New Anime News/Info/Opinion

This forum is for Anime related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

New Anime News/Info/Opinion

Post by ben1234 »

I decided to do this out of boredom and I wanted to express my opinions/release info on the new seasons.

For obvious reasons I won't do hentai.

I'm doing it in a format similar to the Big List of Anime thread, but the rating's replaced with Interest, so it'll be like:

Name
Short summary
Thoughts
Interest

Feel free to post your own opinions in any type of format. I'm also accepting anime announcements that I haven't posted yet.

Winter 2007:
Spoiler! :
Series

Saint October

Summary: Some lolis fight random bad guys.

Thoughts: My kiddy show senses are tingling!

Interest: None

Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora

Summary: The main character meets a 'prince' and fights alongside him for some reason.

Thoughts:Kanazuki no Miko 2, but without the giant mechs, yuri rape and KOTOKO.

Interest: Low

Angelique (2007)

Summary: 2 girls are chosen to save the universe while being in a reverse harem.

Thoughts: The only reverse harem I liked was Ouran.

Deltora Quest

Summary: A swordsman and ninja are on a journey to save their world.

Thoughts: I smell a low quality shounen.

Himawari!!

Summary: A guy has to teach a class of kunoichis (female ninjas) to pay off his debts.

Thoughts: All kunoichis fail in comparison to Shinobu (Shinobuden) and Suzume (Sengoku Rance)

Les Misérables Shoujo Cosette

Summary: An anime adaption of Victor Hugo’s famous Les Misérables.

Thoughts: I have no idea what the story is about, but the loli is tempting.

Shuffle! Memories

Summary: The first 5 episodes are recaps and the rest is a new original story.

Thoughts: Here's hoping for a Kaede or Sia ending.

Interest: High

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Summary: The story takes place in 2035, about 30 years from now. Because the number of children has decreased, many schools are in peril of closing. A student transfers to just such a lifeless school, Saio Private High School. What kind of wind will this active student, Amamiya Manami, bring to the school?

Thoughts: The cast is made of well known seiyuus including Horie Yui (Youko from Inukami), Nonoka Ai (Konoka from Negima), and Hirano Aya (Haruhi from SHnY), so it's already a reason to watch it. The other is that ufotable is doing the production, so I'm looking forward to this.

Interest: In a scale over 10: 999999999999999999/10

Master of Epic: The Animation Age

Summary: Based on a game with the same name. Some girls save the world or something, RPG style. It's being made by GONZO.

Thoughts: What's next GONZO? An anime based on soy sauce? :roll:

Interst: None

Nodame Cantabile

Summary: An anime based on a shoujo manga with the same name.

Thoughts: I heard the manga was good so I might try this, providing the reviews are good.

Interest: Medium

Hidamari Sketch

Summary: A girl named Yuno enters the art department of a private high school and makes some friends.

Thoughts: It's being produced by SHAFT, so it's already enough of a reason to watch it.

Venus Versus Virus

Summary: Two girls who fight demons called Viruses. One of the girls runs an antique shop called Venus Vanguard, hence the name.

Thoughts: I like the manga and I hope the anime will be just as good.

Getsumen To Heiki Mina

Summary: Mina is a high school sports announcer who accidentally gets involved with space aliens. Somewhere along the line, she gets powers and transformed into a bunny girl who has carrot weapons.

Mina's history:
Random Curiosity wrote:If nothing else, Mina has a pretty colorful history. Way back in the early 80s, Gainax (then Daicon Film) created a short called Daicon IV which featured a bunny girl doing battle. This became somewhat of a legendary film and was paid homage to some 20-odd years later in the opening sequence of the super-popular Densha Otoko drama, created by GONZO. The bunny girl that GONZO used was named Mina and was featured quite prominently throughout the Densha Otoko series. The character of and the merchandise around Mina became so popular and the demand was so high that GONZO decided to create an actual anime about her.
Thoughts: I never watched Densha Otoko, but I will, once I find a working magical hobo. And I'm still waiting for that soy sauce anime GONZO. :roll:

GR -GIANT ROBO-

Summary: A 13 episode series to celebrate Giant Robo's 40th birthday.

Thoughts: Real men don't need giant robots to fight.

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho Tou

Summary: A group of teenagers with super powers fight demons.

Thoughts: I smell a decent shounen.

Interst: Medium

Juusou Kikou Dancouga Nova

Summary: A huge robot called the Dancouga Nova in the 22nd century that sides with the weak in times of war.

Thoughts: Real men don't need giant robots to fight.

Rocket Girls

Summary: A high school girl is training to become an astronaut.

Thoughts: I'm already yawning.

Narutard Shippuuden

Summary: The story revolves mainly around Naruto Uzumaki`s and Sakura Haruno`s new adventures and their search for Sasuke Uchiha after he left Konoha-gakure (Konoha Village) to gain Orochimaru`s power. The plot also shows a more active Akatsuki in their quest for obtaining all the tailed beasts.

Thoughts: Notice how I spelled it Narutard instead of Naruto.

Interest: In a scale out of 10: -999999999/10

Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny

Summary: 7 schools are 'at war' with each other and one girl is destined to unite them.

Thoughts: It's pretty stupid, they hit them to the point where their clothes fall off but never go any further.

Interest: Medium

Major 3rd Season

Summary: A baseball anime with barely any info.

Thoughts: How can a baseball anime last over 52 episodes, I'll never know.

OVAs & Movies

Strike Witches

Summary: Some lolis with magic powers are training to fight some aliens or something.

Thoughts: Damn it GONZO, announce that soy sauce anime already.

To Heart 2 OVA

Summary: An OVA of the game that will probably go through Kusugawa Sasara's route. Kusugawa Sasara was the bonus character from To Heart 2: XRATED.

Thoughts: Took them long enough to make an OVA based on the game that outsold the 360.

Ichigo Mashimaro

Summary: It's announced but no real info has been found (too lazy to look).

Thoughts: God kills a loli for every person that didn't like the series (he'll
spared them if you never watched the series).

Shows for fall 07:
Spoiler! :
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Rebuild of Evangelion
Summary: I never did understood the original.

Thoughts: A remake of the original series, though I never liked Eva.

Kiddy Grade: Truth Dawn
Summary: Don't feel like spoiling anything so watch the first season.

Thoughts: Admit it, you'll be watching this for Hirano Aya.

Moonlight Mile: 2nd Season - Touch down
Summary: Some guys want to go to the moon after climbing all the mountains in the world.

Thoughts: I heard the first season was anything but exciting. :roll:

Gekijouban Clannad
Summary from ANN: Tomoya Okazaki is a third year student labelled as a delinquent. Everything seems to be unchanging for his school life until he meets Nagisa, and Tomoya finds that his life is about to change. He starts to have dreams of a bleak world and meets a girl who has the ability to fuse junk together in order to create things, and doing so, creates a body out of junk for him. He is then reborn into this empty world and follows around the girl, the only two existences who are "alive."

Thoughts: The Clannad movie, if you haven't heard of this get out from under your rock.

Aria The OVA: Arietta
Summary: Same boring crap as the first 2 seasons.

Thoughts: At least the third season is an OVA this time.

Gekijouban Aquarion
Summary: Guy finds out he's the reincarnation of this angel and he fights the evil bad guy with his love interest and friends.

Thoughts: I never did get why people liked Aquarion so much.

Stranger Mukoh Hadan
Summary: A guy is supposed to kill this kid but they go on a journey to "uncover mysteries and lost memories" instead.

Thoughts: A movie by Bones, so it should be worth watching.

Moyashimon
Summary: None, but don't let your guard down.

Thoughts: The English name is "Tales of Agriculture" and the official website has a picture of... something...

Minami-ke
Summary: Based on a manga about 3 sisters and their everyday life told in an "extraordinary manner."

Thoughts: This looks... interesting.

Mokke
Summary: A heartwarming story about two sisters that can see spirits and stuff.

Thoughts: These types of shows are usually boring, but heartwarming. :D

Shakugan no Shana Second
Summary: Go watch the first season.

Thoughts: One of the highly anticipated show of the season and for good reason.

ef - a tale of memories
Summary: The story revolves around the protagonist Hirono Hiro, a poor high school boy who draws shoujo manga for his living. One cold Christmas night after meeting a very strange woman in a church, who tells him that he`s going to meet someone he has to meet, his bike gets stolen by another strange girl. He runs after her and finds her collapsed on the street. Her name is Miyamura Miyako and her bag got stolen by a man on a motorbike. Soon after, they start hanging out together, enjoying highschool life. Miyako falls for Hiro pretty quickly but naturally finds a rival in his childhood friend, Shindou Kei, who has been dictating Hiro`s life since ever.

Thoughts: Its based on a game by Minori, the makers of Wind and its being produced by Shaft so its worth giving a shot

Kodomo no Jikan
Summary: Thread

Thoughts: Probably half of the channel will fap to this.

Prism Ark
Summary: A country's king, queen, and princess go missing after an ambush by the Sablum Empire, triggering the start of this huge war. Years later, the king, queen, and princess are still missing and the main guy is 2 weeks late to his knight school.

Thoughts: I heard the game was great. If only I knew Japanese. :cry: Sorry for the crappy summary but I didn't want to copy and paste that huge wall of text they had over at Animesuki.

Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku
Summary: In 1995, all 800 habitants of the isolated Kamikakushi Island vanished in one night, all but a single girl who lost her memory. The cause of the disappearances was never identified. Four years later, that girl, Mari, transfers to a girl's dormitory school, Kaihou Gakuen, leaving behind her grandmother who had been her guardian ever since the incident. There, she meets Hagino.

Thoughts: Um... it looks awesome?

Sketchbook: Full Color`s
Summary: Based on a 4-koma so expect something like Azumanga and Lucky Star

Thoughts: I'll be expecting this to make me laugh. :D

Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
Summary: Can't find any, not like I'm expecting much out of it anyway.

ANN says its a mystery show, and it does look crappy. But it is a Studio Deen show... :?

Night Wizard
Summary: Can't find any but I assume its something along the lines of: High school kid with mysterious magical powers fight bad guys along with his friends/love interest.

Dragonaut: The Resonance
Summary: None but it looks like a Sci-fi set in space. Produced by Gonzo so don't expect much.

Thoughts: How to tell if Gonzo has a small or big budget on something: If its good, big budge. If bad, small budget.

Clannad
Summary: Go read the summary for the movie.

Thoughts: Easily the most anticipated show this season.

Taiho Shichauzo
Summary: Cops that do what cops do.

Thoughts: Looks boring, very boring.

Shugo Chara
Summary: Everybody at Seiyo Elementary thinks that stylish and super cool Hinamori Amu has it all: But nobody knows the real Amu, a shy girl who wishes she had the courage to truly be herself. Changing Amu’s life is going to take more than wishes and dreams–it’s going to take a little magic! One morning, Amu finds a surprise in her bed: three strange little eggs. Each egg contains a Guardian Character, an angel-like being who can give her the power to be someone new. With the help of her Guardian Characters, Amu is about to discover that her true self is even more amazing than she ever dreamed.

Thoughts: Peach Pit's shoujo show for the season.

Kidou Senshi Gundam 00
Summary: It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (formerly United States of America), the Human Reform League (Russia, China and India) and the Advanced European Union. However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious non-profit military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam. This begins the stories of Gundam Meisters (pilots) Setsuna F. Seiei, Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tiera Erde as they are thrown into conflict between the 3 superpowers and the other various factions.

Thoughts: The main pilots all look like girls and yes, there is a good chance that even Setsuna and Tiera are guys. :shock:

KimiKiss Pure Rouge
Summary: Go watch a couple of anime based on H-games and you'll get the overall plot.

Thoughts: Based on a H-game so expect a harem. Done by J.C. Staff.

Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales
Summary: Guy with a lot of power gets a shiny new sword. He loses the sword in his first fight and now he has to get it back.

Thoughts: This season's Shounen show.

Genshiken
Summary: Otakus and one of their girlfriend in a club for otakus. =D

Thoughts: /me cheers like the little fanboy he is

D.C. II: Da Capo II
Summary: Taking place 53 years after the original game, the only characters that return are Junichi and Sakura (she's still the same loli she was 53 years ago) and Nemu doesn't reappear but is mentioned.

Thoughts: I'm a Da Capo fanboy. :D

Ghost Hound
Can't find a summary.

Thoughts: Based on the original concept of Ghost in the Shell creator, Masamune Shirow. The script is done by the guy who did the script for Astro Boy 2003 and Hellsing.

Appleseed Saga Ex Machina
Summary: It`s 2131 A.D.. Deunan Knute had been a soldier in the battlefields for most of her life. When the World War ends, she`s transported to the city of Olympus to live peacefully and finds out that, in an effort to protect the human race from future wars, humans have created the Bioriods, a geneticaly enhanced race of people that have restrained feelings and therefore cannot hurt each other. She discovers, however, that not everyone is happy with this Human-Bioriod symbiosis: many humans treat Bioriods as a lower species and a threat to their future, the human-controlled Military is seeking annihilation of all Bioriods and the Bioriod-controlled government is afraid of a coup d` etat. The task falls on Deunan to bring peace to the world again. In this she`s aided by her former lover, Briareos, who has lost his body in war and has become a cyborg: a brain in an artificial body.

Thoughts: A movie sequel of the first movie. Expect guns, robots, and explosions.

Nasu: Suitcase no Wataridori
Summary: This guy called Pepe goes on a tour with his bike. His first stop: his hometown.

Thoughts: This season is filled with sequels. :roll:

Clamp In Wonderland 2
Summary: A short animation featuring clips from Angelic Layer, Card Captor Sakura, X, Tsubasa Chronicle, Kobato, Gohou Drug, Clover, and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Thoughts: The only Clamp show I've ever liked was Chobits.

Soukou Kihei Votoms: Pailsen Files
Summary: Taking place Armored Trooper Votoms. This is an all new story about the end of the 100 year war.

Thoughts: Basically a sequel of a show from the 80s.

Maplestory
Summary: None but I can easily predict the plot: Main guy (warrior) goes on a journey with his love interest/childhood friend (mage) and their friends (archer and thief) to go to someplace far (Ludi, El Narth, Zipangu, etc.) while getting job upgrades to kill a boss (Balrog, Alishar, Crimson, etc.).

Thoughts: It seems this is gonna take over Gurren's time slot when it ends. But that's all the info I have.
Last edited by ben1234 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Announced animes without an announced date:

Series

Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders Hen
Gothicmade - Hana no Shime
Kamichama Karin
Saint Beast - Kouin Jojishi Tenshi Tan
Potemayo
Ookiku Furikabutte
Princess Resurrection
Cencoroll

OVAs & Movies

Kiss Dum: Engage Planet
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Rebuild of Evangelion
Yume da Maya Kidan
Clannad
Sousei no Aquarion: Uragiri no Tsubasa
Armored Core: Fort Tower Song
Hokuto no Ken - Urea Densetsu
Sachiko
Last edited by ben1234 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

A Devil May Cry anime. My friend will be excited to hear about that. And that Romeo x Juliet...you mean Shakespeare's work made into anime? :shock:
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Romeo x Juliet is GONZO's version of the play, which means I'll have to wait longer for a soy sauce anime. :(

Romeo is the son of the oppressive Montague dictator and Juliet is the daughter of the Capulet family who rebels against them. The setting takes place in a flying city called Neo Verona. There was also a flying horse inside the trailer. It's been announced for the spring season but no official date has been announced.

Trailer link
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

ZOMG! ARMORED CORE OVA

ZOMG DEVIL MAY CRY ANIME

ZOMG *another* EVA OVA!
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

It's actually an Eva movie. I'm just too lazy to seperate the OVAs from the movies.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

The trailer for Devil May Cry said Spring 2007, and from what I've heard Higurashi 2nd Season will be out in Spring too.
/me claws out throat and dies
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Look, I'm too lazy to make a Spring 2007 list right now, even though most of the anime on that list are listed for Spring.

EDIT: I added To Heart 2 OVA & Ichigo Mashimaro OVA in the Winter 2007 list (I thought they were Spring shows).
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Amamiya Manabi
Her name is Amamiya Manami if I'm not mistaken. She only calls herself Manabi for some reason.

And Naruto isn't that bad. At least they're returning to the manga now, after 80+ episodes of filler. How they managed to keep a show like that on air after that many fillers I do not know. I probably won't be watching the new Naruto, since I've spoiled myself by reading the manga, but to those out there who haven't, it's a good place to start off if you skipped all the darned fillers.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something besides the rest of the winter and spring seasons.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Woah, this little thing was hidden in page 2.

Too lazy to do the summer season so just read this instead

What I'll be watching/paying attention to:
  • Nanatsuiro Drops
  • Doujin Work
  • School Days
  • Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
  • ZOMBIE-LOAN
  • CODE-E
  • Mushi-Uta (why does this remind me of EXTRAVAGANZA so much?)
  • Sky Girls
  • Potemayo
  • Higurashi
  • ZnT
  • Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
  • Moetan
  • Baccano!
  • Dokuro-chan
Wait that's like, 50% of the list there...
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Hmm . . . I'll probably watch/test

Doujin Work
Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
School Days
ZOMBIE-LOAN
CODE-E
Mushi-Uta
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~
Moetan
Baccano!

I have bucket loads of free time anyways . . .[/list]
Last edited by Jumpyshoes on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I'll be watching:

Higurashi Kai
Zero no Tsukaima 2
Shakugan no Shana 2
Dokuro-chan 2
School Days
Devil May Cry
Moetan
Shigurui
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Higurashi, ZnT and Shana. I think that covers all the basic anime food groups. :lol:
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Sure, if the only food group you need is loli.

Return to “Animes”