Best Free Blog-Hosting Sites?

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Best Free Blog-Hosting Sites?

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I have decided to create a blog.
No reason; I just feel like having one, in case I ever have something I feel like posting somewhere other than here.

As several of us here at B-T have blogs, I figured it would be a decent place to ask:

What is the best free blog-hosting site?

I know there are a great many of them out there--Livejournal, Wordpress, etc, etc, etc--but I'm wondering if there is any widely considered best. Mostly, I just want a decent amount of space and customization options without too many irritating ads for readers. The ability to use my own domain name would be nice too, though not a necessity.

So, any ideas?
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Re: Best Free Blog-Hosting Sites?

Post by Krikit »

As much as I think google has too much going for it, I think they really have one of the best. From gadgets and addons, like polls, page counters, news feeds, you name it, they have it, IF you want it. The organization is great, you can tag your blog posts and organize them into categories, all around, it's a really good blog. Post images, video, stream flash video by putting in the code from a youtube vid, etc etc.

I hate to say it...really, because it's GOOGLE. They've got their hands in too much. But even so...they do friggin good.

Anyway...that's what I think. Also, it has the ability to work with your own registered domain name.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Re: Best Free Blog-Hosting Sites?

Post by ben1234 »

Return to “Games & Computing”