Eureka 7

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Eureka 7

Post by HolyCow »

I can't believe it took me this long to start watching it @.@

On the surface it looks like some kiddy flick, but there's actually more to it than just that.

I'm kinda enjoying this for all the drama it provides. There's mecha action in it, sure, but that's not what interests me the most. There was an ep towards the middle which dealt with destroying mechas = murdering the pilot, and to me it kinda made sense. For some guy who never killed anyone before, it would probably come off as a shocking revelation.

One odd thing though: How to KLFs bleed? >.<
/me claws out throat and dies
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Re: Eureka 7

Post by ben1234 »

HolyCow wrote:One odd thing though: How to KLFs bleed? >.<
It's actually oil, BONES just made it to look like blood.

I stopped watching E7 after Charles and Ray died, but the ending sucked according to what I've heard/read.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Eureka 7 is Neon Genesis Evangelion "Lite" - Less emo and a happy ending.

=Smidge=
obaka-san
Astral Realm

Post by obaka-san »

SPOILER!!!!!!!!
/me pokes smidge in the eye
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Smidge204 wrote:Eureka 7 is Neon Genesis Evangelion "Lite" - Less emo and a happy ending.

=Smidge=
That was a happy ending? I thought they turned into some kind of mutated lightbulb at the end.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

The ending was kinda confusing -.-

I can't believe he went through 50 episodes just for the sake of one kiss >.<
squirthose
Astral Realm

Post by squirthose »

HolyCow wrote: I can't believe he went through 50 episodes just for the sake of one kiss >.<
I thought their innocence was heartwarming.

This series was big. I mean, there's just so much to it. You've got the love theme and the action thing going on, of course, and those two would've been enough for many series. But you've also themes on how illness affects others, like the Vodarek girl's family giving up her life support for someone else, and William B Baxter's declaration that the Despair sickness was called that because it caused despair for the victims' families. There were some rather hippy-ish sentiments about living with the land and health food. Talho was my favourite character, as she grew from the "nagging girlfriend" to some type of mature mother-figure.

And yeah, it was really cool when Renton realized that the icons he worshipped in the Gekko-go were really killing people. Life wasn't as pretty or innocent as he'd hoped.

I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. And I HATE the graffiti on the moon. It was like the entire series erupted into one big, pink, fluffy, feel-good. It could've used a memorable death or two.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Yea, the graffiti was annoying :?

But other than that, it was a pretty good series to watch. The whole Dewey-suicide thingy seemed too much like a Deus Ex Machina to me, as well as the sudden Anemone-Dominic pairing, but it was still an enjoyable series overall.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Space Runaway Ideon owns everything robot-based ever.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Eureka 7 was good,nice fighting scenes and fitting ending,go Anemone!

Return to “Animes”