Claymore

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Claymore

Post by ainsoph9 »

Has anyone else been watching Claymore? I just finished episode 8, and it is one of the most intense episodes I have seen in all of anime to date! That is saying something, given the amount I have seen. I definitely recommend this if you liked Berserk, Hellsing, etc.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I have been watching it. I enjoy it so far. I've been busy the past 2 weeks so I've fallen behind on the spring animes. :? I think I'm only on Ep7 of Claymore.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Episode 8 totally shocked me. I still can't get over it... :(
/me claws out throat and dies
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

I've been watching Claymore, it’s about the only heavy action series I have on at the moment, other than Darker Than Black. Started to get a lot more into it ever since the Teresa stuff started, hence why...
Spoiler! :
I blinked stupidly at the screen for a few moments after her head suddenly flew off. ^^;
Has anybody read the manga? Viz have got it licensed but I know it's been scanlated pretty far, so I was wondering if the chapters would be worth the hunt...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I have the first three volumes of the manga, and they are worth it. So far, the anime has followed the manga pretty strictly, better than most anime.

As far as episode 8 goes, I want to watch it again because it was just that good!
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Claymore is scheduled to end at Episode 24. I don't know if it's a sad thing that I'll have to read the manga to know what happens next, or feel relieved that they're not going to pull more stupid Naruto/BLEACH-like fillers on us.
/me claws out throat and dies
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Claymore just keeps getting better! I just watched the 10th episode and can say that I got an adrenaline rush off of it. That is saying a lot for me.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

I'm loving it, too. Ep 8 was just amazing. Had easily one of the best scenes this year.

From what I've heard, the manga is still ongoing, right? We aren't going to run into another Bleach/Naruto situation here, are we? Or (without going into too much detail) is there somewhere up ahead that they can end the series without pulling an Inuyasha?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Currently, they are planning for 26 episodes of the anime. Last time I checked, they are at about volume 5 or 6 in the manga. It is probably slightly further now with the release of episode 10. If you figure that it is taking them approximately 2 episodes per volume (extraordinarily slow in my opinion), then they would need to be on volume 13 for completion of the anime. However, only 12 volumes of the manga have been released in Japan. Depending on the rate of release of the manga in Japan, we could possibly see some filler, but I doubt it. Right now, I do not believe that we will have another Bleach/Naruto scenario nor a Inuyasha scenario. By the way, has anyone heard when they are going to pick up the anime for Inuyasha again?

Return to “Animes”