Anime winter 2010/2011

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime winter 2010/2011

Post by shichinanatsu »

@b0mb3r: meaning must've missed me, i don't get it.. :?

anyway,
Yumekui Merry: 7-8 /10
quite the awesome OP, and though the art is reminiscent of Lucky Star, overall presentation makes future eps worth waiting for.. unable to judge about loyalty to manga canon though, have a lot to catch up to there.. :(

Gosick: 8-9 / 10
to those who've got eyes on kuroneko, goth LOLI sherlock anyone? an anime with Bones all over it, and in a good sense. a must-see for those who're getting tired of the recent trend in titles pandering to the masses. 8)

Freezing: 5-6 / 10
right from the start, not something to be watched by the faint of heart.. misgivings for too much gore and fanservice aside, plot-wise it might work out for the better, what with the Eva-esque theme..

Onii-chan no koto..: 7-8 / 10
also unable to judge on loyalty to manga canon, and not something to watch with non-otaku beside/behind you.. art brings hyakko and clamp to mind, and ROFLMAO ecchi abounds..

now be off to DL and watch Beelzebub.. 8)

edit:
Beelzebub: 8-9 / 10
random explosions, and quite a bit more extreme portrayal of goon comedy than say, midori no hibi. certainly a must-watch if you're into manly laughs.. 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

have you not ever seen freakazoid?

baka baka baka
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

can't say i have, it never reached as far as my homeland.. if it did, i must have missed it..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

baka baka baka
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Just saw the latest Index II episode. Excited to see who Itsuwa is (despite alot appearances I've seen of her over the past two years as part of Touma's harem)

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I have been watching "Puella Magi Madoka Magica," and I must say that this is probably the most screwed up mahou shoujo series that I have seen to date. It seems to be violating every "rule" or "standard" of the genre that there is such as everything being happy-go-lucky. I like the series thus far, but the world that they are creating is very messed up, which is leaving a lot of loose ends and possibilities for story development. (Not a bad thing really.) One thing I am starting to think though:
Spoiler! :
Kyuubey is not telling all of the information needed for Puella Magi to grasp the situation that they are getting themselves into, for one. Kyuubey seems to have a secret agenda, that comes across as at least borderline evil. It appears that Kyuubey is not necessarily the "top dog," with him being part of a greater "organization" with some hidden reason for creating Puella Magi. I do not think that the Puella Magi are being created just to fight the witches, given that Kyuubey just stands by and watches "helplessly" as Puella Magi fight. We also have yet to see a fully detailed explanation of why Puella Magi and witches exist in the first place. Here are some "theories" why the Puella Magi universe behaves the way it does. Also, I get the feeling that Mami is not dead yet; or, if she is, Madoka is going to revive her or Sayaka if she gets killed (highly likely at this point).
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Hmmm.... I shall put that on my to watch list.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Good idea, but I have a feeling that this series will have a very messed up ending.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

Currently watching Kurokami and Hyakko, but I might just pick that series up afterwards
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

ainsoph9 wrote:I have been watching "Puella Magi Madoka Magica," and I must say that this is probably the most screwed up mahou shoujo series that I have seen to date. It seems to be violating every "rule" or "standard" of the genre that there is such as everything being happy-go-lucky. I like the series thus far, but the world that they are creating is very messed up, which is leaving a lot of loose ends and possibilities for story development. (Not a bad thing really.) One thing I am starting to think though:
Spoiler! :
Kyuubey is not telling all of the information needed for Puella Magi to grasp the situation that they are getting themselves into, for one. Kyuubey seems to have a secret agenda, that comes across as at least borderline evil. It appears that Kyuubey is not necessarily the "top dog," with him being part of a greater "organization" with some hidden reason for creating Puella Magi. I do not think that the Puella Magi are being created just to fight the witches, given that Kyuubey just stands by and watches "helplessly" as Puella Magi fight. We also have yet to see a fully detailed explanation of why Puella Magi and witches exist in the first place. Here are some "theories" why the Puella Magi universe behaves the way it does. Also, I get the feeling that Mami is not dead yet; or, if she is, Madoka is going to revive her or Sayaka if she gets killed (highly likely at this point).
Wait, so you mean it took you this long to figure out Kyuubey was probably evil and hungry for teenage girl souls?

Because a lot of us saw it coming the moment Homura was so against anyone making the contracts
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Not really. It is just that I have been waiting for more confirmation.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I just had my mind blown by the last episode of Madoka. Wow! :shock:
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Okay since due to poor internet I haven't been downloading anime. Finally when I have a good day I download all the madoka magic show to see what the shocking thing about it. Watched 2-8 and all I have to say. Wow. Love SHAFT as they still stand and prove to be my 2nd favorite studio ( Studio 4c 1st) and a f*ck you to QB.
Spoiler! :
I kind of predict H-sama is from the future, especially with her so called "jumper" ability. If I haven't read Negima with Chao previously using same troupe before I wouldn't have guessed it. also I want to have one of my characters to have that in my story too.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Spoiler! :
It appears that Homura is from an alternate future or something. At least, that is what Kyuubey says. Watching this last episode was so packed with vital plot points that missing it is like missing the series.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
I thought Homura was Madoka's daughter but the more I've seen the OP, the more I think she's the cat. Maybe cats can become magi if they have wishes too. I just don't understand the significance yet. So here are my theories from what i've seen.

What Homura said about the "Walpurgis Night" I'm guessing is a gathering of witches and QB is gonna use the seeds he've eaten to unleashed tons of witches. If you recall all seeds still have potential to be witches if left untended. Also since witches are fallen magical girls Madoka, while may be the greatest of them all could be also considered the worst of them all in term of witches.

The dream in the beginning has importance which explains Homura's motive to prevent Madoka not be a magic girl, which in turns becomes a witch. In the OP you see a slightly older madoka, whom I assume is adult self before transforming into a witch. That or Madoka actually wished for a persona, one who doesn't regard herself weak or useless and a lack of self-doubt and fear. This is just one of those stories in general that are unoriginal but original in execution.

baka baka baka

Return to “Animes”