Pandora Hearts

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Pandora Hearts

Post by Mystes »

Just read the last chapter and watched the anime.

I love this series. :D
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Pandora Hearts

Post by blewin »

I got interested in the manga while watching the anime, and then once I got ahead, I lost interest in the anime and dropped it! Ha. And how I can never get back to watching the anime.... is there a definite ending or is it left hanging since the manga hasn't ended yet?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

They made an original end, it seeems...but the manga is way better, I agree. Though it starts to become more confusing than Medaka Box.
Kira0802

quethiril
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quethiril »

I watched the anime through and enjoyed it a lot, though I know the ending was probably fudged. Been meaning to get the manga.

But I think Break would not be as awesome without Ishida Akira. :D
Though it starts to become more confusing than Medaka Box.
Is that confusing in a good way or a bad way?
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

In my opinion, the manga turned into crap lately. That's not what you call character development anymore... or story development. Or development altogether.

Spoilers up the the latest chapter
Spoiler! :
The little sister is a psycho? And that info was dumped on us in half a chapter, with no indication beforehand?
Barma is evil, and Jack the big bad who was totally nuts for Alyss (Abyss' intention or whatever)? After 70 chapters? Revealed over 1 or 2 chapters, no prior indication either? SERIOUSLY?

Okay, maybe one can find indicators in the earlier "mysteries" and bits and pieces about the past, or "things couldn't have been that simple", but COME ON!
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Spoiler! :
The little sister was already shown to be a torture maniac.

I thought that Barma was obviously plotting something.
But yeah, it's not great.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Kadi wrote:In my opinion, the manga turned into crap lately. That's not what you call character development anymore... or story development. Or development altogether.
Pandora Hearts has the habits to turn things a bit over.
Kira0802

Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

YoakeNoHikari wrote:
Spoiler! :
The little sister was already shown to be a torture maniac.

I thought that Barma was obviously plotting something.
But yeah, it's not great.
True, the first thing was quite a long time ago already, a year or something, but... that was the first instance where I thought "WTF, no, they didn't just do that, did they?"

2nd one... well, true, but he could have planned something in a good way, no, couldn't he? Or maybe he still does... Anyway, those 2 are the minor cases, the one I named right after/along with the 2nd one is what made stop reading it. Although Alice is so adorable and Oz bad ass from time to time...
Kira0802 wrote:
Kadi wrote:In my opinion, the manga turned into crap lately. That's not what you call character development anymore... or story development. Or development altogether.
Pandora Hearts has the habits to turn things a bit over.
You think so? When? When Break and Shalon turned out to be good guys? That happened so quickly, it was just a case of unfinished characterization. Same with Elliot.
Pandora always was the big organization with issues, but a few reliable people, a few mysterious ones and loads of incompetent red shirts.
The Baskervilles were always the bad guys. Although some circumstances may have surfaced, they remained antagonists throughout.
Gil was always singlemindedly serving either Jack or Oz, and his bro was the psycho.
But...
Spoiler! :
Jack and the sister
were already established, and before the respective reveals, there was no noticeable doubt about their characters/roles (unlike with the headhunter business which had a lot of buildup). And I'm afraid that's just bad storytelling, at least in an otherwise serious story.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Kadi wrote:When?
I'd say that it started around the time with the Humpty Dumpty. I mean,
Spoiler! :
Elliot was the bad guy, Leo went to the other camp, Barma decided to take part more actively, Vincent started to act less as an antagonist (well, he didn't appear as the main antagonist), etc. Plus Jack now.
Kira0802

Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Let's see...
Spoiler! :
The Jack-stuff is what I've got my beef with.
Humpty Dumpty is headhunter-related. That's been going on for some time, so it wasn't completely out of the blue.
And at least to me, it was obvious that Vincent did a lot out of twisted love for Gil, not because he was plain, old evil.
And Barma... well, Barma's Barma. Even now I'm not 100% sure he's evil, or let's call it a true antagonist. And he's always been like that.
P.S.: It was about "habit". Humpty Dumpty/Headhunter is a long way in, so even if it started there, I'd hardly call it a habit...
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Hmm...you're right. It's just that I get the feeling that Pandora Heart's 'flow' changes often.
Kira0802

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Just read the latest chapter...
...WHO ON EARTH IS THE "BAD GUY"???
Kira0802

d34thw1ng
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by d34thw1ng »

Kira0802 wrote:Just read the latest chapter...
...WHO ON EARTH IS THE "BAD GUY"???
world is gray~~

well honestly i see it coming... come on even alice saw how sick that "hero" was, but i feel soo sorry for little bunny U.U
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I actually feel so sorry that
Spoiler! :
our main character that we followed over I-don't-know-how-many-chapters was a goddamn rabbit,
Kira0802

Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Kira0802 wrote:I actually feel so sorry that
Spoiler! :
our main character that we followed over I-don't-know-how-many-chapters was a goddamn rabbit,
Lol, pretty unimaginable, yeah? Especially when it was revealed that Oz was the B-rabbit, I feel that that part had quite an impact. But I feel that the story is interesting because you never know what's going to happen next. It helps that the art is pretty clear (D.Gray Man's art has been getting slightly messy, but that's expected since it's shounen manga and it has a lot of actions). If it weren't a manga, it could have turned out to be an amazing novel, or series (perhaps). And with the way the story is at now, we can finally understand why the Alice that Oz saw in the watch wanted to strangle him.
I wonder how Jack managed to construct the events so that Oz would be born? And what has Zai and Oscar have to do with this? (Makes me wonder if Oscar is also involved in this...)
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.

Return to “Animes”