Saya no Uta

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Saya no Uta

Post by Nerevarine »

The patch can be found here:
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.ph ... aya_no_Uta

description taken from vndb.org:
Fuminori Sakisaka has a traffic accident which kills his parents and leaves him heavily injured. When he has a brain surgery to save his life, his perception of the world changes: everything he sees becomes blood and guts, people's looks and voices seem like monsters, and food that normally appeals to him tastes disgusting.

As he contemplates suicide in the hospital, Fuminori meets a beautiful girl among the flesh-covered walls. She introduces herself as Saya, and is apparently looking for her father. Fuminori does not want to be separated from Saya, and asks her to live with him. She agrees.

This game is definitely NOT for the faint of heart.
going through a variety of gore, this game also contains rape and concepts like cannibalism.

But other than that, this game is really really good. I found myself captured, playing the game for hours straight. I even found myself debating whether or not i should call in sick for work so that i could finish it early. With the main female character going through her bits as a psycho loli, the story goes through the mental breakdown of characters with almost everyone being or going crazy. The story is deep and very very dark, but through it all, this game is a love story between, Fuminori, who looses his humanity, and Saya, who gains hers.

Definitely recommend this if your into this kind of thing.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Saya no Uta

Post by Dan »

Having read a little about it, I can't see why the main guy just didn't say the operation f-ed him up so that no one else would have the same fate. What a moron. And this is just a guess, but is that one girl really some kind of monsterous freak? I'll bet so.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

well actually....this being a branching game...one of the choices ends up having him tell everyone just what is happening...

...and he ends up in an insane asylum...

and by "same fate".... well if he didnt have the operation...he woulda been dead

and to your second question....well lets just say the answer is the more obvious one
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

well after a sucky halloween i finally decided to play this. my review?

Good:
Great CG
Nice Sound = Good Voice Acting and Errie Music
Character Design = Good
I love the character's personalities.
The way the narrative is written is compelling.
Basically how it was presented was well done

Bad: This is my opinion and i played it in a bad mood
I didn't like it. I wasn't sicken by the graphic nor the theme but i felt the plot was missing something. it may be a sick twist of a love story but i still find it unsatisfying. it could be that or i am just frustrated not knowing what Saya truly is. i mean they leave it a bit how mysterious what she is but i guess i wouldn't be able to handle the truth. like kouji said, truth is like pure oxygen, it is poison.

the best thing about this game is that i constantly question myself whether i can still love my friends and family in the similar state the MC has. i would rather blind-fold myself. it was only the sight that further infect his other four senses.

baka baka baka
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

wait...did you play through the other ending as well? it was pretty conclusive as to what saya really is

there are more than one, pick all of the choices
Spoiler! :
when you are given the choice to get help from the doctor, choose to go alone
this gets you to the (happy?) ending route which should tell you what saya really is

*major spoilers*
Spoiler! :
she ends up being some multi-dimensional creature whose sole reason for being is to take the genes of the most advanced species and reproduce with it. then it goes on in telling how the feeling of love goes against nature and stuff like that.
ending pic
Spoiler! :
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Nerevarine wrote:
Spoiler! :
she ends up being some multi-dimensional creature whose sole reason for being is to take the genes of the most advanced species and reproduce with it. then it goes on in telling how the feeling of love goes against nature and stuff like that.
Spoiler! :
i did all 3 endings. still didn't feel satisfied know all that. i want to know what dimension she comes from, how was she created (blank state), when yoh was raped by saki did she see him human or the grotesque thing, when yoh cling on kouji did she him human/not, wtf was the symbol on the boiler rooms that the doc has to paint and why, etc. maybe i am being nitpicky right now.

baka baka baka
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Spoiler! :
So the happy ending is you hook up with a multidimensional slut?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Dan wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
don't you get it? there is no happy ending

baka baka baka
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

Dan wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
well, the happy ending is saya gives birth to thousands of little spore thingies (as shown in the picture).

im not exactly sure, but i think she ends up dying when she gives birth

humanity goes exinct

and everything and everyone turns into the multidimentional creature babies

the good knews i guess, is that now that the entire world is disfigured...i guess it would look "normal" to the main character (forgot his name)

Return to “Games & Computing”