Quote of the Day!

All non Baka-Tsuki related topics

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Khaleel
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Quote of the Day!

Post by Khaleel »

Machado de Assis wrote:The best definition of love in the world is not worth one kiss from the girl you love.
Machado de Assis said wrote:Verdadeiramente há só uma desgraça: é não nascer.|There is truly only one misfortune: that of not being born.
"Unknown on the Internet, nor known for bishoujo gals. "
Light Novel Project
Spoiler! :
Current Working:
SAO: Volume 4-Volume 2. In this priority order.
Traduzindo para o Português!
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

The tides go in, the tides go out. The sun goes up, the sun goes down. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Since no update :)

A person is defined by their actions, not their thoughts.
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I felt the following to be very true and inspiring:
The true idea of rebuke is strengthening my fellow. And this is because there is no more empowering feeling than knowing what's wrong with me. If I'm out of synch, not living up to my potential -- and my friend comes and points out my faults, I am empowered. Now I know what I'm doing wrong; I see where the wasted energy is -- and I can take off. Thus, rebuke at its highest is helping my fellow in the most profound sense. It is helping him see his faults and weaknesses and giving him the power to take control of his life.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ So giving girls massages and hugs are wrong?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Where did you get that from? :?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ainsoph9 wrote:Where did you get that from? :?
People are telling me to stop giving girl's foot massage as they find it to be wrong. I don't feel rebuked at all instead I feel empowered by defying them.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

b0mb3r, I do not think that you are understanding what the message is saying. Rebuke is supposed to empower someone to change for the better, not make them want to defy the rebuker. The person being rebuked should feel that empowerment to overcome their past self. Likewise, the person doing the rebuking should not do it for kicks or because it makes them feel better; rather, it should be to help both people improve themselves without shaming one another.

As for giving girls foot massages, my opinion is below.
Spoiler! :
Unless you are a professional, you are probably not qualified to do so for one. Secondly, it comes across as being inappropriate contact between the genders, no matter what relationship you have with the girl you are massaging. Touch can easily cause people to have misplaced feelings, especially when it is between genders. Hence, unstable and short-lived romantic relationships often come from those feelings. I do not know what you are thinking when you massage their feet, but I will suggest that you try putting yourself in their "shoes" for a moment. What is she thinking and feeling as you rub her feet? A good chance exists that she is having or trying to stave off romantic feelings and thoughts that can land both of you into trouble. Just some food for thought.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

If you wish to be brief, first prune away those devices that contribute to an elaborate style; let the entire theme be confined within narrow limits. Do not be concerned about verbs; rather, write down with the pen of the mind only the nouns . . . follow, as it were, the technique of the metalworker. Transfer the iron of the material, refined in the fire of the understanding, to the anvil of the study. Let the hammer of the intellect make it pliable; let repeated blows of the hammer fashion from the unformed mass the most suitable words. Let the bellows of the mind afterwards fuse those words, adding others to accompany them, fusing nouns with verbs, and verbs with nouns, to express the whole theme. The glory of a brief work consists in this: it says nothing either more or less than is fitting.
=Geoffrey De Vinsauf
1,550/3,400
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

"I mean it as a compliment when I say that you could almost define a philosopher as someone who won’t take common sense for an answer."

Richard Dawkins

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I received this in an e-mail. The profundity and truth of it really struck me.
Nobody finds themselves in a situation; you put yourself in that situation and you can put yourself in another situation.
- Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson

So much for being "stuck" in life... :wink:
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

^ While it is a matter of perspective and willpower to change oneself in relation with the environment, there are things that we still find ourselves in that we have no control of. My response to that quote I had in my mind is simply how you play your cards whether they're good or bad.

baka baka baka
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Basically, you build your hand and you chose how to play it.. how fun... Hard, maybe...
1,550/3,400
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Rajikai wrote:Basically, you build your hand and you chose how to play it.. how fun... Hard, maybe...
When playing cards two things comes in mind: Luck and Skill. The luck of the draw. Even with the worst hand you could be dealt with everything can be turned around by presentation, bluff, and swiping hands :twisted: .

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

b0mb3r wrote:^ While it is a matter of perspective and willpower to change oneself in relation with the environment, there are things that we still find ourselves in that we have no control of. My response to that quote I had in my mind is simply how you play your cards whether they're good or bad.
He is not saying that we should or need to be in control of or responsible for everything around us. He is just saying that most of the time the situations people find themselves in are the consequence of their choices, and they have the power to be positive or negative about the situation to bring change or not.

Return to “Commune”