Strike Witches

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Strike Witches

Post by Poke2201 »

Romantic, preferably. But I can settle for Romantic Comedy.

I will not settle for a never ending plot. School Rumble just made me annoyed for that reason. So did Hatsukoi.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Romantic makes it a little harder but I can think of a few. The never ending plot does make it somewhat subjective, sure there are some which clearly go nowhere but others just look like they might actually end somewhere but you can't know until it nears the end and it goes terribly slow. Do you prefer completed works or ongoing works are fine?
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

chrnno wrote:Romantic makes it a little harder but I can think of a few. The never ending plot does make it somewhat subjective, sure there are some which clearly go nowhere but others just look like they might actually end somewhere but you can't know until it nears the end and it goes terribly slow. Do you prefer completed works or ongoing works are fine?
I want one that might actually end some where. Btw, do not send me The Wallflower, Im already reading it. Either/or.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Ok let's see I will say the ones the top of my mind, give them a look and if you find none you enjoyed I will actually search through all I've read and pick the closest to what you define as your wish.

Asu no Yoichi, To-Love-Ru(With it's sequel), Omamori Himari, TWGOK(but then you know that one already... :? ) and Sekirei.
Can I say something about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes we'll fight it, and we'll keep fighting it until we whoop it. 'Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable and nothing's inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say 'You're evitable!'
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

chrnno wrote:Ok let's see I will say the ones the top of my mind, give them a look and if you find none you enjoyed I will actually search through all I've read and pick the closest to what you define as your wish.

Asu no Yoichi, To-Love-Ru(With it's sequel), Omamori Himari, TWGOK(but then you know that one already... :? ) and Sekirei.
Hmm... I havent even touched Asu no Yoichi, but thats due to laziness. TWGOK is already being read lol. Sekirei and Omamori Himari I have not heard of.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

What? I thought you would have heard of them chosen not to read, what harem have you actually read?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Avoiding Akamatsu mangas....

Scary Enough Clannad is a Harem, Fruits basket, Wallflower, Nagasarete Airantou, The J.C. Tsundere Queens.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Hum... Not many you should try out more, off course there are bad ones but some are enjoyable.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I try to get ones with a definite end. So Its been slim pickings.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

I suppose but most are ongoing ones that may or may not have a definite end.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well ones that look like a definite end rather than a never ending plot is better.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

And the ones who are not entirely sure? Or the ones that will probably take a lot of chapters and they release very slowly?
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I avoid those. One is due to the OCD in me wants to finish things resoundingly.
chrnno
Line Mage

Post by chrnno »

Well that makes it hard to find manga in general not just harem...
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well usually, its Harems that trigger it. So most manga I can deal with.

Return to “Animes”