The Big List of Anime

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The Big List of Anime

Post by b0mb3r »

lol i always mix Eve no Jikan with that loli-ero manga with the teacher and three girls.

but yeah eve is definitely within the top ten ova on my list i have to see.

baka baka baka
Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by Rectifier »

Yeah I do to, I heard the premise was decent, but it might be a little hard to get into if you don't like Sci-Fi. I do like Sci-Fi, its just that I've been there and done that.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Rectifier wrote:Yeah I do to, I heard the premise was decent, but it might be a little hard to get into if you don't like Sci-Fi. I do like Sci-Fi, its just that I've been there and done that.
farscape, babylon 5, sliders, x-files, etc are usually the show comes in mind with science fiction and the network channel sci-fi.

baka baka baka
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

ben1234 wrote:Eve no Jikan
Genres: SciFi, Androids, Daily Life
Rating: Epic/10
Torrent

Directed by Yoshiura Yasuhiro, who also worked on Pale Cocoon

Summary: In the not too distant future androids have come into common usage. Taking the androids for granted, humans treat them as if they were common everyday tools, while on the other hand, some people empathize with androids due to their human-like appearance (save for a digital ring floating above their heads). This has become a social problem and these people are frowned upon as a result. Rikuo, one who has taken androids for granted for his entire life, one day discovers that Sammy, his home android, has been acting strangely and finds a strange phrase recorded in her activity log. He, along with his friend Masaki, traces Sammy's footsteps and come upon an unusual cafe. This cafe's main rule is to not discriminate between humans and androids.

Thoughts: Eve no Jikan is easily one of the best OVAs of the year, and possibly a shoe-in for best Sci-Fi of the year. Each episode, while short, delivers a compelling experience to the viewer and by the end, will leave you wanting for more. You'll find yourself attached to the people in the cafe, despite their real identities as human or robot.
120% agree. I think the middle was a bit weak, but it was one of the better shows I've seen in a while.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Need more Eve. I really wish that it would continue. :( I was so pulled into it.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

So, I've just finshed watching Polyphonica was enjoyable i'll give it 8/10
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Noproblem wrote:So, I've just finshed watching Polyphonica was enjoyable i'll give it 8/10
First or second season? I managed to nab the second, but getting the first is being annoying.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
Noproblem wrote:So, I've just finshed watching Polyphonica was enjoyable i'll give it 8/10
First or second season? I managed to nab the second, but getting the first is being annoying.
that would be the "first" season, got it through rightstuf.com, currently watching Polyphonica Crimson S or something like that which is the Prequel to Polyphonica.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

ben1234 wrote:http://www.bakabt.com/150149-shinkyoku- ... stiny.html

How is it so annoying to find?
don't ask me .)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Bakabt was down last time I looked for it, so of course I was lazy and didn't bother to check back when it came back up. :P
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Bakabt was down last time I looked for it, so of course I was lazy and didn't bother to check back when it came back up. :P
tsch! :)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Noproblem wrote:
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Bakabt was down last time I looked for it, so of course I was lazy and didn't bother to check back when it came back up. :P
tsch! :)
I've already got about 150GB worth of anime to go through and burn to DVD before I even bother dl'ing more. :roll:

If you watch the second season tell me how it is. Maybe I'll move it up in the list of things to watch.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

on the 2nd last episode i think of the 2nd season, seems pretty good, not everything they tell about the "past" in the 1st season is correct, if you watch the 2nd season afterwards, but it's pretty accruate, all in all, i did find the 2nd season enjoyable so far, worth watching i'd say.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Just watched the first episode of the first season. The quality grates on my brain. I guess I've spoiled myself recently with too much good anime. :? I mean really though, where music is a key plot device in this series, you think they would at least try to portray accurate singing/playing of said music. I'll wait a few weeks and give this series another go again.

Return to “Animes”