Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Silimir
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Post by Silimir »

Does anyone ever watch that anime?

Source: http://www.absoluteanime.com/rumbling_hearts/index.htm

Here is a summery from that website:

This story is about three high school friends. Their lives changed when one of them, Suzumiya Haruka, is involved in a car accident. She slips into a coma for three years after the accident.

Takayuki Narumi, which was her boyfriend, goes into depression because he feels that it was his fault, being late for their date. But Mitsuki blames herself more, she likes Narumi and twice she had caused him to be late for Haruka's and his date, (second time resulting in the accident) unintentionally. It was her birthday that day, she spotted Narumi walking alone. Mitsuki decided to ask him to buy a ring for her from a roadside stall. She took a long time, as a result, Narumi being terribly late for his date. When Narumi got there, Haruka was knocked down by a car and was off to the hospital.

From that day, Narumi fell into depression, which got worse and worse as time went by. Mitsuki then took care of Narumi, still keeping her feelings for him suppressed. A year later, Mitsuki could no longer take it anymore and tells Narumi everything. It lead into them having sex that night, before they started dating. Mitsuki also started living together with Narumi in his small apartment.

Three years later, Haruka wakes up. Akane called Narumi to tell him that Haruka has woken up and wishes to see Narumi terribly. Narumi becomes anxious and wondered how was he going to tell Haruka about his and Mitsuki's relationship. Mitsuki decides to go to the hospital with him. They ran into their teacher on the way to the ward and she tells them that Haruka has anterograde amnesia. She adds that they must not tell her that three years has passed since the accident. When Narumi sees Haruka sitting on her bed, looking ignorant and innocent, guilt took the better of him and he began to cry. Narumi now has to decide between Haruka and Mitsuki. The climax of the story is about the three characters' suffering because of this predicament.
Silimir
Project Translator

Re: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Post by Silimir »

Personnaly, really thought it was purely the kind of drama anime. If I remember (5 years ago so...), you really feel the depression of all the characters. Sad from the beginning to the end... well...

I'm not recommending it if you are the fragile type of anime watcher. There may also be a nude scene, can't remember.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I remember this one. It's funny how the only thing I can recall is the part where Mitsuki cheated on the guy. :roll:
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Man, I saw this years ago when I was back in college during vacation. I remember reaching and finishing episode 4 where everything goes to a warm place in a hand-basket and being called to dinner by my parents. Yeah...that left a little bit of a cliffhanger scar...Everything from that point on was absolutely messed up. Seriously, I know that they were close and all; I also know that you cannot just shrug that kind of thing off; still, the drama was so incredibly overplayed because the characters allowed one event to dominate their lives.
Spoiler! :
I also think that Mitsuki allowing her broken shoe to determine the rest of her actions that night was about as dumb as you can get. I know that it was symbolic largely, but come on, people.
I remember seeing the OVAs for this series and thinking that they only made the original series worse. Yeah, this is one of those series that I liked at the time for its story, but I still regretted watching.
d34thw1ng
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by d34thw1ng »

some of the endings of the vn are too much XD. about the anime well it was great . my gift to u is a good bye =( (not a see ya later but a good bye) .2 main heroines are of muv luv too XDD kinda messy of time line + alternative + etc :S

the sub (at least spanish though i remember the english one too) was awesome but dub sucks as hell...
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
Silimir
Project Translator

Post by Silimir »

@A: Yeah i understand your feelings. I just rewatch it this morning. It's a short anime so it took me 3-4 hour. But seriously, I was kinda horrified to see how depressing people can become when they let, like you say, something dominate our life. Everything look dramatic. Big bad period of raining. The kinda life no one wants to have: going to work like any other else. Feeling unspecial. Also, the guy doesn't know what he wants. I usually hate blue hair girl, but that one reaffirm what are my feelings. The reason why they are so depressive, which is Haruka, isn't really there. They even created an oav to tell us: decide which ending you want.

Well, indeed this is the classical type of anime that makes us think about our feeling for anime in general. I do not hate the story, i think it is a good way to get sad about anime in general and think how much life can suck if we become like them. Good moral i may say.

I can conclude with this story that this is what happen when you want to turn an anime with school girls into an exagerated drama. Take Toradora or ZnT or HighSchool or Negima or.... and make someone die, and let the character be depressed about it. It's a good way to make side story, but also to make a lot of people haters.

Return to “Animes”