Anime Summer 2013

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Anime Summer 2013

Post by Cindynka »

MineRiko wrote:Yeah I'm so looking forward to it. It was the first step I took as an otaku.

And generally, animes take a year or so. Even though Date A Live was revealed to have a second season earlier than Nisekoi, Nisekoi is at least 70 times easier to draw so it will be quite fast...
Well, 2nd Season of Kakumeiki Valvrave 2 is this autumn and yet, the 1st was in spring. So it's kinda quickly done.
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

Hmm

AIC has always been rather slow...
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
enn_are
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by enn_are »

rock96 wrote: Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my.
I'd recommend Love Lab.
Thanks for the suggestion - I watched the first three episodes last night, but I couldn't really get into it. The pace felt a bit too frenetic to me and I didn't find the characters all that engaging. I don't think I'll pick it up at this point, but I might revisit that in the future.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

enn_are wrote:
rock96 wrote: Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my.
I'd recommend Love Lab.
Thanks for the suggestion - I watched the first three episodes last night, but I couldn't really get into it. The pace felt a bit too frenetic to me and I didn't find the characters all that engaging. I don't think I'll pick it up at this point, but I might revisit that in the future.
Not at all. A pity it is that you did not like it. At least, I learned a new word even if my suggestion was not that good :lol:
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Dohma
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dohma »

I'm actually wondering when the 2nd season of Chuunibyou's going to come out - probably my favourite anime of the previous year. I'm also looking forward to the movie.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I do not think anything has been announced yet, although it has been confirmed that it will happen.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Watamote is killing me. :lol: 4th ep for win.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Off_duty_hobo
Astral Realm

Post by Off_duty_hobo »

Since we're at the point in the season where people have a pretty solid list of what they are going to watch for sure, what is everyone's list?

Also, why is this not pinned, but Spring and Winter are? If you can approve my message, you can fix that, please do. :roll:
My2ndAngelic
Reader

Post by My2ndAngelic »

LF> Hyperdimension Neptunia
Watamote
TWGOK ss3
Ro kyu bu SS
Dog and Scissors
[A member of the Maple Alliance] My2ndAngelic.
I play MapleStory in these servers: KMS, GMS, JMS, EMS, MSEA.
A translator, anime subber, encoder and a Mapler.
BloodyKitty
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BloodyKitty »

Rozen Maiden 2013 - Apart from ep 1 (which is a bad recap of the first part of the manga), the series has been very engaging so far. People might complain that it's slow, but I like that it takes its time to build-up the serious, mysterious atmosphere and study the characters. I used to find the young!Jun to be fairly annoying, but with the old!Jun as the main character here, seeing how he's dealing with Shinku and his social awkwardness problems has been interesting.

Monogatari 2nd season - From what it seems this season of Monogatari will resolve the issues of the main girls once and for all, which may lead to deconstructing Araragi's harem. The Tsubasa arc ended very well and I'm really looking towards the next arc.
Ippen, shinde miru?
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

Well, I'm watching almost everything (I dropped just Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji after like first 3 minutes and Yami Shibai after 1st ep. I'm just no good with horror. I was at my limit with Another itself... Oh and Uchouten Kakozu. I just couldn't get past the 1st ep so I dropped it.), except for 2nd series (from these I watch only Monogatari, The World God only Knows and High School DxD New) + I continue watching Shingeki no Kyojin and still-just-dling Toaru no Railgun. Gonna make some review after it all ends.
But my favourites so far:
Watamote - oh god, this is awesome. We need more shows like that.
Love Lab - another awesome one.
Gin no Saji - oh god. I died from laugh.
Gatchaman Crowds - not so sure about the plot and main heroine (which is just weird, really) but I love the art style.
Danganronpa - okay, graphic is just bad. I hoped it would be in better style... But the plot is watchable (if I don't count those killind by Monobear, those are just silly)
Free! - not just fanservice but also pretty funny. But there are already better shows for comedy...
Service x Servant - nice slice of life, can be funny too but it's somehow lighter.
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu - I don't really like the 'be serious about the game' attitude but it's still pretty good.

The World God Only Knows - I can't wait for another ep. I just like this kind of shows (if you know something similar to this, just let me know!)
Monogatari - unique in its own way. I like how they show just a little of action and lots of face/eyes/whatever shots. It's more philological than most shows I watch.

Shingeki no Kyojin - at first I thought it would get overrated as SAO (in which I'm little right) but this is much better than SAO. Some characters have pretty nice development and I just hope they won't screw it.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Cindy, you're watching too less anime, watch more. :P
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

Oh, don't worry, I also watch Katekyō Hitman Reborn! and just going to finally watch some anime I have downloaded (Sankarea, IS, Shakugan no Shana 3rd serie and about 5 or 6 more...)
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Cindynka wrote:Oh, don't worry, I also watch Katekyō Hitman Reborn! and just going to finally watch some anime I have downloaded (Sankarea, IS, Shakugan no Shana 3rd serie and about 5 or 6 more...)
You did realize my last post had sarcastic undertones, right? Anyway, you sure watch a lot(LOT) of anime! :o
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

I did :D Well, I know but it's my summer break anyway so I have lots of time now (you know, almost no friends and my MMO server is now just so screwed that I can't play anymore Q.Q)... So yeah. And well, I watch about 15 or 16 anime airing now so it's not that bad if you watch the days it's aired... Monday - Friday is pretty free, there are just about 2 anime/day

Return to “Animes”