Most Annoying Male Character ever

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Most annoying Male Character in Anime

Shinji (Evangelion)
40%
Shirou (Fate/Stay Night)
20%
Sergay (Mai Otome)
10%
Emo-boy-from-GSD (Gundam Seed Destiny)
7%
Maebara Keiichi (Higurashi)
17%
Yuuiji (Shakugan no Shana)
3%
Koizumi Itsuki (SuzuHaru)
3%
Izumi Shion (GANTZ)
No votes
Jun (Rozen Maiden)
No votes

Total votes: 30

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

romeo from romeoxjuliet is now my official hate man.
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

Stratosphere wrote:He also has a knack for stating the obvious. I never knew that people die if they are killed. Thanks, Shirou.
I figured it might be more profound in Japanese than the translation suggests. Could you explain how?
Simply put, it's the context.
Shirō has Avalon inside him, and he got killed, what, 3 times ? Near the end, he learns that he survived thanks to Avalon, and says "hey that's not normal. If I'm killed, that's my fault and I should assume the consequences of my faults. So if I'm killed, I should die, right ?"
Well, effectively he only says "korosareru nara shinu" which, if taken out of context, can be translated either as "people die if they are killed" or as "If I get killed, I should die" (since subjects aren't too often used in Japanese if you can rely on the context to comprehend the sentence) - as in, the natural result SHOULD be death, as opposed to : right now, it isn't.
It's just taking things out of context. For some reason, that infamous translation used "people" instead of "I".
... Well, even then, in this context, you could easily say he's speaking generally. But He's really comparing it to his current case, where Avalon prevents him from dying when he gets killed.
Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Setherzam »

you know if we keep this up we're going to loose a translator...
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

Who ?

Return to “Animes”