School days

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Regardless of whatever a character has done, I still like endings with redemption.

I like Sekai more than the girl with purple-ish hair.

^My two cents.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

But they don't deserve that redemption. They do nothing to earn it at all - maybe have one or two days worth of being sad their harem left them because he tried to keep them all and the mercy (aka stupidity) of one girl draws her back to him.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

But Makoto isn't really trying to have a harem...

He's just weak. When he gets the chance to do something, he does it.

Not really because he thinks that it's okay.

*Shrug*
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Episode 4 is up on crunchyroll
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Can you PLEASE stop double posting?

And as I said before, if you get it from other places, you can have better quality (and get it faster).
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Jumpyshoes wrote:Can you PLEASE stop double posting?
Please stop talking.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Stop acting like children, both of you. Geez.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Dan wrote:
But they don't deserve that redemption. They do nothing to earn it at all - maybe have one or two days worth of being sad their harem left them because he tried to keep them all and the mercy (aka stupidity) of one girl draws her back to him.
Seriously though, on the more philosophical side, how can a person say that someone does not deserve redemption? Whether it is an anime character or a real person, for all we know that same person that everyone sees as the scum of the earth may one day have a complete change of character. Then, they may, say, cure cancer, save someone else's life, or do something that is worthy of recognition. I mean, for every mistake that someone makes, if we were to base our judgment of that person on just that, then nobody would be able to come clean as it were. After all, nobody is perfect, and there do exist people who still do good things selflessly. Also, sometimes people do nothing to earn redemption in life, but because one person gives them that one chance they lead better lives. Frankly, as far as I see it, there are probably few people in this world who would supposedly deserve redemption from anything, much less in anime. If that is the case, then how can we judge one another? I know I am maybe going out on a limb here, but I just thought that this kind of thing was some food for thought.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

ainsoph9 wrote:Dan wrote:
Seriously though, on the more philosophical side, how can a person say that someone does not deserve redemption? Whether it is an anime character or a real person, for all we know that same person that everyone sees as the scum of the earth may one day have a complete change of character. Then, they may, say, cure cancer, save someone else's life, or do something that is worthy of recognition. I mean, for every mistake that someone makes, if we were to base our judgment of that person on just that, then nobody would be able to come clean as it were. After all, nobody is perfect, and there do exist people who still do good things selflessly. Also, sometimes people do nothing to earn redemption in life, but because one person gives them that one chance they lead better lives. Frankly, as far as I see it, there are probably few people in this world who would supposedly deserve redemption from anything, much less in anime. If that is the case, then how can we judge one another? I know I am maybe going out on a limb here, but I just thought that this kind of thing was some food for thought.
Spoiler! :
snape, snape, severus snape
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

You know, I just had a thought: Katsura's imouto, Kokoro, looks like Tsukamoto Tenma as a kid from School Rumble.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

ainsoph9 wrote:You know, I just had a thought: Katsura's imouto, Kokoro, looks like Tsukamoto Tenma as a kid from School Rumble.
I guess im the only one here that doesn't know what that is.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

You've NEVER watched School Rumble?

And she only looks like her a little . . .
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, I know it is only a little. It is just the hairstyle. I just kind of think of her as a slightly smarter, more hyperactive Tsukamoto Tenma with a different color of hair. But, really, who else would have tsundere like that? Interestingly enough, neither character matches your stereotypical tsundere personality like Kagami does from Lucky Star. Ma ii.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

ainsoph9 wrote:Seriously though, on the more philosophical side, how can a person say that someone does not deserve redemption? Whether it is an anime character or a real person, for all we know that same person that everyone sees as the scum of the earth may one day have a complete change of character. Then, they may, say, cure cancer, save someone else's life, or do something that is worthy of recognition. I mean, for every mistake that someone makes, if we were to base our judgment of that person on just that, then nobody would be able to come clean as it were. After all, nobody is perfect, and there do exist people who still do good things selflessly. Also, sometimes people do nothing to earn redemption in life, but because one person gives them that one chance they lead better lives. Frankly, as far as I see it, there are probably few people in this world who would supposedly deserve redemption from anything, much less in anime. If that is the case, then how can we judge one another? I know I am maybe going out on a limb here, but I just thought that this kind of thing was some food for thought.
If they do not make an effort to change their character, how can anyone help them? To delve a bit deeper in theology here, even God cannot bring into salvation those who reject Him. That is the very concept of hell.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

as someone once said: "as long as you live, you are never too late to repent"

as for school days, you seem to forget what it is about, it is a anti-harem romance high school drama.

its a dark humour parody of those genre, it theme is to throw all the bad elements into it, and watch the disgusting accident unfold with crystal clear clarification.

while there is still hope for occupants to survive the impact, there is only a slight chance.

the reason there were so many "creative" endings in the eroge, is the reflection of the goal of the theme.

the extreme results is what happens when young love goes bad, every single step of the way.

some will relish the painful but fascinating destruction on an emotional level, others won't have the resolve to watch it and will hate it.

personally, i find it the former, i really hope for a violent and bloody ending, and i hope the animate every single alternative ending, it'll be so fun.

ahhh, while its nice to see a beautiful and happy fantasy anime story unfold, sometimes you need to be grounded down with a good anime series which shows you the consequences of misjudgement on a grand scale and the reality when the faeces hit the fan.

:p
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Animes”