Little Busters!

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Little Busters!

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

I noticed there was no Little Busters! thread, so I'll start one. :D
Kudryavka rules! любов и мир!
::edit:: Komari-chan comes in second place. :wink:
Last edited by Hiiragi Kagami on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

Man, Key's getting on my nerves...
Key's announced that they'll be releasing an eroge version of the Little Busters! game, under the title "Little Busters! EX" (Little Busters! Esctasy) this year. This version will have new CGs (yes, including ero CGs) and two new heroines, Kanata and Sasami, to end with. No offense to eroge fans, but I just can't believe it... I'm still waiting to get the game, and since I'm no ero fan, I gotta leave Animate with the non ero Little Busters in my hands, knowing that I'm missing out on two new stories...
Good g*d, I don't wanna even think about (the ever so innocent) Komari or Kudryavka in bed with Riki... makes me wanna cry. :cry:
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Yeah, it's sick. But if it gets money, I doubt the producers care.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

And it probably will bring in some good yen... what a scheme!
[paraphrase_from_internet]Now, the eroge fans that own the original Little Busters! will probably buy this new version, and they basically end up paying about twice as much for one game! And Key gets more money![/paraphrase_from_internet] This type of get rich quick scheme isn't new in the business world... just look at the Kingdom Hearts Final Mixes (including the one of CoM).
"It's business. Get on it." -quoted from Curtis Taylor Jr., "Dreamgirls"
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

What's Kudryavka's story about? I've seen the CGs, but couldn't even guess what was going on in some of them.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

I'm curious to see how KyoAni will adapt this, as Riki seems nothing like Kyon...
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Although I agree with Hiiragi Kagami1 here, I still find it interesting how so many eroge companies are able to make anime adaptions that are sometimes somewhat wholesome. I never would have known that Air and Kanon were based off of eroge except for the fact that I looked it up on wikipedia.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Re:

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

ainsoph9 wrote:Although I agree with Hiiragi Kagami1 here, I still find it interesting how so many eroge companies are able to make anime adaptions that are sometimes somewhat wholesome. I never would have known that Air and Kanon were based off of eroge except for the fact that I looked it up on wikipedia.
That's the beauty of eroge that don't focus on the ero. :D
If KyoAni does the Little Busters! anime, I hope they don't keep the fanservice stuff in. I also hope they'll put in non-ero versions of Kanata and Sasami's new routes in EX.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Re: Little Busters!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Going with the trend to date, I would say that the possibility of the Little Busters anime being without fan service will be fairly high. The only other question I have is what time of year it will take place. If you notice that Kanon is in winter, CLANNAD is in spring, and Air is in summer, then should Little Busters not be in fall?
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

/me tries to imagine sad girls in fall
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

ainsoph9 wrote:Going with the trend to date, I would say that the possibility of the Little Busters anime being without fan service will be fairly high. The only other question I have is what time of year it will take place. If you notice that Kanon is in winter, CLANNAD is in spring, and Air is in summer, then should Little Busters not be in fall?
I thought Little Busters! was in fall, but hey, I never played it...
But, I see Little Busters! as a turning point for Key. It's the first Key game that Hinoue and Maeda didn't dominate in their departments, and the last game that a lot of Key's staff worked on for Key. Little Busters! may be the beginning of a brand new, refurbished Key. So, maybe that's why Little Busters! isn't in fall: it may be the first sign of change that Key will be reborn.
By the way, what season does Little Busters! take place in, anyway?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Hiiragi Kagami1 wrote:
ainsoph9 wrote:Going with the trend to date, I would say that the possibility of the Little Busters anime being without fan service will be fairly high. The only other question I have is what time of year it will take place. If you notice that Kanon is in winter, CLANNAD is in spring, and Air is in summer, then should Little Busters not be in fall?
I thought Little Busters! was in fall, but hey, I never played it...
But, I see Little Busters! as a turning point for Key. It's the first Key game that Hinoue and Maeda didn't dominate in their departments, and the last game that a lot of Key's staff worked on for Key. Little Busters! may be the beginning of a brand new, refurbished Key. So, maybe that's why Little Busters! isn't in fall: it may be the first sign of change that Key will be reborn.
By the way, what season does Little Busters! take place in, anyway?
Given the uniforms, I would guess either early spring or fall. The absence of cherry blossoms would make me suspect fall, personally.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

Whoops!
::update::
Wikipedia says that the game starts on May 13. Don't know when it ends, but it's proof that the game starts in spring. Little Busters! has officially broken Key's season tradition.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Hiiragi Kagami1 wrote:Whoops!
::update::
Wikipedia says that the game starts on May 13. Don't know when it ends, but it's proof that the game starts in spring. Little Busters! has officially broken Key's season tradition.
Shouldn't they have summer uniforms then? Oh whatever. I'd just like to see this animated, either way.
Hiiragi Kagami
Astral Realm

Post by Hiiragi Kagami »

Yes, I'll definitely be awaiting each (fansubbed) episode of Little Busters!. :) Can't wait to find out about Kud's route.
However, seeing how Key's previous games took at least two years to get anime versions, Little Busters! probably won't come out until 2009, very late 2008-very early 2009 if we're lucky. Add that to perhaps a month for fansubbing, and you get quite a wait time. :?

Return to “Games & Computing”