Batman...in anime form!

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Batman...in anime form!

Post by ainsoph9 »

To me, this is more proof that the United States' comic industry is dying. However, I will admit that the quality looks pretty good.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-297802 ... Video.html
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Re: Batman...in anime form!

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

This needs to happen to more things.

I'd also like them to take notice of such gems such as Misfile and Sailor Nothing...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I can understand what you mean. They mentioned this kind of thing in that documentary I posted a topic about a while ago. We are starting to see an influx of live-action movies from anime here in the United States like Speed Racer, Akira, Gatchaman, DragonBall, Battle Angel Alita, Eva, etc. Conversely, the animation industry here is starting to use anime-like styles for some major productions like Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Afro Samurai, The Animatrix, etc. This kind of collaboration is a good thing. I just wish it would happen on a deeper level for actual anime distribution.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote:I can understand what you mean. They mentioned this kind of thing in that documentary I posted a topic about a while ago. We are starting to see an influx of live-action movies from anime here in the United States like Speed Racer, Akira, Gatchaman, DragonBall, Battle Angel Alita, Eva, etc. Conversely, the animation industry here is starting to use anime-like styles for some major productions like Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Afro Samurai, The Animatrix, etc. This kind of collaboration is a good thing. I just wish it would happen on a deeper level for actual anime distribution.
Yeah, it'd be good for them to collaborate more, considering how popular anime is. Now if only they'd hire decent voice actors...

(The only thing, though, I really care about is seeing Sailor Nothing animated. It is deserving of such. Everyone must read it now!)
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

ainsoph9 wrote:To me, this is more proof that the United States' comic industry is dying. However, I will admit that the quality looks pretty good.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-297802 ... Video.html
Nah, it just means that they are utilizing the increasingly popular art form in the east. Comics rely on movements in popular culture to keep them alive, and since Anime is becoming more popular and recognized, they decided to get on the boat quickly, so to speak, and get a good slice of the pie before Marvel and other companies try to do the same thing with other characters.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

This was done before, only it was called "The Big O"

=Smidge=
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, The Big O always somehow felt like a huge ripoff of Batman to me in terms of the mood and all, which is why I never cared for it.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I don't know why, but the anime batman looks obese to me
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

He is not obese! He is just big boned! :P
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

ainsoph9 wrote:He is not obese! He is just big boned! :P
Lmao

Personally I thought the original animated series Batman was badass, then it went downhill after that with "Batman Beyond", and finally "The Batman" (yes that's the title, I wanted to shoot myself when I heard it).
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i thought, when i met bruce timm if he was working anything else beside the New Frontier when he is working on something on Batman. i wasn't expecting this. i love his 90's BATMAN cartoons but i wish he use his own technique and just add a mix of modern anime techonology to his animation, keeping it true to Timm's style and americas.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, but somehow I think that he would be out of a job at the end of the day if he did that, sad to say...

Return to “Animes”