Kyoran Kazoku Nikki

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rectifier
Astral Realm

Kyoran Kazoku Nikki

Post by Rectifier »

Crazy show, and the OP and EDs are especially well done. (Theres different EDs depending on the region the show is broadcast in, eight in total).

This thread is for KKN discubbery, appreciation, and discussion.

Here's a link from ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9236

Here's the first ep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGnvmh0YkIg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Kyoran Kazoku Nikki

Post by ben1234 »

Streaming is for noobs. Bring on the hobos!
Last edited by ben1234 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

I prefer to get my anime via streaming or direct download because its fast and its free.

Although I'm sure hobos would enjoy to get their anime from a steam room instead.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

gonna watch it when is done. seems promising

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It is pretty good. Kyouka...ahem, I mean Kyouka-sama (please let me live Kyouka-sama!), can be a little much at times, but she is also the main source of the humor.
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

<3 Some of the other series the seiyuu from KKN star in; so this is a win-win for me in terms of craziness and voice actors.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

this series seems pretty crazy, might as just end up downloading it :P
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

It slows down after awhile, but thats because it switches focus from crazy to plot mixed in with some crazy. Of course since I'm a plot fiend, this is fine for me.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I would that it would become more plot-based, seeing as it is based on a series of light novels.
jeromemmm
Astral Realm

Post by jeromemmm »

Kyouka-sama ! ! (>__<)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Personally i prefer the anime than the novel, i read books 1 and two, they are of the formation of the family (including Chika, sister of the cute Yuka) and their honeymoon trip respectively.

The plots are largely similar, but Kyoka is less nice, since Hyoka(the bio weapon) did not fight his father, thus Kyoka never appeared to stop them etc. The part of the anime where they went to a travel agency did not exist, (come to think of it, it doesnt make sense if they did) and Oka had no idea they were on a trip until he found the airport by their house etc...

The main difference and special part of the novel is that the reason the novel/anime is called Kyoran Kazoku Nikki, is that they have a notebook for Oka to keep track of their family. But Kyoka (expectedly or unexpectedly) spotted it, and declared that it be used as a diary for the whole family. The reason for the "Kyoran" is that Kyoka wrote the words "Kyoran" on the notebook in red, thus the entire name. It is rather interesting, for example, Hyoka tried to copy and paste information from the net onto the notebook as his first entry, since he does not understand how to write a diary, and got scolded by their father. At the same time, their diary for Gekka is mainly an observation by Oka, who did mention seeing a black hair woman appearing once when he tried to find out about Gekka's monthly disappearances.

P.S. Yuka is soooooo cute!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

This series was funny as hell at the start but I just don't like the bloody familiy drama...every ep or so got focused on one of the family past life. boringggggg :?
and all the love eww
Making some money through links ;) click here here to know more.
ShadowZeroHeart

It is still a lot of fun and laughs if you ask me...
The reason they have to focus on the members are likely because none of the members are normal...
The author is trying to portrait the misery and sadness of each one of them, that may lead them to want the world to end.
This is showing all kinds of people too, or so i think.
However, in this family, it does not matter, they are all loved and are happy...
Be it you being a weapon or weird looks not knowing what you really are, be it you being like a beast or having a fierce appearance, be it you having a kind heart that no one tries to understand, be it you being a gay/lesbian that other people cannot understand, be it you having some past that no one else can really understand, be it a family name that is such a burden you cannot let go of or being abused by others, be it you being so arrogant and unique that no one can accept you usually, be it you having some hidden secret that no one else knows...

No matter what sins/secrets/pasts or anything you have, you can still be loved... There will still be people who treasure you, or even people who feel the same as you. I think that is what it is trying to say?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
jeromemmm
Astral Realm

Post by jeromemmm »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:It is still a lot of fun and laughs if you ask me...
The reason they have to focus on the members are likely because none of the members are normal...
The author is trying to portrait the misery and sadness of each one of them, that may lead them to want the world to end.
This is showing all kinds of people too, or so i think.
However, in this family, it does not matter, they are all loved and are happy...
Be it you being a weapon or weird looks not knowing what you really are, be it you being like a beast or having a fierce appearance, be it you having a kind heart that no one tries to understand, be it you being a gay/lesbian that other people cannot understand, be it you having some past that no one else can really understand, be it a family name that is such a burden you cannot let go of or being abused by others, be it you being so arrogant and unique that no one can accept you usually, be it you having some hidden secret that no one else knows...

No matter what sins/secrets/pasts or anything you have, you can still be loved... There will still be people who treasure you, or even people who feel the same as you. I think that is what it is trying to say?

yep ! me agree!
me think that the part of the story that they focus on each of the family members' past is good...
(of course they are all bad past... *well i'm not sure about the jelly fish*)
(but the fact that they've been through those events and found a family *even though it looks weird* is what i really like about it, and pLus the cOmedy and the crazy things Kyouka-sama aLways do (>__<).. )
ShadowZeroHeart

jeromemmm wrote:yep ! me agree!
me think that the part of the story that they focus on each of the family members' past is good...
(of course they are all bad past... *well i'm not sure about the jelly fish*)
(but the fact that they've been through those events and found a family *even though it looks weird* is what i really like about it, and pLus the cOmedy and the crazy things Kyouka-sama aLways do (>__<).. )
About the Jelly fish... Just wanted to point it out, since i dont recall seeing it in the anime... She is the result of the leader of the supernatural organisation being drunk, fishing and got her out, and in his drunkness he made a joke of testing for whether she is a possible candidate for the family... And the results... you know... so basically there is no information about her...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Animes”