True Remembrance

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

True Remembrance

Post by Umiman »

This game is difficult to comment about. It's a free visual novel, and it's a novel in the truest sense of the word. No choices, just a linear story to click through. It's about memory and dealing with loss and all that funky jazz.

I don't think stories like these were crafted for soulless, demon-spawned beings like me who only care about profit and entertainment who is also very well-read. I guess it's unfair when I say I can predict the end because I've read hundreds if not close to a thousand literary works (manga and anime not counted) and I've dealt with all the issues they discuss here as a kid back in ye olde emo phase that everyone goes through (my conclusion back then was something along the lines of, "I'm too awesome to be affected"). It seems to be suited for someone contemplating suicide or some considerably depressed person who is also easily influenced. That's not a bad thing though.

I think if you like charming stories, you'll like this (Think AIR, Kanon, etc.). It has a cute art style and the pacing is nice. The music is interesting but, unfortunately, quite forgettable. The plot is somewhat interesting if not with a mildly bland, somewhat predictable resolution and the usual, incomprehensible dues ex. Gameplay-wise depends on your reading speed, but I'd wager around 3-4 hours. It's all-ages... unfortunately.

Get it here:
http://trueremembrance.insani.org/get.html
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.

Return to “Games & Computing”