The World God Only Knows

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: The World God Only Knows

Post by ainsoph9 »

More like to say, "It is not worth it." Go to http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html and search for TWGOK. I am sure that you will find it that way.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I suppose we will have to wait until tomorrow to see the response or if they never post again.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

hobogunner wrote: (What is the name of the other translation group? I want to watch to see if they respond.)
MangaFirst. Admin is Zodiac.

Hope that they don't get his identityt through illegal means.
YoakeNoHikari wrote:I bet Chinese people have translation wars all the time.

Culminating in one person a page.
Well, or they fight each other, or they work with each other. Remember the 23-translators-team for OreImo the novel?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

For those who are interested, this is MangaFirsts post regarding them taking up this series:

http://www.forum.mangafirst.com/viewtop ... b4f4f291b8
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

hobogunner wrote:For those who are interested, this is MangaFirsts post regarding them taking up this series:

http://www.forum.mangafirst.com/viewtop ... b4f4f291b8
SIghz. Well, if anyone's to challenge us in some series we're working on, we'll bring hell on them. We'll bring in the Oni.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Teh_ping wrote:SIghz. Well, if anyone's to challenge us in some series we're working on, we'll bring hell on them. We'll bring in the Oni.
That.....or drop "The Hobo" on their forums...... :lol:

(Or have Vaelis use his crazy amounts of connections to completely shut them up for good. :roll: )

If none of the above work, then we set you up in a subconscious trans-am mode to go farther than even the author has thought of....

If that doesn't work (how would it not?), then, and only then we can break out the Oni.

But, this is a hilarious discussion for another thread, for those that read the latest posts only, please read the above ones.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Yeah, and if worst comes to worst, I'll end up translating this series...
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

....what do you mean? Just gonna make "Ping Translation" and do it yourself?

(Just scanned through RHS's staff....I recognized 3 of the names from here.... :shock: I suppose if you start at one end, you wind up on the other... :lol: )
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

BOT, please ladies. In any event, I read their forum, and it seems that that group started this knowing more or less what they were doing. By that logic, it seems that they went into this knowing that they were picking a fight. So, all excuses and "reasons" aside, I have to wonder what goes on in people's minds to go ahead and do something like this anyhow.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I could give you an extraneous answer as to a reason why a person must do something outside the realms of possibility as a current system stands, however, instead I will say:

"Ain't nobody gonna keep me down."

That's why. Never a reason for anything, it just is.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:BOT, please ladies. In any event, I read their forum, and it seems that that group started this knowing more or less what they were doing. By that logic, it seems that they went into this knowing that they were picking a fight. So, all excuses and "reasons" aside, I have to wonder what goes on in people's minds to go ahead and do something like this anyhow.
With common sense, you don't see why you can't translate this, since it does not belong to anyone.

Though I read RHS' version.
Kira0802

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Technically, it's not about ownership since fansubbing's illegal (but who cares), but to be honest, it just benefits no one to have two competitors if it's not a business, and neither will it improve the skills of the translators, typesetters, cleaners, and everyone involved. Even if either side wins, it's just a pyrrhic victory for the winner.
hobogunner wrote:....what do you mean? Just gonna make "Ping Translation" and do it yourself?

(Just scanned through RHS's staff....I recognized 3 of the names from here.... :shock: I suppose if you start at one end, you wind up on the other... :lol: )
Who said I'm not on RHS?
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

....well, I like to believe everyone uses the same username.....

What would be the difference if you translated TWGOK? (I assume other translators are as strong as you...maybe....I probably shouldn't even believe that or even say it, but I am...)
lchigo93
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lchigo93 »

I know it'd be weird for me to post this in the anime section, but have you guys noticed that the art of the mangaka is getting really nice lately??? I tried comparing the latest chapter and the first chapter and the art has really improved alot. I wonder why, I see this in other manga's too, the art starts out moderate, then improves greatly in the long run, if it's doesn't get cancelled halfway that is.

"If men weren't perverts then humans would be extinct" Fuwa Rinna from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Actually, art always improve from year to year. Just compare the Conan in 1996 with the Conan now...huge difference.
Kira0802

Return to “Animes”