Headphones

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Hikaru
Astral Realm

Re: Headphones

Post by Hikaru »

Headphones are another hobby: an absolute must when coupled with general otaku behavior. Going out without headphones leaves me feeling vulnerable and paranoid.

Anyway, I have a pair of Shure in ear and, just recently WeSC Bango that I use frequently. I also have two older pairs of low end Sennheiser that haven't broken on me and a high end wireless Sennheiser that's "family property".

I don't really like trying out different brands, but what's people's take on Sony, Panasonic and etc headphones? I have been lead to believe Logitec's and Sony's are more geared towards gaming, whereas Panasonic doesn't take on the sound range required for the wide range of genre's I listen to. Also they seem to be lacking in quality in that they can't take the stress from playing constantly/on high output; remember kids, don't listen to your music on full blast, especially when it goes from classic piano to heavy metal.

The Shure ones I got last year are my favourite so far, except they hurt the insides of your ears if you a) don't clean your ears properly and b) leave them in for longer than is healthy.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Sony, Panasonic, and all of the stuff one can find at major retail outlet store like Best Buy for those in the United States are decent for the casual listener. However, those who are picky about sound quality generally will name brands such as Sennheiser, AKG, Denon, etc. to name a few. It really comes down to what one wants and how much they are willing to spend.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

simple. noise canceler ear buds that doesn't make my jaws crack nor swells my ears

baka baka baka
jamesdenish
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by jamesdenish »

The first is the use at home. They are great full face helmet earphones with a power low enough for them impressive. If I want to get my blood pumping and all that piece, I just pop them on. Recently, however, I just use my sound system to play music, its not so great because the sound is not centered, but I can at least around the house like that.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I do not mean to be rude, but I am quite lost at what exactly you are referring to by "The first the is the use at home." :?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

any recommendation for usage in skype?

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I assume that you are just going to use skype for conversation? If so, a cheap pair will be just fine for the most part.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Headphones are great, but I don't know about you but I would look pretty tacky in them. :?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Poke2201 wrote:Headphones are great, but I don't know about you but I would look pretty tacky in them. :?
enough to be mugged if u wore one?

baka baka baka
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Nah, enough to make me look like a DJ. I'm not a DJ.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, sometimes outward appearances need to be sacrificed for awesomeness. :)
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Im not a DJ!!!!!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Neither am I, but I own a pair of these.

Note: Hot anime chicks are not included and are not sold separately.

Here is a more serious image of my headphones.

Fact: As much as guys think or want to think that high-end audio equipment makes them look appealing to the opposite gender, guys are probably just as likely or more likely to pick up girls by never leaving their mother's basement. In the meantime, it sure does not hurt sales on the male side of the demographic, does it not? :P

Seriously though, high-end audio equipment dealers generally need to be able to pitch to middle-aged, married women who think that high-end audio equipment is bulky, clunky, ugly, and just overpriced for what they could get to have the kitchen redone. I am not being sarcastic here.

Also, if you liked the anime girl with the headphones, here is the link to the rest of the images there.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Im not a fan of headphones because

A.) It gives me one of those gamer looks.(I am a gamer, but I have a life, so I don't need the constant questions)
B.) Earbuds suit my needs just fine.
C.) Headphones are good when you need a good listening environment in a noisy area. Otherwise, ear buds are great.

All opinions, do not take as fact or I shall bring divine retribution unto your souls.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

These arrived from Hong Kong while I was still in Hong Kong (stupid of me to not tell them to deliver to my grandma's place).

The PL50s were recommended to me by the people at Head-fi and mp4nation happened to have a sale/combo involving the PL50 and E5, which really helped make everything sound better
Spoiler! :

Return to “Games & Computing”