Your Favorite type of characters and least Favorite

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Your Favorite type of characters and least Favorite

Post by Setherzam »

me? I like the anti-heros and anti-villains. Dante, Vergil, Enma Ai, Suigintou. I like them all!

What I don't like is the over exagerated heros and villains, like that annoying guy from Samurai Warriors 2 that won't shut up about honor. Or Sephiroth, annoying long haired freak....
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I don't know about the samurai guy, but the reason Speiroth is exaggerated is because all the fans elevated him to such a high status.

I like characters that evil or powerful and don't care. Yuki of course, Uchiha Itachi, Kenshin's master Seijuro Hiko if you want to talk about manga and anime. I like Gordon Freeman, although he's player controlled in everything, but he has a good backstory. Venom is another favorite, so I was pumped when I heard he'd be in the next Spiderman. Roland from The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Arthas in Warcraft III after he becomes a Death Knight.

I hate characters that are overly emotional all the time. And characters that pull out of a situation they shouldn't because they get extremely lucky instead of having skill or strength or brains. And generally stupid people.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

I hate wussy characters I.E. Shinji from NGE.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I generally like tsunderekkos (like Eri or Chidori for instance), but dark, mildly-psycho characters are also fine for me, like Rena (Higurashi), Morino (GOTH), Suigintou (RM) etc.

I hate whinny Bastards like Shirou (F/SN) or Tate (Mai HiME).
/me claws out throat and dies
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

gah, definatly hated Shirou, the only time he isn't a Itsuki is when he steals Archer's arm, and even then Archer's awsomeness overloads his body cause Shiro is just that stupid
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Florin »

An example of least favorite would be Vash from Trigun. While he has his cool moments, his ideas are something I really despise. Hence, the characters I prefer would be quite the opposite - that is, really, really tough - Guts from Berserk is a perfect example.
A little (or even more than a little) insanity won't hurt either: I've just read Kara no Kyoukai (as far as translated here, that is) and I'm now totally in LOVE with Shiki
*plays with his knife and grins evilly*
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

Like most of you, I like badass main character, one who isnt a wuss/wimp and won't bow to anyone!, one who think before acting and isnt always clueless about every bloody thing happening around him.

take the main chars from: death note(cunning+smartness) + bleach (courage and dont give a shit attitude) + darker than black (mystery aura)+ Vegita from dbz (macho prince) + kaze no stigma (stubborn set of mind + cherish his ideals) +great teacher onizuka (experience of life and compassion)

=

Something very very close to my ideal main character! :P

for least favorite I deslike undecisive chars like pastel manga if you read it...or ichigo 100%.
I hate chars who are dumbasses (unless it's pure comedy anime/manga)
basically the opposite of my favorite char.
Making some money through links ;) click here here to know more.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Felin wrote:Like most of you, I like badass main character, one who isnt a wuss/wimp and won't bow to anyone!, one who think before acting and isnt always clueless about every bloody thing happening around him.

take the main chars from: death note(cunning+smartness) + bleach (courage and dont give a poo attitude) + darker than black (mystery aura)+ Vegita from dbz (macho prince) + kaze no stigma (stubborn set of mind + cherish his ideals) +great teacher onizuka (experience of life and compassion)

=

Something very very close to my ideal main character! :P

for least favorite I deslike undecisive chars like pastel manga if you read it...or ichigo 100%.
I hate chars who are dumbasses (unless it's pure comedy anime/manga)
basically the opposite of my favorite char.
Hey hey hey! Don't forget I"s either!
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Florin wrote:A little (or even more than a little) insanity won't hurt either: I've just read Kara no Kyoukai (as far as translated here, that is) and I'm now totally in LOVE with Shiki
*plays with his knife and grins evilly*
Same here Florin. Mild insanity/psychoticness doesn't hurt. That's why characters like Rena, Suigintou and Morino are pure win 8)

... Note the word mild. The last thing you want is for some heavily deranged psycho going after you... Like Shion (Higurashi), Anemone (Eureka7) or Tomoe (Mai Otome) for instance...

Oh and the same applies to male characters as well. Mildly sick/psycho characters like Light (Death Note) are fine, but total psychos like Gauron Or Gates (Both from FMP) are too much IMO...

P/S: Check out the most annoying male character thread 8) Maebara's currently leading the polls

EDIT: On a side note, I moved this topic to the anime section where I think it'll be more appropriate.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Gauron and Gates are among my top most loved antagonists list!
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

They just don't seem that favorable to me... :?

Each to his own I suppose...
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I can't believe I forgot about Gutts and Vegeta! Those guys rule! >__<
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

HolyCow wrote:
Same here Florin. Mild insanity/psychoticness doesn't hurt. That's why characters like Rena, Suigintou and Morino are pure win 8)

... Note the word mild. The last thing you want is for some heavily deranged psycho going after you... Like Shion (Higurashi), Anemone (Eureka7) or Tomoe (Mai Otome) for instance...
You class Rena as being "mildly" psychotic? You did catch a glimpse of her cleaver right?
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Well, she's only psycho in the last arc (Tsumihoroboshi-hen), which is like 5 episodes out of 26. I wonder if that's mild kana, kana?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

<trying to stay on topic here>

I mainly like villains, or main characters that like to kill things!

Evil always wins because good is stupid. Common fact of life.

Return to “Animes”