Clannad

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Clannad

Post by b0mb3r »

well i decided to make a new thread since a new movie opener of clannad been released. here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4X42OL0rHdw

baka baka baka
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

The animation is different from the normal Keyish look. Well, at least everything made by Kyoto. Can't wait till the movie comes out.

Does the movie only focus on 1 character? And when will the game translation be done . . . .
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I keep wondering if they are going to link all of the stories together outside of the season in which they take place. For example, Kanon is in winter; Air is in summer; and Clannad is supposed to be in spring. Does anyone have any information on this?
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Hmm . . . Interesting. I don't think Key's gonna do it.

Going off topic, has anyone heard of Little Busters! It's the lastest Key game. It's rating is everyone (aka no H-sences).

Wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Busters%21

Youtube op:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VatkGGooKrI

Has anyone played it? Haven't managed to find a review for the entire thing yet.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

The movie is done by TOEI if I'm not mistaken, not KyoAni.

KyoAni's TV series will probably steamroll them too, just like they did with AIR :D
/me claws out throat and dies
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

KyoAni does a good job from what I've seen (Haruhi, AIR, Kanon, Lucky Star, FMP Fumoffu, and FMP TSR). Hope it does well with Clannad.

I might consider watching the movie after the anime. The movie is compressed and only shows part of what actually happens, so the anime might be better.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Jumpyshoes wrote:
I might consider watching the movie after the anime. The movie is compressed and only shows part of what actually happens, so the anime might be better.
I agree. Most of the time when they make a movie and then expand upon it, the series is better. Crest of the Stars was like this as well. But, for series like Air, I still sometimes wonder if a single 13-episode series is enough. I think that it would be better if they did what they did with Kanon and Kanon 2006.
Spoiler! :
I mean, in Air, she just dies in the middle of the street, and he becomes re-incarnated in a doll. They give very little explanation for his re-incarnation and not much more for her death, even with the OVA. I wound up feeling like I missed some important detail.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Not even 26 episodes will be enough to cover all the arcs.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Jumpyshoes wrote:KyoAni does a good job from what I've seen (Haruhi, AIR, Kanon, Lucky Star, FMP Fumoffu, and FMP TSR). Hope it does well with Clannad.
You should be banned. KyoAni does a Yuki job. Period. Not from what you've seen. It will be Yuki good. Period. No hopes are needed.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

I heard Munto wasn't so good . . . . Well, everything that KyoAni didn't come up with was good, but there's always a first. And what's with the Yuki?
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

ainsoph9 wrote:
Spoiler! :
I mean, in Air, she just dies in the middle of the street, and he becomes re-incarnated in a doll. They give very little explanation for his re-incarnation and not much more for her death, even with the OVA. I wound up feeling like I missed some important detail.

You didn't understand it either? I was really lost on that series as well. My bewilderment was on par with that of NGE. :lol:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Dan wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:
Spoiler! :

You didn't understand it either? I was really lost on that series as well. My bewilderment was on par with that of NGE. :lol:
Exactly why I won't watch AIR again. Great animation as always though. 8)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

After reading some posts on Lunar's forums I understood a little of what happened in Air.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

I really liked the first episode of the anime.
ShApEsHiFt3r
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShApEsHiFt3r »

It was indeed a pretty good episode and I'll probably follow the whole anime, but why Canon... I wanted it to be Suzumiya Haruhi II that airs now, not this Kanon-like-ish love story... probably everyone else around here wanted that too :? *sigh*

Is this a positive or a negative comment? Figure it out by yourself 'cus I dunno xD

Return to “Animes”