Random internet finds

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Random internet finds

Post by Silimir »

Kira0802 wrote:
I saw that in science class.
We had the same class
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

"Tonari no Totoro" Sofa.

This is just brilliant. If I had the money, this is one of the few otaku goods that I would consider buying outside of anime and manga.

Knife-Resistant Shirt.

To me, this is better than chainmail and much, MUCH more practical...and stylish, too. Mind you, it is only knife-resistant. Still, for those who live in dangerous areas or are a walking hazard to others and themselves with sharp objects, this is just too perfect.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Simple an other stuff to inspire fear. You must buy it because somebody could come stab you at any moment. People have enough problem with their own life. Why does USA' tv show (medias, tv series) simply inspire fear? Like a terrorist would come exactly after me. tsk
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

...Silimir... :roll: *facepalm* I am going to assume that you are being serious here by your comments...

It is ARMOR, not a weapon. Also, the company is an English-based company, not a United States-based company. The video was promotion from the company to sell their products - in this case, a slash-resistant piece of clothing. For starters, it is only current available in Japan, where you are more likely to get robbed via knife than gun. Also, such armor could protect people from simple accidents at home and the workplace without violent intent. Personally, I would rather be wearing something like that to avoid having to go to the hospital or worse. If you would rather go to the hospital or worse, that is your choice. Not my bill, not my life, not my problem.

Given that you are not from the United States, I will be kind and just take your comment about the television choices here as just being ignorant. While I do not watch TV myself, I have seen enough to say that not every show is about terror, violence, and people dying or being hurt or killed. So, yeah...

Finally, your comment about a terrorist coming specifically after you is both right and wrong. It is right that a terrorist will most likely not have your name on their hit list specifically. You are wrong in that most terrorists really could not care less about who their victims are as long as it is for the cause.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

It may be an armor, it is still an instrument to "protect" ourself from danger... but what danger? Somebody will not wear this all day long. Would I wear a gun because some people could randomly attack me?

But you are saying the truth about something. I do not come from somewhere where violence is the biggest inspiration of television. I do watch american news and it's always about murder, police chasing, dog attacks, airplane crash, tribunal case, violence between neighbour, violence in prison. Even if it is fiction. It inspire terror. I can't watch an american channel without having a thing about violence. I do live in a safety place and as a major canadian stereotype, i do not fell that someone will enter and rob my house if I leave the door unlock. I can be scare of walking at midnight outside, but I fundamentally know nothing will happen.

I do not live in USA, and you are right, I may be ignorant about that country, but when I go to the vacation house of my parents in Florida, which is in a gate town, I kinda fell that fear when I walk outside. Maybe it is not everywere the same! I do not know :D

One last thing. You talk about terrorism. I fell you speak of terrorist has being every criminal that does do something wrong against your country. For me, a terrorist (inspired of the word terror) is simply a name given to someone from Al-Kaïda (or any thing against the good of our world) that do an act of terror, like attacking your holy country. Somebody that likes Al-Kaïda is not a terrorist. He simply has an opinion. It may be "Against America" (as in bush saying " you are against America, or you are with America").

But you are right. I'm not an american. My opinion means nothing for someone from USA. Your country represents god. Every thing you do is right. I can't understand the fear you fell every day. But you know what, when I read what you just wrote, I do fell fear.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Silimir, I am moving this discussion to the "Debates" thread as we are going drastically OT.
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

Ok no prob ;) Just transfer it and I will reply tomorrow what you wrote. Getting tired.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Hiro Hayase
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hiro Hayase »

The United States Air Force has networked 1,700 PS3s to create a powerful supercomputer. :lol:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/05/h ... air-force/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20067289

Japan... robots and girls... and bentou. 8)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/c ... 761797.stm

Best find yet!!!!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... block-meme
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Ultra-Realistic Drawings.

Origami of Famous Landmarks.

These are amazing and impressive.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Dancing Japanese Dolls.

For those of you who have seen "Angelic Layer," such a thing might not be too off in the distant future, given some of the latest developments in technology. Who wants to fight with dolls? Guys, be honest. :P
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

ainsoph9 wrote:Dancing Japanese Dolls.

For those of you who have seen "Angelic Layer," such a thing might not be too off in the distant future, given some of the latest developments in technology. Who wants to fight with dolls? Guys, be honest. :P
And then, boys would spend endless hours on VRFPS... before they move to VRMMORPGs.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.

Return to “Commune”