Misc games stuff

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

/me rereads their post.

The original game producers had a lot of redundant text as well as extra stuff that people can tell by looking at the graphics/hearing the bg noises. So it's like, you hear raindrops, and a character says, "It's raining," which they found redundant and removed. You can read up on it on their site I guess...
Stop spamming! Stay on topic!

>_>
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

But they didn't remove this part from the text. :|
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Awesome. The WII browser seems to have tripled in speed.

It also has much better functionality now with more stuff and is a bit easier to use.

By the way, it took me 5 minutes to type this.

side note: Wii Ochestra to be released as retail game.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

bleah stop taunting me with your fancy wii products!

*cries in the corner due to lack of Wii goodness*
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Infernal
What it's about:
Basically, it's a fully singleplayer game about a guy, err... something Flanders... or... whatever. The name is stupid. Anyway, he's an angel who was fired and heaven wants him dead and Satan recruits him to kill stuffz and gives him a gravity gu- I mean... "hell powers".

Initial Impressions:
Honestly, this game is very very very pretty. And that's all its got going for it. If all you care about is eye candy, then you'd love this game. If there's anything nice to be said about it, it's the fact that the graphical requirements for the level of pretty is very low: which makes it playable on many systems.

However, there are many problems with the game. It's kinda like Max Payne, except less cool and less suave or funny. The hero is a douchebag. The voicework sucks, and the story is sub par really...

Furthermore, these hell powers are pathetic! Sure it's fun to be able to shoot grenades out of my arm, but if I can only do it once every half hour, what's the point? All the other powers are worthless. Kinda like 90% of the items you get in Zelda. Wooo... teleport. But it only teleports your spirit lol lol wtf? Wooo, hell vision to see secret codes...

It only took me 20 minutes of playing for me to get nauseous (Seriously, even now I feel like I rode one too many roller coasters). The cramped locales and dull dungeons are strikingly similar to the ones of Wolfenstein 3D... which is to say... drab.

The controls are, amazingly, worse than Rainbow Six Vegas, which is saying alot. The cover system is useless, and you are better off standing in the doorway itself. Even rolling is stupid. The dude rolls such a distance, you'd think he was competing in the Special Olympics for rolling like a moron.

Lastly, here's a rundown of what you'll be doing in this game:
1. Enter room.
2. Kill baddies with pistol.
3. Find ammo off bodies of baddies because you decided to assault a heavily fortified stronghold with 24 bullets.
4. Search for where to go next.
5. Repeat.

It's kinda like Half-Life or Doom, except way more tedious and troublesome.

P.S: The grenade throwing arc in this game is so damn high! You're more likely to hit the ceiling than the intended target.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Your review hyped me up so much I'm going to find the game, DL it, then delete it right after just because it sounds so shitty.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

After completing the game, I have this to say.

Don't play this game. It's ridiculous, and some boss fights are just not fun at all. The final levels are more of a pain then something nice to play.

Onn another note, I found out why the voice acting and lip synching is so bad. The original language is in German (A selectable option). I tried it out and even though the lip synching fits perfectly, it still sucks.

By the way, the ending sucks.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

How did you manage to finish it if it was that horrible? Tape eyes open?
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Dunno. It's very short. 6 hours of gameplay.

Universe at War
Plot:
Earth is screwed. Alien races have come to bring their intergalactic war onto Earth. Best part is, Earth is screwed. Seriously. Earth doesn't even have a playable faction because it can't even stand up. That rules!!!!

Impressions:
A project by Petroglyph studios (made by the guys who made the original Red Alert and Command & Conquer) to be released in December; it's a real time strategy game where the above happens.

Now like conventional RTS-es, every alien race plays extremely differently from one another. From what we know, the Hierarchy doesn't even bother to build buildings, but rather summons enormous walker robots that are insanely hard to kill (Even as their first unit apparently). Another race on the other hand, employs a "cockroach survival" hand where they build so many buildings so fast that the slow moving Hierarchy cannot keep up.

It looks awesome and I'm looking forward to this one.

p.s: It looks like one of the races are Gundam lookalikes.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/uni ... mages.html

NOTE: Halo 3 beta came out today.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Hmm, I'll give it a shot like I did with SupCom. :?
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Hey supcom is fun. I didn't like the demo either but playing against other people is awesome!
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

gundams are invading the planet!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Speaking of that Gundam: Musuo looks pretty schveet!
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Everybody says the game looks stupid, but Musuo got really good ratings in japan. If only ALL the mechs would attack instead of standing around like retards, but I'm assuming that's in the easiest difficulty.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

I'm going through Fate right now and this got me thinking.

While the servants and masters of Fate stay night are powerful in their own right, everything points to the fact that they are actually much weaker than the characters in Tsukihime or any other character in the storyline.

I wonder what would happen if Shiki and Arcueid teamed up to kick everyone's asses in Fate. Or even Aoko Aozaki. Boom, everyone dies. Game over.

By the way, while there was obviously much more work put into Fate Stay Night... I like Tsukihime better right now... Don't know why really. Maybe it's because I know everything that's going to happen :\ What really got me into Tsukihime was the fact that I knew jack squat about the story (And that you played a potential crazy-assed murderer).

Sigh... DAMN YOU ANIME VERSION!

p.s: Rin talks too much.

Return to “Games & Computing”