You know there's sick, then there's Dokuro-chan...

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

You know there's sick, then there's Dokuro-chan...

Post by HolyCow »

This anime is friggin sick. Honestly. Of all the blood/gore/violence anime I've seen, this is probably the most sickening one. Ever.

I mean, it concerns an angel from the future with magical powers that enable her to revive anyone instantly. She also possesses a magical club called Excalibolg that happens to be spiked all over. And a fetish for beating people up. With the spiked club.

She frequently beats the hell out of Sakura (the male lead), causing huge torrents of blood to appear everywhere, only to realize that she's killed him and proceeds to revive him seconds later.

In case you're still in doubt about the blood/gore/yummybits, here are some extracts from the OP lyrics:
Club-to-death angel Dokuro-chan, spraying blood everywhere Dokuro-chan! I'll step on you, tie you up, beat you up; kick you, cocktease you, hang you ; Club-to-death Angel Dokuro-chan, pounding you with her bat, I'll cut you, punch you, toy with you, stab you, leave you out in the cold, drip wax on you, but that's just how I express my love!
Oh and there's a rabid monkey thrown into the mix (with a real-life monkey head to boot).

This is friggin sick :twisted:
/me claws out throat and dies
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

hey, hey I put an explicit disclaimer that watching it will be the equivalent of mental suicide.

On another note Dokuro-chan has turned you into Captain Perry!

Edit: And apparently they have light novels for the series O.o
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Sakura eerily resembles Dan. Didn't Dan say he was taking particle physics? :twisted:

But seriously, this show is friggin sick. And funny. I LOLed hard at the first two episodes. Good stuff, really :P
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

O.o you're right!

turning the world's women into lolis seems like something Dan would do.
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Dokuro-chan is win. Somebody needs to get their hands on the light novel.

I thought I heard that an OVA for it was due this summer, but don't quote me on that...
dt
Astral Realm

Post by dt »

Oro, have you seen Dai Mahou Touge? That's what I'd call sick :lol:
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Hehe, Dokuro-chan, moe in a VERY twisted way.

This anime is friggin sick. In a kickass way 8)
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

It's definitely one of the most random animes I've seen. It's the only anime which can have blood and guts and still give you an overwhelmingly light-hearted feeling.
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

The dead bodys are amazinglly detailed :lol: ...
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Wow, I remember suggesting this anime last freaking year. I watched it in late December or so. :? I enjoyed its random violence and what-not. I'd give it an 8/10.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

No kidding. You can even see the brains and stuff when Dokuro-chan clubs Sakura to death :shock:
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

ah but the cury army was the best
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

reminds me of Happy Tree Friends.

good times. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

randomness

Post by ainsoph9 »

Yeah, Dokuro-chan is pretty sick at points, but I don't know. I think that Gantz still beats it in terms of violence and detail. Battle Royale is just as bad or worse. I thought Dokuro-chan was kind of funny too. Also, props on the Dai Mahou Touge; I laughed so hard on that one. Yeah for random humor! Although I must say that Pani Poni Dash and Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu! were just as random or maybe more so.

Oh, on another note, seeing HolyCow loves Dokuro-chan so much, they are re-making it, just like they did with Kanon and Shuffle! Who knows how it will turn out quality-wise, closer to Kanon (rock on) or closer to Shuffle (the remake was horrible)?
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Wait wait wait... Dokuro-chan's getting a remake? By whom? :twisted:

Dokuro-chan was pretty sick for me (in a good way - I love blood and gore), due to the combination of comedy elements, cute characters and the insane gore.

Like Oni said, it does resemble Happy Tree Friends.... Damn it, now I've got both the "pipiripirupiru" chant and the stupid Happy Tree Friends theme song stuck in my head.... :?

Return to “Animes”