World in Conflict

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

World in Conflict

Post by Florin »

New RTS about WW III.
I think I'll buy it soon, maybe even licensed since reviews say multiplayer is great. Anyone tried already?
Looks like there's no playing as evil Russians in single-player. Being evil Russian myself, I disapprove.
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

My guild was trying out the demo for a while, I believe they all enjoyed it. I never bothered with it though.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I suggest avoiding it unless you possess a rig of ultimate power.

It's damn friggin' fun and damn friggin' stressful as it's a RTS that plays like a FPS. Right down to the way you can just join games that are in progress.

Also, the campaign is very well done, special powers are beautiful to look at, and the graphics are more beautiful than 200 naked women playing Counterstrike.

The only problem is the steep graphics requirements. Heck, my mid end PC can only handle this on the lowest setting..
Florin

Post by Florin »

Just got my hands on it, seems to run ok on medium detail level (I have GeForce 7900 GS). Game pacing takes time to get used too - I failed most of the secondary objectives so far.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Hehe, me and my friend started playing this game at the same time so we jumped straight into multiplayer with no idea how to play.

Was pretty fun.

I have a 7600 and I customised the settings after half an hour of constant benchmarking so that it's better than "low" but not as good as "medium".

Still looks quite pretty though. But compared to the 1 hour of playing on "high", this is nothing. I swear, when we were playing the game and accidentally arranged the camera so that we could see an airstrike fly in from the sunset over the ocean... we were just... bedazzled.

I also like how there's action everywhere, and even the background is active with explosions and parachutes and airplanes and whatnot.

It's a really good game but one that seriously needs multiplayer before it becomes fun. Just like CS. The AI is a bunch of douches.

p.s: *umiman has completed the game with every single objective met with no problems. Nyarharharharhar*
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Florin wrote:Just got my hands on it, seems to run ok on medium detail level (I have GeForce 7900 GS). Game pacing takes time to get used too - I failed most of the secondary objectives so far.
I have a 7900 GS as well, but what is the rest of your rig?
Florin

Post by Florin »

Dan wrote:
Florin wrote:Just got my hands on it, seems to run ok on medium detail level (I have GeForce 7900 GS). Game pacing takes time to get used too - I failed most of the secondary objectives so far.
I have a 7900 GS as well, but what is the rest of your rig?
Athlon 4200+, 2 gig RAM
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

anyone tried this on a laptop yet?

been bored lately.

need a game to play, but all i got is my work laptop..... got a gig of ram, buts its only solo core 1.6ghz

think it can still play this game on mini-mini settings?
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

yar.

Lowest settings though, unfortunately.

Return to “Games & Computing”