Do men cry? Do we? I don't. Definately not. Nope. Never have

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Don't leave me

Yuki!!!!
51%
Lum!!!!
2%
Misuzu!!!!
34%
Rei!!!!
12%

Total votes: 41

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Do men cry? Do we? I don't. Definately not. Nope. Never have

Post by Umiman »

This subsection is so dull as well. At this point in time, we might as well rename it the sub-Haruhi discussion.

Recently I watched AirTV. 6 hours later, I used up a box of tissue.

Seriously. Gau.

In fact, I was so afraid that my manliness would be destroyed further that I was too scared to watch the movie. I later went to play nightmare Doom 3 and Sexy Beach 3 to atone for my sin.

Has there been an anime that made you cry to which you'd like to confess to?
Last edited by Umiman on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Damn you board! Why dost thou deleteth mine other choices?! Sorry Tachikoma... Aeris... Kerrigan... :cry:
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Yuki is once again leading the polls. Yuki for world dictator! :D

And I cried when Aeris died...on the inside anyway, because my bro was watching. I got a bit teary at the end of the second episode of KGNE, then I was just pissed at the main character for the rest of the series. I still think he picked the wrong girl at the end, good thing they are remaking a Haruka's Route series.

Also, School Rumble made me cry with laughter. :P I was watching one episode and my room mate was asleep, it was so hard to hold back my laughter so I had to keep pausing the show to get a grip. :lol:

Edit: And to answer your question, men don't cry.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

All men cry, depends on how well they hold it in. If you like to wallow in self pity, chances are you will cry. If you see something extremily emotional, chances are you will cry. You just need to find out what level of these you need to cry.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

yup men don't cry, we just sometimes leak a few drops of water to lubricate the dry eyes.

dry eyes HURT.

:P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Have you ever tried putting Listerine in your eyes. That seriously hurts! Don't ever do it.

Mmm... I remember Ping Pong Club... that was some serious crying till I die laughter.
rilian
Astral Realm

Post by rilian »

Grave of the Fireflies, and the last episode of Samurai Champloo both had me in quite a few tears, I tend to get very enotionally involved in the characters. Books tend to make me even worse, I was sobbing at the end of "Chain of Dogs" by Steve Erikson.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Definately AIr Tv, but not the ending. I cried at the end of episode 11, during the mother-daughter scene. I've never felt such a powerful scene while watching anime sniff.

Ah, the power of AIR. I almost cried during Kanna's scene too, not during the series but during the OVA. Seeing a happy Kanna juggling Otadama made me think of how tragic her end was.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

HolyCow wrote:Definately AIr Tv, but not the ending. I cried at the end of episode 11, during the mother-daughter scene. I've never felt such a powerful scene while watching anime sniff.

Ah, the power of AIR. I almost cried during Kanna's scene too, not during the series but during the OVA. Seeing a happy Kanna juggling Otadama made me think of how tragic her end was.
We... we.... we understand each other! :cry:

xD
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Two of you, eh? Well, time for me to go watch it and laugh at the emotional parts to prove how manly and heartless I am. 8) :twisted:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I definitely cried because I was laughing too hard during Episode 00 of Melancholy. And the final episodes of Mahou Sensei Negima brought a tear to my eye. :cry:
Spoiler! :
They really wanted to nail home that she was dead. Dies in his arms just as she was about to confess her love. Then making you watch the funeral and cremation. And then him having a nervous breakdown after seeing the remains. :?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Ok I just finished Air... WTF! I don't know whether to cry, be confused, or be depressed. I'm going to go with confused for now because I'm so tired. The story kinda hurt my brain, I should have watched it with a bit more rest in me. :?

*EDIT* Ok I REALLY need a happy ending romance anime ASAP. I just noticed I've watched/read too many that were pretty depressing and it blows. Gantz, Deathnote, Ichigo 100% (picking the wrong girl, baka...), Elfen Lied, and now Air. Oy!
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Hm... Happy ending romance anime, eh? *thinks hard for a second*

Ever tried Shuffle!, Da Capo, Tsukuyomi, Kanon TV (not the remake), Chobits, or *insert random harem anime here*?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Haha this is a bit old. AMG Season 2 brought me back up. Already watched Chobits and in the process of watching Kanon remake.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

That's just one thing that makes AIR so great, that bittersweet ending. It leaves you sad that Yukito sacrifised himself and Misuzu still died at the end, but makes you happy knowing that Misuzu will soon be free of all the pain, and with her happy memories hopefully break the 1000-summer curse.

Darn my eyes are getting wet as I type this...
/me claws out throat and dies

Return to “Animes”