Release your hatred!

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Release your hatred!

Post by Umiman »

What do you hate to watch? The kinda show that you watch for 10 seconds before killing a kitten?

Me?

Shoujo, shounen, yaoi, yuri, loli, mahouloli, mouhoushounen, mahou(anything), practically anything where the protagonist is >20, practically anything where the protagonist is a whiner, hentai(anime), anything that blatantly and obscenely misuses biblical symbolism to look cool, harem (anime) that focuses only on the harem aspect, Engrish FTW shows, variety shows, political shows, serious historical shows that alter history to some ridiculous abovementioned scenario, predicatable, boring, done-before, blatant imitation, 16 year old vampires, takes itself too seriously, crappy music, and last but not least, practically anything where the main protagonist is a female high school student (excluding comedies).

I'll add more later.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

You pretty much listed about 90% of anime out there.

I hate yaoi/shounen-ai, Narutard/Naruto, anything that reminds me of Gundam SEED and GSD, and stuff from shoujo manga.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

....That's great....I guess...
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I dislike 90% of fighting shounen, pantyshots, other excessive fanservice, the annoying nosebleed gag, shoujo focusing on male characters, shounen-ai and friends(being used as a joke i.e. OuranHighSchoolHostClub or SHnY is fine), bad harem anime(decent or good harem is fine), and anything with a title of more than twelve words.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I hate yaoi and anime lacking music or with music that sucks.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i hate the animation of most shows, i hate the cheap music, i hate the typical anime stories of most anime. i hate how the character think is very important to call most ppl by their 1st name when most japanese ppl i met in japan do not consider a big deal. i hate the typical beach episode and the typical panties and fanservice. the stories are predictable. the fighting seems to be the same and never expand to be better. basically we need a change or revolutions in anime. for example Suzumiya Haruhi, lucky star, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei seems to make a difference. kanon remake was at a very nice pace that i like. personally i don't like big jugs girls and woman have.

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

They make a difference because they aren't low budget shows. Add that to my list, low budget shows.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

ben1234 wrote:You pretty much listed about 90% of anime out there.
Bingo!

*hands you a shiny medal*
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Where did you get the 16 year old vampires from . . . .
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Jumpyshoes wrote:Where did you get the 16 year old vampires from . . . .
Hemoglobin addition.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

16 year old vampires come from anime such as Tsukihime, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Blood+, and the like. Technically, most of them are not 16 years old, but the sure look it!
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

There's no 16 year old vampire in the Tsukihime anime. There's a female vampire, but she's 800 year old and looks pretty much like a young woman.
What tilted in my head was immediately, how's it called... Karin ?
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

I can generally stand most stuff except:

1- Horribly bad art. Soul Link comes to mind.
2- Fraggingly stupid plot. Again Soul Link comes into mind.
3- Lousy Deus-Ex Machinas.
4- Wimpy male leads.
5- Cheesy endings.

NOTE: Although Higurashi 1st Season had lousy art, it did have a brilliant plot, and hence why it didn't bother me so much. Something like Soul Link, which had, surprise, all of the above, is something I can't stand :\
/me claws out throat and dies
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Byakko wrote:There's no 16 year old vampire in the Tsukihime anime. There's a female vampire, but she's 800 year old and looks pretty much like a young woman.
What tilted in my head was immediately, how's it called... Karin ?
Mmm... I personally hate the Tsukihime anime, but Satsuki is such a minor character that doesn't really affect the story beyond the first what? 5 minutes? So it's all cool.

And Karin falls under the "Supreme Lulz Overcomes All" theorem. So, that's cool too.
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

Mmm... I personally hate the Tsukihime anime, but Satsuki is such a minor character that doesn't really affect the story beyond the first what? 5 minutes? So it's all cool.
Satsuki doesn't go vampire in the anime anyway :P

What I hate ? From the top of my head, characters who just stand there pissing their pants and can't react to what happens around them (Higurashi is just that type, usually as soon as Ooishi arrives, but it's the one anime of the genre I actually like, because of all the rest, although that bit pisses me off), characters unable to analyze what other people think (Death Note is its perfect antithesis), wimpy male lead too, anime that have nothing to do with the original work (Tsukihime...), Naruto (for the characters - I really like how Kishimoto manages to dig in many mythological stuff at ther same time but that just doesn't do), yaoi & shoujo are a granted...

Return to “Animes”