Kyoran Kazoku Nikki

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

jeromemmm
Astral Realm

Re: Kyoran Kazoku Nikki

Post by jeromemmm »

Spoiler! :
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
jeromemmm wrote:yep ! me agree!
me think that the part of the story that they focus on each of the family members' past is good...
(of course they are all bad past... *well i'm not sure about the jelly fish*)
(but the fact that they've been through those events and found a family *even though it looks weird* is what i really like about it, and pLus the cOmedy and the crazy things Kyouka-sama aLways do (>__<).. )
About the Jelly fish... Just wanted to point it out, since i dont recall seeing it in the anime... She is the result of the leader of the supernatural organisation being drunk, fishing and got her out, and in his drunkness he made a joke of testing for whether she is a possible candidate for the family... And the results... you know... so basically there is no information about her...

awww.... thanks for that... (>__<)
but ,.. you "dont recall seeing it in the anime" ?
dude its aLway there....
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Firstly, i meant the story of the jellyfish, not the jellyfish itself.
Secondly, use a "Quote" not a spoiler
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
jeromemmm
Astral Realm

Post by jeromemmm »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Firstly, i meant the story of the jellyfish, not the jellyfish itself.
Secondly, use a "Quote" not a spoiler

first, . ow, so thats what you meant...
(i'm so stupid. who wouldn't notice that jelly fish living in the house. right? sorry for that.)

second,
i used spoilers to save space.
if i qouted that it wouLd just show up again. then i would need to scroll further down.
(and its just the same as the original, so no need to read it. so why not hide it..)

(though that one above was qouted cOz its just 2 sentences. so its not so far to scroll down. its ok)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

How are the light novels? I mean are they good to read? Should I at least hope for possible english translation? More Drama, Action or Comedy?

And yet another light novel series I would like to look into it at least once. To bad I cant read japanese.

Boah I hate those series which promise more, but I at the same time know that its not possible to get see and read it, since here in germany is no one around who would translate and publish it.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Read 1 and 2, nothing all that special. Anime is comparable to it, a little better in my opinion.

The name Kyoran Kazoku Nikki is the diary of a messy or crazy family in that sense. In the anime, you will not understand the name really, however in the novel, as the name implies, the family share a diary in regards to what happened, what they feel, their own styles of writing etc.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Had the novel series a conclusion in the end?

The novel series did already end or?

Darklor

Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

The novel series did already end. (15 volumes + 7 side stories)
I only read 5 volumes so far (/15) so I cannot tell how it ends, but the KKN LN are EXTREMELY different from the anime, I can tell you that. If volume 1 and 2 aren't that far (except that the atmosphere is more heavy in the LN, as they added a lot of funny scenes in the anime like that whole passage with the tour operator or whatever which doesn't exist in the LN, and suppressed lot of harsh infos from the novels), it heavily changes with the third volume ( arc with Odessa, Kyouka's little sister). You then realize that the anime completely altered kyouka's information; that the anime did the same for Shiruku, and not only that, but for Gekka too; that the anime almost didn't care for the character's suffering in that volume, and that final fight was heavily altered to make it watchable even by kids* (it's not supposed to be); and that the main scenario isn't even going the same way.

The anime has been heavily altered to be almost a simple comedy anime whereas the original story is a mix of comedy and of a serious story which seem to have quite a good amount of foreshadowing and secrets behinds it. I'm looking forward to the next volumes as it seems that we'll soon learn lots of shocking truth about Kyouka's body, Raichou and Gekka. We're still in an arc covered by the anime, yet the informations coming at us are like, completely different.

Anyway, the LN is miles better compared to the anime. For the anime, they made the choice to ignore completely anything important for the plot and just focused on the comedy. But so far that main plot seems to be fairly entertaining. I like the balance comedy/serious of the LN. While it's not one of my favorite LN so far, it's enjoyable to read and the plot makes you want to read the next volumes, because starting with the 3rd volume you realize that there has been a lot of lies in the beginning about the Enka prophecy and about enka's children, and that a lot of things don't add up properly.

(*the following illustration is from the end of the third novel and is among the softest parts of that fight)
Spoiler! :
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, that the anime series is quite different from the actual original LN I already heard, though I liked the anime because of its comedy...

Oh, its only 15 + 7 and already ended? Then the English wiki got that wrong... but it seems the Japanese wiki has it as 15 original + 9 side stories...

Darklor

Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

Scrap that 7, it's 9 on the bangai part indeed. ^^"

You have a good amount of comedy as well in the LN, the balance between serious moments and comedy is quite good imo. I liked the anime for the same reason as you but after reaching the third volume I had to admit that the changes made in the anime were mostly unwelcome.
Also, I wouldn't say "only" for a LN that lasted 24 volumes :3

Return to “Animes”