Something I just noticed from the opening of SHnY

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Something I just noticed from the opening of SHnY

Post by Beware the talking cat »

This is from "Untitled 1" of Editior in Chief.

I don't have a screen cap on hand, so go look at the opening of SHnY.

It's the same picture(just colored in).

Someone, I'm sure, has noticed this before now, but I couldn't help pointing it out.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

There's also a quick scene of Haruhi riding on the back of Kyon's bike, which is mentioned in "Endless Eight"

=Smidge=
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

In the op and the ed, there are lots of references to the novels. Can't think of any off the top of my head.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

haruhi playing the piano. can't forget that one, btw here's the pic cat was refering to
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pxstg
Astral Realm

Post by pxstg »

Setherzam wrote:haruhi playing the piano.
When in the novels does Haruhi play piano?

Other things... in the ED they show the Christmas party from vol.4 as well as the actual filming of the move from vol.2. Also, in the beginning of the OP Haruhi is dressed as she is in Bamboo Rhapsody and then transforms into a high schooler as the camera zooms up...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Haruhi never plays piano in the novels to my recollection, but you do see her playing in the opening to the anime and hear "her" play in the drama CD. The funny thing is that you see her play guitar in the anime and read about it in the novels. It sounds as if she has next to 0 EXP in playing. I wonder how her fingers felt the next day. (For those of you who do not know, guitar hurts like no other when you first start playing.)
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

oh I definatly know that >.< they still sting....
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Florin »

ainsoph9 wrote:Haruhi never plays piano in the novels to my recollection, but you do see her playing in the opening to the anime and hear "her" play in the drama CD. The funny thing is that you see her play guitar in the anime and read about it in the novels. It sounds as if she has next to 0 EXP in playing. I wonder how her fingers felt the next day. (For those of you who do not know, guitar hurts like no other when you first start playing.)
Haruhi never played guitar in the novels (not in Live a Live at least). I guess they made her play guitar in anime because watching someone stand perfectly still while reading lyrics from a sheet is, well, boring no matter how good the voice is.
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
pxstg
Astral Realm

Post by pxstg »

Besides, everyone knows bunny girls + guitars = win. It's like Daicon VI. :P
ryvrdrgn15
Astral Realm

Post by ryvrdrgn15 »

The anime also has one more ENOZ band member than in the novel. In the novel, the band didn't have a name (right?) and the missing member was both the guitarist and singer.

For those that might've missed it, you'll see Haruhi and Nagato running in the background (for their performance) behind Kyon after Kyon and company finished eating at Tsuruya's cafe.

What's majorly missing from the novel and the anime is how Kyon got royally pissed at Haruhi for picking on Mikuru while they were making that movie for the festival. He was practically about to smack her. I guess they thought it better to leave that out. ^_^;

How about that scene where Haruhi and Nagato (in gym outfits) were stretching? Anyone know where that came from?

In the ending you'll also see the Christmas picture where they ate hotpot or whatever that dish was in the clubroom.

Mikuru spilling tea on Kyon is a spoof of that time when Haruhi insisted that Mikuru be clumsy once in awhile and ordered her to spill her tea on Kyon... or was there really a time she did spill tea on him?

Return to “Animes”