true fans if they won’t financially support the english books especially considering the difficult situation they face in todays western market.

As for changing the inside um…--------->(continuation)
Spoiler! :
technically you could argue they did slightly. The prologue preview is in third person, while most readers and translators believed it soundly to be first person. So perhaps a change? Not much of one though and I can understand why and if they chose to change it. lol

lol, um, actually…most western fans never scanlated the books. Usually you can find copies on asian sites, so they download them from there, or, they own the book, and directly translate.

First off, the Horo controversy is mainly based off the fact that it sounds slightly better to some western tuned ears. lol Second, there is an argument that its based off the Ainu word for Wolf. However, if the author did consent to Holo, then simply put, its a matter of belief by a fan that the r would have been a better decision on the part of the author. And it CAN be jarring to see a changed name, especially if your in-depth in the anime and used to it. But still, that shouldn’t stop you from getting the book. lol

As for your last note about Baka-Tsuki. All I can do is laugh. Guess what, Yen Press, nor Del Rey, nor TokyoPop or SevenSeas or any other light novel publisher in America who has even a bit of common sense would EVER try to shut that site down. lol

Why? Because they realize that Baka-Tsuki is currently the only thing mostly holding the light novel fanbase TOGETHER for the english speaking fans. Without them, there would be very few fans. For intance…

Why are there even fans of the Spice and Wolf novels that Yen Press can even reach out to? Not because of the anime, all that did was make anime fans (and the anime was fansubbed, so without fan translations of that, there’d be even fewer support for the anime or novels). No, it was because of Baka Tsuki launching a translation project for it that has gathered interest and made new fans of the book, many of which who have said they will buy this official version.

Light Novel translations do not harm the industry. For one, it already fails without them. haha, But point is, they help them. Without B-T, there wouldn’t as big as a niche fanbase for light novel as there is.

Also, in case you didn’t care to read the site notice. Yen Press is free to take off Spice and Wolf or Haruhi anytime they wish. All they have to do is ASK NICELY, and they’ll take down the books per request. It’s written on the site and ALWAYS HAS BEEN FOR YEARS. lol Although, I don’t think they will. And its probably the same reason they haven’t yet. Its because they know that Baka-Tsuki isn’t hurting their sales any and its only exposing more people to Spice and Wolf and Haruhi. So there’s no reasonable reason on their part yet to take them down.

Point is, is that those fan translations that some hate, are the very things that have made people fans of light novels.

Baka Tsuki is a help to the light novel industry in that it keeps fans reading and connected.

Besides, not all of us want to wait years and years before reading book 6. lol That doesn’t mean we won’t buy every book Yen Press releases, nor get some extras as gifts for family, but it means we want to read it faster than its getting released.

Yen Press has big things to deal with. After all, it has two HUGE bestselling titles on its hand. And I for one pray Spice and Wolf becomes a bestselling novel here in the US as well.

Although your not perfect Yen Press, my hopes and prayers are with your company. Do your best and don’t listen to the whiners too much that it depresses you. Just keep going forward and try to learn from your own mistakes and the mistakes of the past attempts by others to publish Light Novels.
btw...................am i still on topic?
cramped
Project Translator

Post by cramped »

These guys must have got a lot of free time on their hands, BTW that one is old already, cat.
Patron God of NTRed
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

cramped wrote:These guys must have got a lot of free time on their hands, BTW that one is old already, cat.
Baka Neko (*sob* I miss that old forum/scanlation group....) is slow.

But definitely put a happy spin on this thread. So thank you Baka Neko. :lol: :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

onizuka-gto wrote:
cramped wrote:These guys must have got a lot of free time on their hands, BTW that one is old already, cat.
Baka Neko (*sob* I miss that old forum/scanlation group....) is slow.

But definitely put a happy spin on this thread. So thank you Baka Neko. :lol: :wink:
b-baka. neko.......-facepalms-
ahhh well, it's nice to see people defending BT awesomely... and people accusing BT stupidly XD
i think the 'source' of those comments are obvious now nyahahaha 8)
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

As for Seitokai no Ichizon (or Hekiyou Gakuen Seitokai Gijiroku – Hekiyou Academy Student Council’s Minutes if you want the full series title. But who wants to say all that all the time?), it was a series I fell in love with when I watched the anime. Which brought me disappointment when I saw that only the first chapter was translated on Baka-tsuki as a teaser (rather poorly I might add).
:mrgreen:

To take it proactively, I'll say negative opinion helps us to learn from our mistakes.
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Ahaha, it's true that having positive feedback doesn't help improve us generally, but that negative one(s ?) may.

By the way, haven't the Spice and Wolf and Haruhi translations already been taken down, have they? :?: We can't do anything more against the "wild" texts files remaining one the web, eh! :roll:

PS : what's that Baka Neko thing ? Does it belong to the early history of BT??
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
TheCatWalk
Project Translator

Post by TheCatWalk »

Lery wrote:Ahaha, it's true that having positive feedback doesn't help improve us generally, but that negative one(s ?) may.

By the way, haven't the Spice and Wolf and Haruhi translations already been taken down, have they? :?: We can't do anything more against the "wild" texts files remaining one the web, eh! :roll:

PS : what's that Baka Neko thing ? Does it belong to the early history of BT??
.................neko...............
............in any case ,the place i got this from was active from 2009 -12 [u know right?]
..'twas a long time ago BUT..
about those txt file...........consider them now as docx files.... 8) :D
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Lery wrote: PS : what's that Baka Neko thing ? Does it belong to the early history of BT??

Not really, but it was what i modelled this forum after. This glorious chaotic symphony of an forum! muwahahaha. :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Onizukademongto
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

TheCatWalk wrote:about those txt file...........consider them now as docx files.... 8) :D
:lol:
I bought the books, I loved it so much that I though it was worth it ^^
But you may also consider those as epub now... :wink:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.

Return to “Commune”