To be continued?

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

bronysayers
Astral Realm

Re: To be continued?

Post by bronysayers »

lostotaku wrote:I think i shall add one more to my list :P

Okami-san and her seven companions

just got it a few days ago and I have not laugh quite as hard since I watched ouran for the first time.....now I just have to see if anyone has translated the novels
I would love to this continued. Also been unable to find a translated version ;-; also wanna see more baka and test oh and boku wa tomodachi. That's all really
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

I want to see more Boku wa Tomodachi, Hidan no Aria, SAO, Baka to Test, and Haruhi(come on KyoAni!!).
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

The problem with Haganai and Haruhi is that they are out of source material to my knowledge.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

ainsoph9 wrote:The problem with Haganai and Haruhi is that they are out of source material to my knowledge.
Yea, Haganai has adapted all the 8 books(except the 9th book which was just released), so we'll have to wait for that.
And AFAIK, Haruhi has 11 novels released till date and the anime has only adapted the first 3 volumes(with some content from volumes 5,6,7), the movie has adapted the 4th volume. So I would assume they still have enough material to push out another season or two?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

That is questionable, but the Haruhi-ism thing has kind of died down, so it may or may not happen.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

ainsoph9 wrote:That is questionable, but the Haruhi-ism thing has kind of died down, so it may or may not happen.
Aren't the novels still selling well?
Last edited by sirgoodguy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: whops i pressed edit not quote...
sirgoodguy
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Bungaku Shoujo
Spice and Wolf
Suzumiya Haruhi
Toaru Majutsu no Index
All gone. T_T
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life

Post by sirgoodguy »

Rohan123 wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:That is questionable, but the Haruhi-ism thing has kind of died down, so it may or may not happen.
They are selling very well
Currently the personal editor to the cat.
~sirgoodguy the Freelance Editor, Typeset, Timer, Translator... Etc... Also a Chef and Computer Nerd... oh and part time artist.~
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Rohan123 wrote:
Well, if they are selling very well as stated by sirgoodguy, then I don't see what is stopping KyoAni from producing another season, unless they decide to drop the project due to the backlash caused for the 'Endless Eight' arc... :|
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

@Rohan: anyone who was repelled by Endless Eight was no longer around for v4/Disappearance's movie, and given the time lag since then Haruhi's pretty much history, not to mention KyoAni has one other good title that they never bothered looking back to (read: FMP) :cry:

leaving aside Tamako Market and Free, i'll just sit back and wait for Kyoukai no Kanata and Chuu-ni s2, and maybe even Hyouka s2 while they're at it... 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

shichinanatsu wrote:@Rohan: anyone who was repelled by Endless Eight was no longer around for v4/Disappearance's movie, and given the time lag since then Haruhi's pretty much history, not to mention KyoAni has one other good title that they never bothered looking back to (read: FMP) :cry:

leaving aside Tamako Market and Free, i'll just sit back and wait for Kyoukai no Kanata and Chuu-ni s2, and maybe even Hyouka s2 while they're at it... 8)
I was repelled by Endless Eight, yet I came back for Disappearance(which received greatly positive reviews overall), and then watched all the EE episodes for the heck of it. I hope they continue, although I do understand that the chances look bleak.
Zefyris
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zefyris »

Isn't the fact that haruhi's novels sold well actually the main problem?
Kyo ani being kyo ani, they don't need the haruhi franchise to sell well.
Kadokawa Sneaker bunko only need anime adaptation to help their novels selling, and the last arc was already helped by the movie. It ALREADY sold extremely well, the supplementary sales that would give a new anime season for light novels which already sold that well are probably not worth the anime adaptation cost in their opinion. If new volumes were to be published however, it would be a different story.

And Tanigawa Nagaru hasn't published any new material since his last arc. Here's the second part of the problem. ImO, as long as the author doesn't publish a new arc, we will never see a follow up for the haruhi anime. It's really too bad considering that the arc composed of the volume 9-10-11 was probably the best since the beginning, but that's probably what will happen. On the other hand, if I'm correct, it also means that the chance to see a new season/movie will rise quite a bit if the author starts to publish new volumes again, so there's still hope.
Last edited by Zefyris on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Zefyris wrote:Isn't the fact that haruhi's novels sold well actually the main problem?
Kyo ani being kyo ani, they don't need the haruhi franchise to sell well.
Kadokawa Senaker bunko only need anime adaptation to help their novels selling, and the last arc was already helped by the movie. It ALREADY sold extremely well, the supplementary sales that would give a new anime season for light novels which already sold that well are probably not worth the anime adaptation cost in their opinion. If new volumes were to be published however, it would be a different story.

And Tanigiwa Nagaru hasn't published any new material since his last arc. Here's the second part of the problem. ImO, as long as the author doesn't publish a new arc, we will never see a follow up for the haruhi anime. It's really too bad considering that the arc composed of the volume 9-10-11 was probably the best since the beginning, but that's probably what will happen. On the other hand, if I'm correct, it also means that the chance to see a new season/movie will rise quite a bit if the author starts to publish new volumes again, so there's still hope.
Hope is all I have at this point... :roll:
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Tanigawa kind of left us hanging in either case. To me, it says something when the English translation is about ready to catch up to the Japanese original in terms of publication.

Return to “Animes”