The Big List of Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Oy. I beat Halo 2 on all difficulties in the 2 days after release. Then spent the next year and a half playing online and traveling around hosting and competing in national tournaments. 8) I'm still debating on whether or not to get a tattoo of the legendary symbol on my arm. :wink: I think I was a little obsessed since Halo 1. :?

Anywho I didn't even know they had a second season to AMG! Or is it just the second half of the series? I get confused on those things sometimes.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Back when I first play Halo2, I sucked so horribly. We spent 7 hours on Cairo (legendary) >_>. I had another Halo 2 fest over the winter break, and I can solo Cairo on legendary now! :o I remembered that we had such a hard time on Tartarus that we shoved a banshee through the door and spent 30 minutes fuel rodding that Itsuki to death. Lol

And monkey, the AMG 2nd one is the second season. I hear they're making a 3rd season too :?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ropejumper13

Season 2 on that youtube page.
Don't bother downloading it, it's not worth downloading. It sucks quite a bit.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Oy, is it really that bad? I've got Air dl'ing right now and have Guyver reay to watch as well as 50 episodes of Hajime no Ippo and a few mangas. So I'll be busy for a while. The magical hobo is letting me borrow them from him. :D
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

If you like boxing mangas, give Katsu! a go. While it's more about romance, it's still about boxing :)
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I was watching Trigun over the break, I have five episodes to go. I might make a record for myself and watch them all tonight...nevermind that would be unwise, I got a nine o'clock class tommorow morning. :cry:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Trigun is how I met my -ex. :? Great series, I really liked it, but I'm reluctant to watch it for a bit because of the memories it'll bring back. :( I hate nostalgia.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Heh I watched bout 3 minutes of Trigun and got bored. It was in English so it sucked especially. I might try it out again some time. And yes, 2nd season of AMG sucks. Read my thoughts on it, and then watch the actual anime. I forced myself through that anime hoping that Keiichi would muster up some courage and try to be a little bit more outgoing towards Beldandy. It's really corny too, much like the 1st AMG season.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

I liked season 1 though. :( Trigun starts off a bit slow but once you hit the later episodes it gets pretty interesting.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

More things to add to the list.

Outlaw Star
8.5/10
Genre: Action, Comedy, Adventure, Romance

Overview: Gene Starwind and Jim Hawking run a salvage and repair company as well as collect small bounties on the side to make it on the backwater planet of Sentinel 3. Their world is suddenly flipped upside down and shot into space when they accept a bodyguard contract from a strange outlaw by the name of Hilda.

Thoughts: Great story and action sequences. This is one of the animes where the English dubbing is fairly well done. As the story progresses they meet more allies and travel to interesting places. (Hot springs planet ftw!) All the characters fit the story well and bring out some pretty deep emotions near the end especially Gene. A must watch, at least once.

Gantz
9/10
Genre: Action, Suspense

Overview: Kei Kurono was just your normal everyday high school student. One day on his way home from school he witnesses a homeless man fall on the tracks. Masaru Kato, a forgotten childhood friend of Kei's, suddenly jumped on the tracks to heroically save the man. Calling Kei's name he reluctantly went down and helped. Shortly after they helped the man up the express train arrived and killed them. That is where their horrifying journey began.

Thoughts: Insane story! I kinda wonder what goes through the writer's mind at points but other than being a bit out of this world the animation is beautiful. Action scenes are smooth and well done. The only reason I didn't give it a perfect 10 is because of the way they end the anime compared to how the manga continues. That and the very very annoying hesitation from the characters early in the series.

Kiddy Grade
7.5/10
Genre: Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi

Overview: Eclair and Lumiere are partners in the Galactic Organization of Trade and Tariffs (GOTT). They are part of a universal police force for hire. Working for the ES branch they are one of the secretive specialized units dealing with high risk jobs. As you learn later in the series these two girls aren't normal humans.

Thoughts: Watching this anime kinda rattled my brain a little. The story was very twisted and confusing but still enjoyable to watch. Definitely one of the most unique animes I've seen yet though. It really digs into some issues like social castes and politics. Very amusing series with a light hearted feel but still hits home on certain points. Must watch at least once!

Mahou Sensei Negima
Chobits
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi :wink:
Azumanga Daioh
Great Teacher Onizuka
Last edited by TheGiftedMonkey on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Write up a review of Trigun so I can add it to my review list! Also, explain to me a little bit of why this show is good.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Trigun
8/10
Genre: Action, Comedy, slight Romance

Intro Summary: Vash the Stampede is a wanted outlaw for supposedly having committed terrible crimes such as leveling entire cities. Meryl and Milly are two girls from an insurance agency sent out to find and if possible stop him. When they end up meeting the strange fellow neither can actually believe him to be the notorious mass murderer but always seem to end up meeting him again at the next disaster.

Thoughts: The first half of the anime is a more calm and light-hearted story touching base with multiple characters and letting you get to know them a bit. Around halfway into the series the past starts to unfold and you learn about Vash's pretty dark past and where he came from. As well as his evil counterpart. I loved the series especially the second half! 8)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

We need more anime posted! I've seen most of whats here and I know you guys have seen alot more than me. Lets have it!
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I'll write up a review of Higurashi soon. I need to rewatch a couple of parts before I can give it a true rating. Higurashi is one seriously underrated anime. I think it deserves a proper rewatch before I give it a rating ;P
/me claws out throat and dies
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

For now, how bout a review on Mai HiME?

Title: Mai HiME
Genre: Action, Supernatural, Drama
Not meant for: Down-to-Earth-Fantasy-haters, Anyone who has problems with a female being the lead and the main male character being a wimp, Anyone who hates lame endings.

Score: 8.5/10

Summary: Tokiha Mai and her sickly brother Takumi are trvaeling by cruise to the wealthy academy Fuuka Gakuen, who has agreed to fund their studies. One night, while abroad the cruise, Mai witnesses a battle between an unknown assassin and a young girl which she had rescued from drowning earlier on. The both of them wield supernatural powers and mysterious weapons, which are known as Highly-advanced Materializing Equipment, or HiME for short. Soon, Mai finds out that she too is a HiME, and there is more to Fuuka Gakuen then it seems...

Review: Mystery, Suspense, Drama, Supernatural, Romance... You'll find lots of it in Mai HiME. Although things seem t a bit stereotypical in the start, all of those quickly wear off as fresh new elements are added into play. Boasting one of the largest cast of characters, Mai HiME manages to develope each and every one of the 13 HiMEs properly. The first quarter of Mai HiME is mostly light-hearted, introducing us to the various characters in the series, while keeping us guessing who's a HiME and who's not.

Things quickly take a turn after episode 8, an episode which catches viewers quickly off guard. It is then that reality starts to set in, as not all is perfect. There are prices to pay in exchange for these so-called "superpowers", and in the end you question, are these for the good or for the bad?

After the cinclusion of the first half at episode 15, we viewers think all is over, but alas, even greater tradegies lie ahead. Episode 16's light-hearted nature is only a foreshadowing of the disaster that is yet to come, as lies, manipulation, betrayal and vengeance start to set in...

A truly amazing anime, Mai HiME not only offers good storyline, but also great music. Yuki Kaijura, who does the music in .hack, does a great job with the music in Mai HiME. Animation-wise, it's no KyoAni, but it's still very pretty.

The only one complain I have about HiME is how cheesy the ending is. That and the main male character is a wuss. That's the only thing stopping HiME from getting a 9/10.

Mai HiME is one show that I would rank among my top 10 anime ever watched. Highly recommended.
/me claws out throat and dies
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Umiman wrote:See! See! It does make you cry! Then in the last episode, they go through the whole series again! It's horrid! So saddening!!!! And they do the same thing in the movie!
I have the movie, episode 13, and some specials that I got from the hobo as well. Would I be wasting my time and happiness watching them?

Return to “Animes”