Most Annoying Male Character ever

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Most annoying Male Character in Anime

Shinji (Evangelion)
40%
Shirou (Fate/Stay Night)
20%
Sergay (Mai Otome)
10%
Emo-boy-from-GSD (Gundam Seed Destiny)
7%
Maebara Keiichi (Higurashi)
17%
Yuuiji (Shakugan no Shana)
3%
Koizumi Itsuki (SuzuHaru)
3%
Izumi Shion (GANTZ)
No votes
Jun (Rozen Maiden)
No votes

Total votes: 30

Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

ben1234 wrote:So you can "kill" a chair?
Yes, exactly.
Keiichi is a bit weak by himself but he's not all that annoying ; kind of a dumbass, but he admits it and can redeem himself a little bit. Shirou doesn't fit in that list, except, of course, if all you know about F/SN is the anime. Izumi ? He's a jackass, no more. Shinji's goddamn weak and yes I'm aware of his problems. Don't know about the others, voted Shinji. Who the hell asks a 14 y.o. to pilot that thing and beat up angels ? Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that he's weak and doesn't grow up a bit to save his life. I blame Japan.

by the way, the "enemy of all mankind" thing is more factored by their ability to get a harem before their actual threat level. There was a version of "men to hire to hunt down the enemies of all mankind", too.
pxstg
Astral Realm

Post by pxstg »

Florin wrote: It's not that anyone's saying Shinji's behavior is unrealistic, you know. It's just that whatever reasons he has don't make him any less annoying. Overloading character with angst to make him look more "complex" is a cheap thing to do.
I think the reason I never really got annoyed with Shinji is because he is aware of how angsty and annoying he is. If he was completely oblivious to it, he'd be a total ass, but he knows it and genuinely hates himself for it. Not only that but he does try to improve himself (though he fails) and "not run away", which is to some degree respectable.

As for the angst overload... though Eva has many angsty characters, I don't think it falls into the angst=depth trap you're talking about. Kaji and Fuyutski are two important, non angst-ridden characters that are notable for their depth and development.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

ben1234 wrote:
Jumpyshoes wrote: Sorry about double posting.

The more precise term for this is kill, as explained in the game, anime, and manga. Also, he doesn't even need a sharp object. He could use his finger.
So you can "kill" a chair?
Yes, you can kill a chair. Haven't played the game in forever, so my explanation may be wrong.

Anyways, all objects were made for a, "purpose," and have life. Also, think about 200 years later. A chair will rot or fall apart. Kill a chair, is essence, taking away its purpose and, "fastfowarding," to the end of its life.
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

Replace "purpose" with "lifespan" (or rather "existence span", a predetermined span of "allowed" existence). Decided at the origin, which is why origin = end. Shiki's ability = seeing that predetermined existence span, converted into visible lines and dots. Stabbing that dot = bringing that predetermined "end of existence span" to... just right now (fastforwarding if you want, as jumpyshoes puts it). Killing it. Slashing the lines = destroying the "meaning" of the chair. It's not a chair anymore, it's just a pack of splinters.
We're straying a little off I guess.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I really need to download, install, patch and play Tsukihime soon.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Byakko wrote: Shirou doesn't fit in that list, except, of course, if all you know about F/SN is the anime.
I think he starts to shape up in Heaven's Feel, but unfortunately, I haven't played the game yet. He was annoying to me in the anime though (the poll name IS in the anime section after all :D ).

Something tells me I should REALLY play the F/SN game :P
/me claws out throat and dies
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

http://byakko.freeservers.com/FSN/UBW_Summary.html
http://byakko.freeservers.com/FSN/HF_Summary.html
(old and has some misinterpretations from a year ago)
/shameless plugin (I won't mind questions in a different topic)
but yes, Fate-Shirou is an annoying sexist who can't tell clearly what he's thinking.
Rednal
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Rednal »

*Looks around*

Who, me?

Oh, series characters. ^^ The one I find most annoying is not on this list.

...I don't really find characters annoying. XD I'm an easy judge because I'm very accepting.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Emo-boy-from-GSD (Gundam Seed Destiny)

There's like, 5 emo guys in GSD...

:roll:
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

So...why is Shirou on the list again? I thought he was a pretty decent guy, wanting to help everyone even at the cost of his own safety or image.
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Dan wrote:So...why is Shirou on the list again? I thought he was a pretty decent guy, wanting to help everyone even at the cost of his own safety or image.
He's a sexist :? .............. also screwed up somthings when he tried to do it by himself.......... when he clearlly can't do it :lol:
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

That and his hero talk was pretty cheesy to me :?
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

He also has a knack for stating the obvious. I never knew that people die if they are killed. Thanks, Shirou.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Why is Junichi (Da Capo) not on the list? He ditched the awesomeness that is Kotori for his own sister!
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I haven't seen Da Capo, so no idea on that one 8)

Return to “Animes”