Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Isekaijin
Astral Realm

Re: Unconfirmed Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Second Season

Post by Isekaijin »

Having seen at least 4 forums with the same topic and one of them with almost 1500 posts. I can guess we are falling in despair.

Does anyone know when will Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu will air?

Guess not.
Clead
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Clead »

I heard december 2008 xD, but you know in japan the anime has 2 big new aired series dates, one is october and the other I think is march, but taking in account that haruhi is a short story of 12-14 episodes the beginning in december is not imposible (so it will end before march).

Just dont hope too much (I hoped last year with all my might, and it all went to waste xD)
Clead DE. HeavenHell:
··············"No where to run or hide I need, only somewhere to return."
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

First: Clannad After Story is going to be 24 episodes, so Haruhi in April at earliest:

Second: We deserve more than 14 episodes after 3 years. They have enough source material, they can pull it off.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

hmm.. 3 seasons of 12-14 eps at most, probably.. as we all know, the 1st was from haruhi's 1st yr in hs until right before shoushitsu - excluding sasa no ha rhapsody, endless eight, and the shooting of the movie.. as such, kyoani can play with the association between shoushitsu and 3ya, so that arc could go anywhere from 6-8 eps. yukiyama shoukougun will go like its predecessor for 2 eps, while charmed at 1st sight can be a oneshot.. to round up the winter group of events, there's another 1-2 eps for where did the cat go. now if the rest go to either what's left of s1 or what goes after winter is up to them..

just please don't let it be that kyoani spawn a bunch of OVAs for what's left after that ethereal second season..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Arb
Astral Realm

Post by Arb »

This is like Full Metal Panic season four...people wish for it to come but it never does ;_;
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

we'll just have to wait and see what's next when clannad after story ends - lessee, if it's a 24ep without OVAs, last airing will be on march 13 nxt yr. anything kyoani releases by then will be their spring release i.e. offering to the lions..

*though i do remember reading from ANN that kyoani has tonari no 801-chan up their sleeves come '09, pray to Haruhi its for their summer release..*
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I have this lingering feeling that they're gonna announce another KEY adaptation after they finish After Story, just like they did with Kanon and Clannad. Little Busters perhaps?

And lol, looking back at these threads, we've been speculating about this for 2 and a half years now @.@
/me claws out throat and dies
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

the answer to that probably depends on whether there has been another KEY adaptation by some other animation studio, and if said adaptation went well with the fanbase (though nothing has raised any blips on the radar so far). this is what happened to both Kanon (series was released by Toei 4yrs b4 KyoAni) and Clannad. (movie was also done by Toei, though aired short of a month b4 KyoAni's series airing) though i don't know the particulars behind FMP's shifting of main studio from Gonzo to KyoAni, this may also fit the trend of KyoAni scouting for possible big-selling titles, then buying the rights from the original producers.

of course, Haruhi and Lucky Star don't fit the bill since they're firsts, but if firsts are what we're talking about, we may already have tonari no 801-chan set for '09. that is, unless they decide to try and release 2 series that will both start and end in the same year..

well, at least we have something to look forward to (though the wait is quite taxing to an otaku's mind).. i at least personally disliked SnS' 2nd season ending; the franchise deserves a 3rd season, but it doesn't seem like J.C. Staff's going to do any more..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Something else is KyoAni has moved from 13-14 to 24-26 ep series. Air, SHnY, FMP(TSR and Fummofu), etc. were all 13-14, then from Kanon onward they have been at least 24. That makes only two series a year, which means it's more difficult to have as much variety as they had.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote: *though i do remember reading from ANN that kyoani has tonari no 801-chan up their sleeves come '09, pray to Haruhi its for their summer release..*
That show was cancelled.
HolyCow wrote:I have this lingering feeling that they're gonna announce another KEY adaptation after they finish After Story, just like they did with Kanon and Clannad. Little Busters perhaps?

And lol, looking back at these threads, we've been speculating about this for 2 and a half years now @.@
Little Busters would be AWESOME. Ever notice, though, that all Key adaptations air in fall?

And yes, sad, isn't it?
shichinanatsu wrote: well, at least we have something to look forward to (though the wait is quite taxing to an otaku's mind).. i at least personally disliked SnS' 2nd season ending; the franchise deserves a 3rd season, but it doesn't seem like J.C. Staff's going to do any more..
I've been saying it for years, but I'd love to see a KyoAni remake of SnS... like, a straight novel adaptation rather than the crap JC Staff pulled out of its ass.
Beware the talking cat wrote:Something else is KyoAni has moved from 13-14 to 24-26 ep series. Air, SHnY, FMP(TSR and Fummofu), etc. were all 13-14, then from Kanon onward they have been at least 24. That makes only two series a year, which means it's more difficult to have as much variety as they had.
I think it's a good thing. Longer series means longer stories...

And supposedly, the final novel of FMP is coming out soon, so FMP fans can expect their goddamn fourth season eventually.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

HolyCow wrote:I have this lingering feeling that they're gonna announce another KEY adaptation after they finish After Story, just like they did with Kanon and Clannad. Little Busters perhaps?

do you mean next key game "Rewrite"?

baka baka baka
antonie-kyon
Project Translator

Post by antonie-kyon »

guys, from wat i heard second session who come out ._. , well there is a SH movies but it still on the light novel, i reading but not sure fan-made or not)
Antonie khor, 16 years old, chinese, very well in chinese (simple/tradition), cantonese, and good english , can speak simple japanese, bahasa malay. anime fan, big fan of Suzumiya haruhi, Gurren Lagann and air gear
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

season 2 comes out when book 10 is released.
book 10 comes out when season 2 is released.
which comes out when book 10 is released
which etc. etc. etc

never ending loop of waiting
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

if v10 is the end we'll see season 2 before it; they'll risk killing the series in the eyes of the loyal fans if they did otherwise.

if not, the chance of v10 hitting the shelves before or alongside season 2's airing increases substantially..

though, however way you put it, we still wait.. :(
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Munto TV (The World Reflected In the Eyes of a Girl Looking Up At the Heavens), KyoAni's next project, is airing on January 13th.

It's going to be 1 cour (13 episodes) so we can probably expect Haruhi next spring or summer, probably summer.

Also, December 18th is next week, so we should have new information then. Chin up, guys.

Return to “Animes”