School days

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Dan wrote:
If they do not make an effort to change their character, how can anyone help them? To delve a bit deeper in theology here, even God cannot bring into salvation those who reject Him. That is the very concept of hell.
This is quite true. I cannot argue your point here, but I will say that this still does not mean that people should close the door permanently because they feel that they cannot change. As far the second and third - third of your statement, it sounds as if you have read some C.S. Lewis, if I am not mistaken. Congrats! He has some good stuff.

onizuka-gto wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:03 pm Post subject:
as someone once said: "as long as you live, you are never too late to repent"

as for school days, you seem to forget what it is about, it is a anti-harem romance high school drama.

its a dark humour parody of those genre, it theme is to throw all the bad elements into it, and watch the disgusting accident unfold with crystal clear clarification.

while there is still hope for occupants to survive the impact, there is only a slight chance.

the reason there were so many "creative" endings in the eroge, is the reflection of the goal of the theme.

the extreme results is what happens when young love goes bad, every single step of the way.

some will relish the painful but fascinating destruction on an emotional level, others won't have the resolve to watch it and will hate it.

personally, i find it the former, i really hope for a violent and bloody ending, and i hope the animate every single alternative ending, it'll be so fun.

ahhh, while its nice to see a beautiful and happy fantasy anime story unfold, sometimes you need to be grounded down with a good anime series which shows you the consequences of misjudgement on a grand scale and the reality when the faeces hit the fan.
Yes, but while it is nice to be swatted from the sky like Icarus every once in a while, I think there is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do. Frankly, while it is good to see the brokenness of the world every once in a while to help us remember that things could get much worse or that we perhaps are much better off than many others, I do not think that it is exactly good to take pleasure in others' pain. That is, of course, unless you are into S&M. In that case, all I will say is, "Umm, yeaaaahh..." Anyhow, I just hope that series or games like School Days just do not give people the wrong kinds of ideas about consequences or reality in general. Otherwise, let the grounding begin.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

ainsoph9 wrote:This is quite true. I cannot argue your point here, but I will say that this still does not mean that people should close the door permanently because they feel that they cannot change. As far the second and third - third of your statement, it sounds as if you have read some C.S. Lewis, if I am not mistaken. Congrats! He has some good stuff.
Do you mean we shouldn't close the door on Makoto and hope that his character makes a turn for the better? Or that Makoto himself shouldn't give up because of the way things turn out?
If you're also into that kind of reading, I'd also suggest some of G.K. Chesterton's work. It's a bit deep, but even if you don't go for the message he's trying to convey, the stories he writes are good on their own.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

How did this topic get so deep?

/facepalm
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

You're the only one that cares.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Jumpyshoes wrote:You're the only one that cares.
Retarded.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Dan wrote:
Do you mean we shouldn't close the door on Makoto and hope that his character makes a turn for the better? Or that Makoto himself shouldn't give up because of the way things turn out?
If you're also into that kind of reading, I'd also suggest some of G.K. Chesterton's work. It's a bit deep, but even if you don't go for the message he's trying to convey, the stories he writes are good on their own.
I refer moreover to the former. As for the latter, one's own resolve is up to them for the most part. If a person gives up and rejects all cheers for them to go back in fighting, then that is something only they can and must deal with. As for the reading tip, thanks. However, I currently am strapped for time, and my reading list is quite long as is, although it is mostly manga.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

*Watches episode 5*

Ok, Makoto needs to die.

Both of those girls need brain surgery too.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

You FINALLY see why everyone hates Makoto . . . .
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
i hope he gets stabbed like in the game

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Who needs that crappy ending when you could have:
ben1234 wrote:Personally, I want an ending that combines all three bad endings which will kill off Makoto then having Kotonoha and Sekai becoming lesbiens.
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

That ending sounds pretty possible, I think I'd go lesbian if I hung around Makoto for too long too. He gives "giving up all hope in men" a whole new prospective.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Symphonia wrote:That ending sounds pretty possible, I think I'd go lesbian if I hung around Makoto for too long too. He gives "giving up all hope in men" a whole new prospective.
Redundant statement.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

men have gone so far into the negative, that they start to look good.

like the say, "it's so bad....its good!"

well thats what i keep telling myself when i see another attractive women with a dickless wanking jerk arsehole.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

onizuka-gto wrote:men have gone so far into the negative, that they start to look good.

like the say, "it's so bad....its good!"

well thats what i keep telling myself when i see another attractive women with a dickless wanking jerk arsehole.

That's the kind of men that women tend to like.

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I just noticed that one can post without including his or her sig. Cool.

Return to “Animes”