Seitokai Yakuindomo

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Post by Fushichou »

First off, hilarious, witty series. I love the unexpected subtle and not-so-subtle perversion that takes place.

My only complaint is a scene from the 3rd episode, where the main character acts extremely surprised and frightened to see a foreigner with blonde hair who couldn't speak coherent Japanese, and it was honestly just a little offensive.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Seitokai Yakuindomo

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Fushichou wrote:First off, hilarious, witty series. I love the unexpected subtle and not-so-subtle perversion that takes place.

My only complaint is a scene from the 3rd episode, where the main character acts extremely surprised and frightened to see a foreigner with blonde hair who couldn't speak coherent Japanese, and it was honestly just a little offensive.
Sorry... But how is that offensive to you? He is surprised and frightened not because of seeing a foreigner, but because his English and other languages that he possess does not allow him to communicate freely with the foreigner, thus would embarass himself... Its like if a Chinese starts talking to you and you have no idea how to speak with him...? The fear is not against the foreigner, but rather, towards himself for not being able to answer the foreigner.

and its a good series, though personally I never expected it to get animated. Have read volume 1 & 2, in chinese. Very interesting and nice, enjoyed it lotsa. Cant wait for more volumes/episodes to be out!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

No, that's not why. The second he sees him he lets out a cry of shock and steps backward.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Well, it's Japan. The state is very homogeneous and slightly xenophobic.

At some point I decided to stop letting these things bother me. As irritating as they are, there isn't anything to be done about it.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Yeah, I know. I just wish it wasn't such a shock to see another human who simply is taller than you and doesn't have black hair.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Its like if a Chinese starts talking to you and you have no idea how to speak with him...? The fear is not against the foreigner, but rather, towards himself for not being able to answer the foreigner.
lol you know what's worst? When an ABC is asked direction by a main-lander of China, I get screwed so many times. I tried to be Italian using my hands to explain the way.

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Fushichou wrote:No, that's not why. The second he sees him he lets out a cry of shock and steps backward.
1stly, its a 4 square manga, so you cant tell that... but judging from the anime, i would think its because he kinda expected to be asked questions, which explains the reason? But... I am not Japanese, so I have no idea really...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

It's got nothing to do with what happens in the manga dude. It was there to be seen in the anime, clearly.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Well I finally finished watching it (school in the way and all). Happy there is season 2!

baka baka baka
Just4fun
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Just4fun »

i think the OVA is now finished.... :?:
I Have a Future Diary trust me..... XD
(Just kidding...)

Return to “Animes”