Haruhi season 2

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Leader of KH SOS
Astral Realm

Haruhi season 2

Post by Leader of KH SOS »

In season 1, episode 9 was an original story.

So I was thinking about what kind of story they could do for season 2. I think it would be fun to have Haruhi:
A. wish Kyon out of esistance and be desparate to find him (The Disappearance of Kyon)
B. create the world of fantasy (espers, aliens, time travelers, sliders) but not be able to enjoy Kyon's realistic sensabilities. (cause he either is not there or is also an abnormal person)

/ksfl

P.S. That may well be the stupidest thing I've ever said.
cotton
Astral Realm

Re: Haruhi season 2

Post by cotton »

kaoSFell wrote:In season 1, episode 9 was an original story.

So I was thinking about what kind of story they could do for season 2. I think it would be fun to have Haruhi:
A. wish Kyon out of esistance and be desparate to find him (The Disappearance of Kyon)
B. create the world of fantasy (espers, aliens, time travelers, sliders) but not be able to enjoy Kyon's realistic sensabilities. (cause he either is not there or is also an abnormal person)

/ksfl

P.S. That may well be the stupidest thing I've ever said.
Surely that's for us to decide.

Anyhow, I like the way you're thinking, good story ideas. I'd also like to see more of Haruhi showing her feelings towards Kyon, but the problems inherent in having stories like those, where Harhi must learn something about her true nature will, I fear, be difficult to overcome in 25 minutes.

To fit in with the other storylines any knowledge she gains about her powers or about the existance of supernatural beings would have to be reset by the end of the episode.

Still, if they could work it out, I think your first suggestion, with Kyon wished out of existence, would be a terrific story.

Why don't you write it up as a piece of fan fiction and post it here?
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

I think her wishing Kyon out of existance would be too out of sync with the rest of the story. It is always told from Kyon's perspective, so how would the story be told in that case? Haruhi has already brought Kyon along with her when she created another reality, this would be the complete opposite of that story - instead of giving up everything and everyone except Kyon, he is the only one she gives up? She would never want anything bad to happen to him - or anyone for that matter; Kyon says this in the Lone Island chapter.
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

I don't think Haruhi would ever wish Kyon out of existence. I think she is fully aware that she likes Kyon. Koizumi once stated that Haruhi was very depressed after having Kyon argue with her, because she had always seen Kyon as following her no matter what. When events happen, she always tends to hope that Kyon pulls through for her(or her team.) even though she never admits so. Koizumi has stated all of this, as he has empathetic powers with Haruhi, which allows him to read her emotions and state of being. I, myself, think that Haruhi's eccentric behaviour is a facade, much like Koizumi's personality. Even Koizumi said his personality was a complete act.

Haruhi admitted she was a normal girl until the event at the stadium. She probably doesn't act as strange when she is alone. I believe she just doesn't want to accept the fact that she is like everyone else, so she tries hard to be different. She wishes desperately for someone unique so that she can compare herself to them. This is why she wished for aliens, espers, and time travelers.

This is why I think they should make an episode being told from her point of view. It would be interesting to see what she is thinking when she isn't around the others.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Stratosphere wrote:I don't think Haruhi would ever wish Kyon out of existence. I think she is fully aware that she likes Kyon. Koizumi once stated that Haruhi was very depressed after having Kyon argue with her, because she had always seen Kyon as following her no matter what. When events happen, she always tends to hope that Kyon pulls through for her(or her team.) even though she never admits so. Koizumi has stated all of this, as he has empathetic powers with Haruhi, which allows him to read her emotions and state of being. I, myself, think that Haruhi's eccentric behaviour is a facade, much like Koizumi's personality. Even Koizumi said his personality was a complete act.

Haruhi admitted she was a normal girl until the event at the stadium. She probably doesn't act as strange when she is alone. I believe she just doesn't want to accept the fact that she is like everyone else, so she tries hard to be different. She wishes desperately for someone unique so that she can compare herself to them. This is why she wished for aliens, espers, and time travelers.

This is why I think they should make an episode being told from her point of view. It would be interesting to see what she is thinking when she isn't around the others.
:shock: /clap Thats a great idea.
fraye
Astral Realm

Post by fraye »

***clapping too*** Indeed very interesting.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

I want to see a story arc in which Kyon and Haruhi make a bet with each other... that one can do something better than the other. Whoever wins becomes chief of the brigade for a set amount of time. Now, imagine if Kyon was the one that won... Then, if Kyon becomes temporary chief, he could really let go and have fun for a day.

What would happen if he did too well, though? Haruhi might feel like she was beaten, since it's Kyon doing it. This could lead to...

Permanently switching positions/bodies in an alternate timeline, since there's only one for-life brigade chief: Haruhi. Kyon would end up as Haruhi, and I imagine it could be made even more fun by everyone else rotating positions and perhaps genders, too. The whole brigade would be turned upside down until Kyon figures out a way to get Haruhi to take back control... since there can be only one king (queen?)

Only Kyon would be aware of what's happening. Well, Kyon and Yuki...

... since Yuki is aware of practically everything.
Yes, please. I like this idea immensely.
dt
Astral Realm

Post by dt »

Dragoon wrote:Permanently switching positions/bodies in an alternate timeline, since there's only one for-life brigade chief: Haruhi. Kyon would end up as Haruhi, and I imagine it could be made even more fun by everyone else rotating positions and perhaps genders, too.
Er.. like this? (and this) :twisted:
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

heh, that'll make a great episode.

But I just realized, they never met a slider even though she called out for one.
Moe_Ronn
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Moe_Ronn »

did you read volume 3 yet? it kinda explains why there isnt a slider
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ......wait what was I doing again?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

EP9 of SHnY could be inserted into the anime because it didn't conflict with any events in the book, and nor did it prove to be a major event. Unless they want to stray from the original story planned out by the author, the story must be a small event (like a normal day in the SOS-Dan). Unless Kyon noted a event within the story that hasn't been told about yet, I don't think they can add a big story. Plus Kyon's narration tells about any (major) event that occurs generally, it's unusual for him to keep a large event closed.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Ahh well I don't really care either way. Though I think season 2 is going to follow the main storyline.
SIayer12
Astral Realm

Post by SIayer12 »

can't wait for Season 2 =D the year I'm in High School!!!
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Hay! Me too!!! I'm in 8th grade? How about you?
SIayer12
Astral Realm

Post by SIayer12 »

I'm in grade 8 now school almost oveR!!!!

Return to “Animes”