The Hidden

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

The Hidden

Post by Dan »

http://www.hidden-source.com/

Another game using the Source engine, you'll need a copy of HL2. Anyway, this is a free mod, and it's quite good.

Game play consists of an anti-monster team called IRIS and the monster is a mutated human (Subject 617) whose presence is nearly indetectable and has superhuman speed and strength. IRIS hunts the monster and the round restarts, and depending on the server, the one who killed Subject 617 might become the subject, or the one who did the most damage will. Or it might be a random server, so that even n00bs get a turn to be the subject.

It has the downside of having a lot of waiting around if you suck at it and try to be Rambo anyway. I fell in love with it immediately since the sneaking aspect of it reminded me of ThieveryUT, which I played religiously for a couple years. It's a bit weird to be standing in some shadow, while half the IRIS team runs by you, then you pick off the last one in line and super-jump away to safty while they unload all their ammo into thin air. lol

I definetly suggect checking it out. :D
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Re: The Hidden

Post by Beware the talking cat »

How are the graphics, requirements, and gameplay?
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Graphics are on par with HL2, but only some of the maps excel in quality of play. Rig requirements are about the same as for HL2 or CS:S.

Gameplay can be boring if Subject 617 is afraid to come out and attack, and boring if you get killed right at the beginning and you have to wait for the next round. Playing as 617 can be a real blast, especially when playing one of the "hidden friendly" maps (i.e. big open spaces and not much light to see). There's a steep learning curve for this, I'm sort of got a padded version since I was used to the idea behind the game, but new players might take a couple weeks to get it down.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Like invisable Juggernot in Halo. Sounds fun.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.

Return to “Games & Computing”