Suzumiya Haruhi PS2 game released! Don't look up her skirt!

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Suzumiya Haruhi PS2 game released! Don't look up her skirt!

Post by shichinanatsu »

why do i not have a PS2??? and moreover, why must i go to great lengths to buy Haruhi's game straight from Japan because the anime/manga merchandise guys here at my Haruhi-forsaken country don't even know what the SOS-Dan is... this shows Haruhi isn't fair..

and not just with the PS2 game, but with the PSP game, the raw light novel, the manga and official DVD.. what i wouldn't give to have all the SHnY merchandise straight from Nihon right at my fingertips..

oh.. and yuki is a (not effective.. in the least) deterrent to sukebei (not sure about romanization)/DOM wanting to look up Haruhi-sama's skirt.. those guys should go to Dante's 8th level of hell.. wait, i'm one of those guys too, my bad.. :mrgreen:
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

shichinanatsu wrote:why do i not have a PS2??? and moreover, why must i go to great lengths to buy Haruhi's game straight from Japan because the anime/manga merchandise guys here at my Haruhi-forsaken country don't even know what the SOS-Dan is... this shows Haruhi isn't fair..

and not just with the PS2 game, but with the PSP game, the raw light novel, the manga and official DVD.. what i wouldn't give to have all the SHnY merchandise straight from Nihon right at my fingertips..

oh.. and yuki is a (not effective.. in the least) deterrent to sukebei (not sure about romanization)/DOM wanting to look up Haruhi-sama's skirt.. those guys should go to Dante's 8th level of hell.. wait, i'm one of those guys too, my bad.. :mrgreen:
Don't worry. The lustful are just in the second circle of hell.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

Bah, Haruhi is amazingly popular right now. Haruhiism will grow alot if the Second Season and Volume 10 is a success. If thre are smart companies out there they should make a deal with kadokawa lantis and Namco... and get the game licensed in english.

I am sure there are more Haruhi games to come. One day...one day....gotta catch'em all!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

You know, companies and smart often should not go in the same sentence together. Plus, "if" is almost always a big word.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

TUNAFISHISGOOD wrote:Bah, Haruhi is amazingly popular right now. Haruhiism will grow alot if the Second Season and Volume 10 is a success. If thre are smart companies out there they should make a deal with kadokawa lantis and Namco... and get the game licensed in english.

I am sure there are more Haruhi games to come. One day...one day....gotta catch'em all!
isn't that like how dragon ball used to be not so long ago? i don't know, but the nihon guys responsible for withholding.. 'ehem', distributing Haruhi franchise don't even seem to think of globalization.. i mean yeah, a couple of licensing the anime to other countries, some more licensing for merchandise (stuff and games) and such, but that's about it.. there's still some Haruhi-forsaken countries who haven't even heard of SHnY (mine included), aside from the otaku citizens who are up-to-date concerning such occurrences.

tanigawa nagaru-san could so easily be a millionaire (in euro, not yen..) and outsell J.K. Rowling's HP by a hefty margin if he wanted to globalize SHnY as much as haruhi-sama wants to globalize the SOS-Dan..

haruhi can be so cruel..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

TUNAFISHISGOOD wrote:Bah, Haruhi is amazingly popular right now. Haruhiism will grow alot if the Second Season and Volume 10 is a success. If thre are smart companies out there they should make a deal with kadokawa lantis and Namco... and get the game licensed in english.

Haruhi isn't as popular as you might think.

I had the pain of finding out only 1 person in my school's anime club heard about Haruhi but never watched it.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

ben1234 wrote:

Haruhi isn't as popular as you might think.

I had the pain of finding out only 1 person in my school's anime club heard about Haruhi but never watched it.
Dragonball... Naruto... Bleach... Beserk...

All those dwarf Haruhi in terms of sheer popularity. It's why you you try to youtube the fight between Gohan and Cell, you get 10 000 000 000 AMVs and maybe one actual fight (but in French).
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Umiman wrote:
ben1234 wrote: Haruhi isn't as popular as you might think.

Dragonball... Naruto... Bleach... Beserk...

All those dwarf Haruhi in terms of sheer popularity. It's why you you try to youtube the fight between Gohan and Cell, you get 10 000 000 000 AMVs and maybe one actual fight (but in French).
yeah, you got a point.. but wouldn't you at least think that Haruhi could dwarf all those anime by a hefty margin? i mean, it might just be me saying this, but i'm just tired of seeing fight anime with a boy-man as title character/lead, mixed with bildungsroman themes.. and besides, Haruhi's not just all fun and games, it took me awhile to see through all the characters; i even had to admit idiocy for reading the light novels as they were released, i didn't notice there was a timeline on BT :|
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Haruhi would be able to, except the fact that Narutards and Bleachtards would rather stay in their own little world than try something less repetitive.
TUNAFISHISGOOD
Astral Realm

Post by TUNAFISHISGOOD »

unlike my friends...
I got tired of watching animes
-that use invisible Sterioids everyday and come back from the dead 100 times...they story doesnt even have anything to do with it's title anymore. (No concept what so ever, just whole episode full of steroids and fistful violence)
-Become a ultimate ninja? bah the story drags on and on... (no concept really, just keep going on and fighting)
-I just hate the stories that defys the physics too much, little sci-fi is okay..

But there are some good actions as well, I liked
-Rurouni Kenshin (ah the classic, yet so awsome...concept would be redemption)
-Black Cat (It's just me who likes it, for personal reasons...another redemption)
-Gundam Seed and all the other giant robots..(I mean who doesn't like giant robots? lol but speaking seriously, concept is dangers of war?)

Haruhi is much more different in my perspective...
Haruhi can be translated into many different concepts, makes the audiance really think and dream. It's healthy for your dreams.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Isn't it easier to be mindless and watch mindless things? :?
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Not usually. I like to relate to the characters and it makes the story that much more interesting. Sure sometimes your shonen ass-kicking tournament ridden anime is a fun watch, but I really enjoy stories that do make you think a bit.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

fiendmaw wrote:Isn't it easier to be mindless and watch mindless things? :?
That's why I have around 80 hours+ invested in Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaiichi 3 on my Wii. XD

Yay mindless fighting and giant lasers!
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

here are some clips from the PS2 game.

intro dance:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s3DRtcj7G8k

Game clips, YUKI:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rdEkhD65w4g

good stuff
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Games & Computing”