Persona 4

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Setherzam
Void Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Persona 4

Post by Setherzam »

I finally beat Persona 4 today. It took me 97 hours. I regret nothing.

This game is just... so... glorious. I'm sort of sad though that the entire thing is finally over but I'm happy with the ending rather then the one for P3 (RAAAAGEEEE) I'm throughly deprived of SMT games now though. I still have DDS and Devil summoner to beat but for now. I think I'll just ride the sense of awesomeness from P4 for a while

btw anyone know if SMT:IMAGINE is any good?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Re: Persona 4

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, I went out and brought Persona 3 and 4 last Sunday. I have not played either yet because my PS2 is in another state. I am having that shipped to me in a couple of weeks. However, I cannot wait to play them. I think I will play 3 first. Would you say that 3 is so similar to 4 that I would get burned out playing them one after the other? Also, how much of a time commitment is 3? I have the FES version by the way. Thanks!
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

hmmm I think it took me about 110 hours to beat P3 FES but I did absolutely everything to do in the game. As for the burned out thing it depends, if your like me then after you finish the game you want more. but the story is pretty epic so perhaps you'd want to take a break or something.
Muffinman
Astral Realm

Post by Muffinman »

From what i have seen Persona games seem to be interesting, but unfortunately i can not get them because i don't have PS2 :(
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, a PS2 is relatively cheap nowadays. So, you should be able to find one for almost nothing. Also, do NOT buy a PS3. The newer ones do not have reverse compatibility. They took that out with the newest generation of PS3's.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

a brand new skinny ps2 costs 120 USD. a refurbished one goes for 70 USD. pretty cheap if you ask me

in other words greatest scene ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt1j5Wy7n0M

I just love Yukiko's :D face (though the resolution is too low to see it in that video)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Spoiler tags please on the link! It almost spoiled my Persona 4 gaming experience. Jerk! :wink: Actually, I could not care less. I plan on playing it, but I am just waiting for that PS2 still.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

well i bought persona 4 for my bro's ps3 to find out it doesn't have backward compatibility, got me pissed that i had to return the game back to the store. all i can do is pray for some software emulator for the ps3.

and those who would recommend me pcsx2, i do have it and i could download the iso of persona 4 in the future. problem is it lags my computer.

baka baka baka
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Now really, why would I cheat? :P
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

MUAHAHAHAHAH! It came in the mail today. So far, I've spent about 20 minutes playing the game and about an hour trying to get pcsx2 to give a decent framerate; I've gotten it to 60 frames most of the time but dropping down to 47 frames once or twice every few seconds.

The game is pretty decent so far, but it's hard to say more than that without even being in an actual battle yet.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

Argh! Ears! Pain and suffering!
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I am glad somebody is enjoying it. I am still waiting on my PS2 to come back from the pastures. Nelly!!! Come home, nelly!!! (And, no, I did not name my PS2 "Nelly.") *pouts in a corner somewhere*
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

ainsoph9 wrote:I am glad somebody is enjoying it. I am still waiting on my PS2 to come back from the pastures. Nelly!!! Come home, nelly!!! (And, no, I did not name my PS2 "Nelly.") *pouts in a corner somewhere*

You could try pcsx2; after I started using the directx 10 video, the framerates really stabilized.

And several hours later, the game has gotten amazingly good.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

I on the other hand is slamming my head against the wall for Nocturne. I fought the matador 4 times and had to gain an extra 5 levels before I could get past this "extra" boss. I finally beat him out of pure luck since he used mazan instead of LOL death move.

oh and for all those playing Nocturne. Keep the first pixie, you can stuff her in the demon compdeium for all that matters. just keep her. when you reach the final floor of the Amara Deep Zone bring her with you and you'll be oh so very happy

Return to “Games & Computing”