Anime Spring 2013

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Anime Spring 2013

Post by shichinanatsu »

RL finally settled down a tad more to get around watching the first week's offers.. :?

Date A Live:
Spoiler! :
weird.. i get the feeling this one'll be worse than how IS ended up.. oh well, i'll see if it lasts post ep04 :?
Crime Edge:
Spoiler! :
a rabukomewith splatter a la Mirai Nikki? :lol: the protag sure is someone to poke fun at though 8)
Hataraku Maou:
Spoiler! :
coming right after Maoyuu its a new take on an alternate perspective on civilization, though mostly for comic relief. will continue :)
Ginga Kikoutai:
Spoiler! :
something like Vandread + SEED + Aquarion.. pre-teens anime isn't bad once in a while, and in that regard this one can't screw up THAT badly..
Yahari Ore... : (ridiculously damn LoNg title :? )
Spoiler! :
different take on the core theme of Haganai.. once in a while i don't mind the lack of slapstick if the writing CAN deliver..
Photo Kano:
Spoiler! :
sans fanservice - i'm starting to think i might end up being aversive to the damn thing - it might be good enough for your weekly 30 minutes.. 8)
Devil Survivor 2:
Spoiler! :
Persona clone? that, and the question of why the 1st title in the franchise didn't get animated first.. otherwise, something like K + Code:Breaker, if you can imagine such a thing.. :mrgreen:
Aku no Hana:
Spoiler! :
SUMMARILY DROPPED. if i can squeeze a bit more time away from RL and VNs i might check the manga out, haven't read any in a while.. 8)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
MCsq2
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MCsq2 »

First episode of A Certain Scientific Railgun S wasn't anything too special.

Here's to hoping we'll get more story-focused episodes instead of the massive amount of fillers in the first season.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

rounding up week 2's offers.. :D

OreImo:
Spoiler! :
kyousuke sure has it real tough :? looking forward to more, whether i pick up where i left off from the LN or get it straight from the anime
Shingeki no Kyojin:
Spoiler! :
yep, a little gore goes a long way. nothing like a break from all the love come that comes with too much VNs 8)
Suisei no Gargantia:
Spoiler! :
sci-fi like i enjoyed seeing in the Hyperion Cantos.. oddly though, the latter half of the ep reminded me of this show, not that there's any significant intersection..
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W:
Spoiler! :
suffered that nostalgic headache from reference overload.. :? :) and that OP was all-over-the-place hyper :lol:
Kakumeiki Valvrave:
Spoiler! :
something with Sunrise stamped all over the place.. i'm pretty sure its been said quite a few times in other places, but ep01 just shouted "Gundam Geass".. awesome duo for the OP as well 8)
Railgun S:
Spoiler! :
i've always wondered - or more likely just never got around to finding out - where they get the material for this spin-off.. i seem to remember reading some of the sort when i read through Index 2-3 years ago, but i might be imagining things..
HenNeko:
Spoiler! :
no complaints plot-wise.. and i think i just had a few eye-gasms.. :mrgreen: first time i saw Kantoku's art in Natsu no Ame, i longed to see but never expected to see it animated, until i watched this one. :D
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Dohma
Project Translator

Post by Dohma »

Railgun S:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
i've always wondered - or more likely just never got around to finding out - where they get the material for this spin-off.. i seem to remember reading some of the sort when i read through Index 2-3 years ago, but i might be imagining things..
Some of it is mentioned in the novels, but I believe it's mainly going to be based on the spin-off manga series. Kamachi provided the story for that as well.

So far I really enjoyed the first episode of HenNeko, so I'm definitely going to keep watching that one.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Hataraku isn't as funny as BakaTest, still it works as comedy. Following.

SnK lives to its hype, followed.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
yajra03
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by yajra03 »

Love this season, majority of the animes are good specially every weekend.

btw, Yahari is the best anime for this season! source: me! :lol:

" nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back "
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

anyone around have any info on whether Gargantia or Valvrave will be 1-cour or 2-cour? all i know for sure is that Valvrave gets an s2 this Fall, so maybe its the former?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Sephaq
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sephaq »

So far HentaiNeko is top of my list, I'm it's in my list to read as soon as it get translated or I learn enough to read/translate something.
But this season is very good, lot's of anime i was waiting to see, and so far the announcements this year are good.
Aska
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Aska »

Currently watching Shingeki no Kyjoin and Suisei no Galgantia.

First one,
Spoiler! :
is as good as I hoped, fights are well realized. However, I find the protagonists not so original. You have the prodigy, the smart guy and the hero with no talent who think that he can overcome everything. Anyway, I really enjoy this one. Btw, unique story !
Suisei no Galgantia,
Spoiler! :
well... what a surprise ! I don't like so much robots, meca and else. But I didn't expect that. Landscapes are really wonderful, the manga will show you an unknown earth (that's the best point). I can only recommand it !!
Searching for
Venhor
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Venhor »

Shingeki no Kyjoin is a very good anime. I currently whatching and it's very nice.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Just trying my best to patiently wait till August 18 for the final 3 episodes of Oreimo, without flipping out. 8)
Once I watch them, am hoping for some closure.(I have already read the LN and know what's gonna happen all too well, but watching it is fun nonetheless, especially the art style which is to my liking :) )
yajra03
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by yajra03 »

will miss oregairu especially hikigaya, definitely one of the badass main character on par with keima katsuragi.

" nope, god hates us. even if we go, he'll send us back "
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

Rohan123 wrote:Just trying my best to patiently wait till August 18 for the final 3 episodes of Oreimo, without flipping out. 8)
Once I watch them, am hoping for some closure.(I have already read the LN and know what's gonna happen all too well, but watching it is fun nonetheless, especially the art style which is to my liking :) )
3 FINAL EPISODES OF OREIMO!? OKNOKSNFVOJFSBKJNVKJSFBIDJBCISJABA
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

bestnumber?8721 wrote:
Rohan123 wrote:Just trying my best to patiently wait till August 18 for the final 3 episodes of Oreimo, without flipping out. 8)
3 FINAL EPISODES OF OREIMO!? OKNOKSNFVOJFSBKJNVKJSFBIDJBCISJABA
Last 3 episodes... :evil:
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years

Return to “Animes”