Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
so i finally took all the routes. fate, unlimited blade works and heaven's feel. this took me nearly a month to finish but still there is more to be done. like how to get more movies clips and the normal endings for unlimited blade work and heaven's feel? any tips to get them?

anyway i really loved the novel. the character is interesting and the fight scenes are awesome. the revelations of each characters are bomb-shell. though i find the themes to be cliche but well executed. then again i started into anime and manga a few years back a little after this novel came out. so maybe the themes back then was original. overall if it keeps making me think about themes of life, evil, dreams, ideals, and me being a superhero. then i love it.

so any more recommendations of novels simliar to this and translated?

ps. assassin i presume you beat this game because i find it a funny coincidence your avatar changed around the time i found out who the skull person was in the heaven's feel route. lol

baka baka baka
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel

Post by Assassin »

bomb3r: Nope I didn't even touch the visual novel at all. :mrgreen: Then how do I know? Spoilers and two friends who are willing to spoil the entire visual novel (minus the H-scenes although we did talk about 'em) to me.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

b0mb3r wrote:
Spoiler! :
so i finally took all the routes. fate, unlimited blade works and heaven's feel. this took me nearly a month to finish but still there is more to be done. like how to get more movies clips and the normal endings for unlimited blade work and heaven's feel? any tips to get them?

anyway i really loved the novel. the character is interesting and the fight scenes are awesome. the revelations of each characters are bomb-shell. though i find the themes to be cliche but well executed. then again i started into anime and manga a few years back a little after this novel came out. so maybe the themes back then was original. overall if it keeps making me think about themes of life, evil, dreams, ideals, and me being a superhero. then i love it.

ps. assassin i presume you beat this game because i find it a funny coincidence your avatar changed around the time i found out who the skull person was in the heaven's feel route. lol
You should check out Beast's Lair or Mirror Moon. I'd be surprised if you can't find what you want there.

Still playing, but great visual novel. :D
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Oh yeah, if you're coming over to Beast's Lair, I'll be always welcome to welcome you :lol:

although I rarely post there on Type-Moon related sections...
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

b0mb3r wrote:
Spoiler! :

well, if you got the patch from mirrormoon, it should have came with a really nice flowchart that tells you what choices does what

also for games like FSN....well there are very few games to choose from that have been translated.

an obvious choice would be to play Tsukihime, from the same makers of FSN, you can find it on mirrormoon

also i recommend Utawarerumono, found also on the mirrormoon website.

if you want more visual novels, i can tell you all the ones that i liked from the ones ive played...

though you should note that they are going to be from all different kinds of genres
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
whoa that is cool my background changed into sakura blooming scene after getting all the endings.

now any hits to get all the movie clips in the novel?

i must officially say emiya BGM is my all time favorite cause it makes me feel pump and kick someone ass with a sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8vzATbOnE

baka baka baka
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

There are only two movie clips: the openings.

Trust me, even when you extract the movie files, there aren't any more there(I extracted them because I was looking for the BGM, but ended up finding them too.)
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

b0mb3r wrote:
Spoiler! :
whoa that is cool my background changed into sakura blooming scene after getting all the endings.

now any hits to get all the movie clips in the novel?

i must officially say emiya BGM is my all time favorite cause it makes me feel pump and kick someone ass with a sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8vzATbOnE
I thought you're supposed to like Archer?

just kidding.

But from there I guess you would understand why Archer became the "Father of GAR" (according to a "place" I know). Also, you'll see how GAR Shirou is in Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel compared to the Fate route, which was the route taken by the anime. :roll:
Last edited by Assassin on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
wow i guess i officially beat the entire game. i thought if i got all the tiger stamps (getting all the dead and bad ends) i get more movies.(or last episodes) sigh is more tagia and llya but no more movies

i did more research on fate/stay night.

apparently on Fate/stay night Réalta Nua for PS2 you can get two last episodes.

one for UBW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f0VmOUG98A

one for Fate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEGzuJ6EN_k

Fate is the one i was aiming for:

source from wiki:

Last Episode

The last episode can be acquired through earning all of the Tiger Stamps throughout the whole game. This can only be achieved by completing all three scenarios

The last episode starts with a grassy field in where Shirou (most likely deceased) finds himself in what seemed to be Avalon. As he is wondering where he had landed, he was soon greeted by Saber who takes him onto the heavenly field of Avalon. The two are assumed to have taken the rest of eternity with each other. The symbolism of the last episode is very open as it was brief and had no back story to it. Though generally believed to be the ending of the Fate scenario, it can also act as the true ending for any scenario as Saber returns in all scenarios. It is only available in Realta-Nua.

i like saber the most because i felt, like shiro, she deserve love the most.

though i did feel sorry for sakura as type-moon follow the whole purple-hair girl rape scenario like in Kara no Kyoukai

I find that the heaven's ending is the true ending of the series (unless you guys ignore the sequel fate/hollow ataraxia as i do)

couple of reasons for:

let's say shirou does lost his way in the fate route and thus brings unlimited blade work. archer said he became a hero for what? we know he couldn't save people so he ask for power. later in the heaven's feel route when archer encounter the evil black balloon soul-sucker, he knew that was Avenger. he said he could prevent it before it comes to fruit later in his life. i would assume that this was the final straw to force archer to become a hero. still this is my theory. i would say if shirou continue his life normally in fate route or went to london with rin in UBW, they would have ignore sakura. They will be unaware of her continued torture. shinji will go back his evil ways going back raping sakura. i cring when i think about it and grandpa evil will wait or create the next holy war (this man does have the potential judging from my reading). he will again attempt to use sakura as a host for avenger and later take over her body to control Avenger. this is my guess what happens later in the dark future awaiting for shirou. with heaven's feel ending, there will be no evil Avenger in the future, shirou wouldn't have to be archer (then again there is still debate if archer succeed in his time paradox to prevent shirou to be like him or not), and everyone is happy. still i hate when dark saber been used. it just shows with that ending saber may not value her own happiness and will still seek the holy grail without it knowing what evil it is. unless the shadow balloon told her what it was maybe it will change saber's mind.

still i prefer the saber fate last episode i mention early. that or combine the good aspect of the endings together. like rin being able to keep saber in the real world for shirouXsaber, prevent Avenger's birth, stop sakura torture from the matou family, and leave rider for me lol

baka baka baka
Moe_Ronn
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Moe_Ronn »

Spoiler! :
A Last episode for UBW? Never heard of that one.
While in the HF route the Greater Grail is destroyed, it also gets dismantled in the other routes by the magic association. Or so I hear.
Also, F/HA is more like the Kagetsu Tohya of FSN, not exactly a sequal. I think.
Last edited by Moe_Ronn on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ......wait what was I doing again?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Moe_Ronn wrote:
Spoiler! :
A Last episode for UBW? Never heard of that one.
While in the HF route the Greater Grail is destroyed, it also gets dismantled in the other routes by the magic association. Or so I hear.
again here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f0VmOUG98A

and can we really trust the big MA? cause you know we have to follow the formula that big organization always do evil crap in secret.

baka baka baka

Return to “Games & Computing”