Random internet finds

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Random internet finds

Post by ainsoph9 »

Cutest Anime Girl in School Uniform

Reply to Misogi's post below:
Spoiler! :
Concerning Misogi's post, I think and feel that for such a blog post we must be careful of judging one way or the other. I say this for several reasons. First, we only have Dr. Mann's post and claim towards the alleged assault. I do not say this to call Dr. Mann a liar, assuming that it is Dr. Mann who is posting in the first place. Rather, we just have one side of things and not all of the evidence.

Secondly, Dr. Mann's post is conspicuous in itself for several reasons. Although it is not unheard of this kind of thing happening where all of the officials ignore the "stupid Westerner" who somehow "caused" an international incident, it appears odd to me that even Dr. Mann's own embassy ignored him.

Likewise, I do not know much, if anything, about the gear that Dr. Mann was wearing, but it seems almost too convenient that his device captured what it did like it did. Given the resolution of the photos, six of them at that, and what the typical size of a buffer is nowadays, I have my doubts that it captured the data so well and so perfectly timed as to crank out the photos that it did. Again, I am not calling Dr. Mann a liar or anything of the sort, but the cynic and electrical engineer inside of me says something is wrong with the picture here.

The last thing about Dr. Mann's post is that he posted in the first place. I do not know all of the circumstances, but posting this kind of thing on the internet on your blog typically says things not always positive. If Dr. Mann is who he claims he is and is indeed a doctor, I do not understand why he has not tried to find a lawyer to do something about the problem. I know that international cases like this are expensive and difficult to pursue, but people generally respond to lawyers much quicker than your average Joe.

On the flip side, if what Dr. Mann says is true (evidence included), then he probably should pursue his case. Again, finding a lawyer and/or continuing to pursue ways to prosecute the assailants would be a good idea in all likelihood. At the same time, if he truly just wants his eye glass repaired, he should just repair it, unless it was really that expensive. However, I get the feeling that Dr. Mann wants more than the repair of his eye glass. If he wants justice for a known crime, then he should have it. If he wants to pursue a civil suit as well, that is his choice. Yet, I cannot help but find that the internet is an inappropriate arena and venue for solving his problems. Either way, I wish Dr. Mann the best and hope that true justice is served.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

ainsoph9 wrote:
Spoiler! :
Concerning Misogi's post, I think and feel that for such a blog post we must be careful of judging one way or the other. I say this for several reasons. First, we only have Dr. Mann's post and claim towards the alleged assault. I do not say this to call Dr. Mann a liar, assuming that it is Dr. Mann who is posting in the first place. Rather, we just have one side of things and not all of the evidence.

Secondly, Dr. Mann's post is conspicuous in itself for several reasons. Although it is not unheard of this kind of thing happening where all of the officials ignore the "stupid Westerner" who somehow "caused" an international incident, it appears odd to me that even Dr. Mann's own embassy ignored him.

Likewise, I do not know much, if anything, about the gear that Dr. Mann was wearing, but it seems almost too convenient that his device captured what it did like it did. Given the resolution of the photos, six of them at that, and what the typical size of a buffer is nowadays, I have my doubts that it captured the data so well and so perfectly timed as to crank out the photos that it did. Again, I am not calling Dr. Mann a liar or anything of the sort, but the cynic and electrical engineer inside of me says something is wrong with the picture here.

The last thing about Dr. Mann's post is that he posted in the first place. I do not know all of the circumstances, but posting this kind of thing on the internet on your blog typically says things not always positive. If Dr. Mann is who he claims he is and is indeed a doctor, I do not understand why he has not tried to find a lawyer to do something about the problem. I know that international cases like this are expensive and difficult to pursue, but people generally respond to lawyers much quicker than your average Joe.

On the flip side, if what Dr. Mann says is true (evidence included), then he probably should pursue his case. Again, finding a lawyer and/or continuing to pursue ways to prosecute the assailants would be a good idea in all likelihood. At the same time, if he truly just wants his eye glass repaired, he should just repair it, unless it was really that expensive. However, I get the feeling that Dr. Mann wants more than the repair of his eye glass. If he wants justice for a known crime, then he should have it. If he wants to pursue a civil suit as well, that is his choice. Yet, I cannot help but find that the internet is an inappropriate arena and venue for solving his problems. Either way, I wish Dr. Mann the best and hope that true justice is served.
Spoiler! :
- Well, an official message was posted yesterday on McDonald's France Facebook, which started an investigation, but its content wasn't that strong for a serious problem like this. Two weeks passed since the problem happened, yet it seems that it's treated lightly.

- The French police never reacted, and that's a problem in this case. About the embassy, I think that they couldn't do much against the restaurant. I agree, that's strange, maybe it was caused by a lack of staff.

- If I'm not wrong, the memory records what he saw for a short time, before deleting it. By breaking his system, the last pictures taken were kept (or could be restored). Even if it's strange that they were kept for that long, the fact is that their content fits his story and shows that something serious happened (ripping paper isn't usual, neither is hiding an identity card like this).

- The victim isn't really a nobody, he has a worldwide reputation (and a good one, besides). Then, I can trust him, and judging by the evidence given, it really seems legit. I read a lot of things related to that problem, so I'm quite sure that it may be true. If he lied, then he would lose everything and he would be flamed too, as it would be dumb to plan something like this for him. Suing a foreign society is dificult to do, it needs more money, more time and more will to do that. And it's often a loss of time, so that could explain this.

- To resolve this problem, McD needs to apologize to the victim who was treated like trash, to help him repair his glasses, and to apply the strongest sanctions possible against the 3 employees. They never had to use violence, or to even rip important documents like that. They also tarnished the society's reputation, everyone is making fun of its catchphrase ("come as you are", translated). There's also the important and international flaming against McDonald's and French people's reputation, impossible to stop.

Sorry if my answers are lacking a bit, but I'm really tired. I'll complete them if there's an answer.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Touhou: "Bad Apple" Sand Animation
Spoiler! :
Touhou: "Bad Apple" Laser Animation
Spoiler! :
@Misogi: If I understand what you are saying and your sources and all are correct, then it sounds like he has a valid case. Pardon my caution here, but, from my vantage point, all of what you are saying and what he claims might as well be hearsay. I have learned that making any hard-line judgments for or against something or someone can be quite harmful.

If this incident really happened, it concerns me that he was physically assaulted for virtually no reason at all. I can try to piece some things together from the photos for reasons why, but it would probably come across in a "wrong" way.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

ainsoph9 wrote:If I understand what you are saying and your sources and all are correct, then it sounds like he has a valid case. Pardon my caution here, but, from my vantage point, all of what you are saying and what he claims might as well be hearsay. I have learned that making any hard-line judgments for or against something or someone can be quite harmful.

If this incident really happened, it concerns me that he was physically assaulted for virtually no reason at all. I can try to piece some things together from the photos for reasons why, but it would probably come across in a "wrong" way.
Well, I could be wrong, but at least, I searched information myself... that's better than the ones who believe everything they heard on TV (which is not the case for this, only heard on the radio until now). Assaulting an innocent customer is wrong, the victim did nothing wrong. I'll wait for more information, like CCTV analysis or the investigation's results. I can only find more and more scandals (and more and more mices).

Lesson : The customer is important, harming him does nothing good for the reputation.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Khaleel
Project Translator

Post by Khaleel »

Spoiler! :
"Brazil: Professors nacional strike reach 80% of federal universities"

"On Tv: John eats chicken and Michel "If I catch you" Teló fried a egg."

I love this country...
"Unknown on the Internet, nor known for bishoujo gals. "
Light Novel Project
Spoiler! :
Current Working:
SAO: Volume 4-Volume 2. In this priority order.
Traduzindo para o Português!
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/happiny

It's like a drama with high school bullying. But with Pokemon.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Where on earth is JC? :/

KyoAni has been average during the past few seasons, Sunrise is a can't-miss, Shaft is obvious. And after that...Xebec? Feels? Zexcs? Huh?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Look at the comments, and you will see that some others have asked the same thing. Methinks that there was a mistake in the poll or a typo.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Yeah, I mean, no matter how people complain about JC, it's definitively better than some others.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, JC Staff has brought a lot of good stuff around.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I somehow can't remember many other studios mentioned.
Kira0802

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Current Google Doodle : Hurdles game. Quite addictive.

Press both left and right instead of alternating, it's faster.
----
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

How A Quartz Watch Works
Spoiler! :
How an atomic clock works, and its use in the global positioning system (GPS)
Spoiler! :
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

Disturbing Japanese Amazon Customer Reviews: the Girl’s One-Piece Swimsuit

Return to “Commune”