One series, twice the satisfaction

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

moustachelot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

One series, twice the satisfaction

Post by moustachelot »

I've been noticing lately that after reading LN, whenever I start the anime of it, despite knowing more or less what the characters are going to say, I still feel like I started a new series. I get the same feeling satisfaction watching the anime as reading the LN for the first time, probably because the anime usually looks different from how I imagined it and it gives a refreshing feel. Does anyone else ever get that feeling?
InsaneMind
Astral Realm

Re: One series, twice the satisfaction

Post by InsaneMind »

I love seeing the series first and then reading the light novels... typically because I have a visual representation of what the characters look like and act
moustachelot
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by moustachelot »

I usually see what they look like when I first see the image of the characters and look up what it's from so I already know what they look like. I tried watching Toradora first and then reading the LN but in the middle of the Christmas arc I lost the will to read it because I couldn't get a fresh image in my head because I imagined the scenes as I saw in the anime. To each their own I guess.
Shiratori
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shiratori »

Yes. And if you try waiting a long time (like an year or more) before reading/watching the series in another format, it will be thrice the satisfaction because there is a nostalgic feeling to it and you won't focus too much on the differences in the adaption.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.

Return to “Animes”