Anime Fall 2012

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Shiina
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Fall 2012

Post by Shiina »

This is shaping up to be one of the best seasons in recent history. If anyone's interested (and in an attempt to continue procrastinating from work), some of my thoughts on the things I'm watching this season (20 words or less!):
Spoiler! :
Aikatsu! - Idols. Pretty much a kids show, nothing really new or inspiring here. I need more IDOLM@STER...

Bakuman. 3 - So far, so good. Should be pretty good considering the last two seasons.

Btooom! - The better version of Sword Art Online. Definitely worth recommending.

Busou Shinki - Didn't really have any expectations for this. Pretty forgettable.

Chuunibyou - OH MY GOODNESS THE MOE, KYOANI FANBOYING SO HARD

Code:Breaker - Shounen isn't really my cup of tea, but this apparently should be pretty good.

Girls und Panzer - Cute girls in tanks is surprisingly not bad. Excellent OP, though.

Hayate no Gotoku - They messed up everyone's faces. The artwork's actually distracting...

Jormungand - No comment on this one, no idea what's going to happen.

K - When people are comparing it to Guilty Crown, it's probably not good... this show is all over the place.

Kamisama Hajimemashita - Pretty solid shoujo, but it's a little bit overshadowed by better shoujo shows this season.

Kyousougiga - Didn't know what was happening before in the ONA, don't know what's happening now.

Little Busters! - Having read the VN, I'm still liking what I'm seeing from this show. +1 Saya.

Magi - ??? What?

Medaka Box - It's getting to the good part, definitely looking forward to this one.

Oni-ai - Too many imouto love shows these days. Bright part: Chihara Minori.

Psycho-pass: Interesting Urobuchi Gen plot, less interesting animation. Still on the fence for this.

Robotics;Notes - Expecting great things, just not for a few more weeks...

Sakurasou - Great, one of my favorite shows this season. Excellent ED, glad it's 2-cour.

Shin Sekai Yori - Another great show here, this time on the drama side. Started a bit slow, but picking up now.

Sukitte Ii na yo - Probably the second best shoujo show this season. Those are some weird previews, though.

Teekyuu - Pass. Watch at your own risk.

To Love-Ru Darkness: Finally, some plot in my To Love-Ru, and is it fabulous. Also has the best OP this season.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - Another one of the best shows this season (shoujo). A strong first episode and hasn't let up since.

Zetsuen no Tempest - This was surprisingly interesting, albeit the direction it's going to take is somewhat unclear.
A rather busy season for me, but this'll be a few months of anime that a lot of people aren't going to forget.
rxls
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rxls »

I agree with Shiina that this season has some very good anime. Personally I have checked almost all of them but the one that I would recommend is "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!". If this show continues like this, it will turn out to be one of the best romantic comedies. Excellent humor, enjoyable characters and very good animation, sound and voice acting make this show "A must-see". :)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, I am again ways behind, but I just found Tonari because of an article in the AnimaniA about the manga. And I have to say I liked the anime so far (ep. 9)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Animes”