TSUKIHIME ROCKS!

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Symphonia wrote:Has anyone watched the anime of Tsukihime and know if it's any good? I've heard mixed opinions, and the quality of the game doesn't always reflect on the anime adaption.
i liked the Anime, then again i tend to like those dark/anti-hero animes.

Good thing is that i've seen ithe box set in HMV in town, so i bet you can get it where ever you live down there in murky south yorkshire (i.e. HULL )

dunno what extras they have on it though, i only got the fansub versions :p
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Maybe I'll look out for it then. Hull is too far away from me though. :P I'll have to try Meadowhall or Sheffield next time I'm shopping because my little town doesn't even have a HMV. Or a bookshop. Or a Starbucks. 8)
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

Starbucks?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Dear god you DON'T KNOW WHAT'S STARBUCKS! It's the greatest coffee shop! I love starbucks coffee! Course, the stuff I make at home is usually better provided I get the right beans. Oh did you know china is thinking of closing the starbucks in the imperial palace?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

@Symphonia: Starbucks sells anime?
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

I hope not. =p

I was pointing out that my town doesn't have what most large towns and cities do around here. The day we see anime in Starbucks is the day we know anime is taking over the world.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I doubt that'll happen. The chique "in-thing" to do right now is to play games.

MTV is doing it...

That dog guy is doing it (stupid idiot, hehehe)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164454.html

Anime is still considered childish ^^
alyeris
Project Translator

Post by alyeris »

Oh and did you guys happen to spot the fact that while you are installing the patch there is a NON-ERO INSTALL option for minors like me? If you did and you are still playing it in original...

:? *twitching face muscles* :shock:

OMG there are hentais on this forum! (lolzzzzzz)
Just a newbie trying to contribute to society
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

huh...?

Err... what?

Right...

I got this new one called Castle Fantasia 2 and I must say, this is another excellent game. It's not really a visual novel per se, as there are many fighting scenes done a la FF: Tactics. The art is well done, not outstanding in any way though... with some obvious visual flaws in certain points, and the plot is okay, not really spectacular or groundbreaking either. The gaming is all right too, not too unbalanced or cheap, and is rather fun.

HOWEVER, the voice acting in this game... is sweet! Man, the VAs really gave it their all in this, so much so that most animes would probably be humbled by what the VAs managed to do. I tried playing this without the voices, and the dialogue went from OMGW00TL337RAWK to bland. Really... it's... very... very... good. Oh yeah, and the only text in this game that's not narrated would be the narration in the h-scenes.

There are some bad points though. For example, with the translation patch installed, the game becomes extremely prone to crashing. It happens really at random, but seems to be controllable by lowering the music volume to slightly less than half. Inexplicable, but it works.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Another visual novel yay!

Super old one this time, Season of Sakura. Took me 2 hours to get it working. Had to load up DOSbox and relearn how to run a DOS emulation.

Anyway, this one is a classic. Honestly, 5 minutes into the game and 3 girls are openly fighting over the main character! LOL! It's so unbelievable that it's funny! This main character must be one of those bishoujo supermodel type persons!

EDIT: Whoa! This main character has 20/20 vision, perfect athletic build, super intelligence, and the ability to read the future!!!!

EDIT:Why is Ayanami Rei in this game? Why has the girl count increased to 6? Why is this guy so amazing?
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

You found a protagonist who seems worthy of all the women in his net? At last! Now I can go find a new lifetime aspiration.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Girl count increased by another 2.

okay, now this is getting obscene. The protagonist can punch through cliff faces.
Dragoon
Astral Realm

Post by Dragoon »

okay, now this is getting obscene. The protagonist can punch through cliff faces.
Is he Ahnold?
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

lol Sweet, is it free?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I guess so. There are direct downloads for it. Just get a proper dos emulator.

I finally learned why all the girls look like girls from popular anime. It's because the entire thing is a parody on popular anime.

Return to “Games & Computing”