Spice and Wolf NDS game

This forum is for Games & Computing related discussion

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Spice and Wolf NDS game

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Should this be under Games & Computing or Spice and wolf? oh well... Here it is

I am talked about Spice and Wolf the NDS game before, my one year with Horo. However, this time, i will be talking(mumbling to myself) about another...

Ookami to Koushinryou: Umi o Wataru Kaze
Wolf and Spice: The wind that transcends the seas

Translated from
http://nds.tgbus.com/ndslist/200909/200 ... 1453.shtml

This is a love and trading simulation game adapted from S&W. The player will play as the traveling merchant Lawrance, and pass through different towns northward with the wise wolf Horo, that took on the form of a beautiful girl. The setting for this game is placed at a poor village by the seaside, in order to find clues to Horo's homeland, Lawrance travels northward with Horo. Yet the big obstacle before them is a giant sea channel. The only way past this channel is by ship from a certain town. However in order to board the ship, a strict check of identification is required, so Horo who possesses wolf ears and tail is unable to board it. Thinking of other ways out, Horo and Lawrance who are looking for other routes met a girl Luka, who is the daughter of the captain of the ferry and an injured old man. The two that found hope in crossing the channel now must collect the required medicine to cure the old man's injuries. On the way, the two met the shepherd they knew......

In this work, the protagonist Lawrance can travel in the world of S&W, at the start of the game, the only traveling companion is Horo, and as the game progresses, more traveling companions will join you on the way. The ferry girl mentioned above, Luka, is an original character made for the game. The setting of this new character is made by the illustrator of the original S&W novel. Luka is a lively girl living in a poor village. Her father is the head of the ferry guild/council, but is currently missing. Just how will Luka perform in the game? Let us experience it ourselves when the game is officially released.

The in-game drawings and such are all made by the same crew that did the anime[which season i wonder?], and VAs of the anime will also be voicing the game's romance events.

P.S. if you guys think this should be in Games and Computing instead, just move this please~
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Karisu
Astral Realm

Re: Spice and Wolf NDS game

Post by Karisu »

I'll keep hoping that someone someday does a translation of both games! :)
ShadowZeroHeart

Karisu wrote:I'll keep hoping that someone someday does a translation of both games! :)
First game has been translated into chinese already. fan-translations that is. Second game is relatively new as of now, but may be possible... As for english translation... Never heard of it?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Shadow_Glory
Astral Realm

Post by Shadow_Glory »

Yeah, I hope they translate it... By the way, I've played the game (even though I don't understand it... hehehe)
ShadowZeroHeart

Shadow_Glory wrote:Yeah, I hope they translate it... By the way, I've played the game (even though I don't understand it... hehehe)
Both? or just one? Either way, maybe you could give more details on it to get more people interested?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Are you suggesting a project here (Future Project Suggestions)? Or are you just chatting about the game (Games & Computing)? I can move it to the appropriate place.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I dont think Shadow means the former, I think Shadow wants only to talk about the game ;) but isnt sure if it should be done here or in the Games section
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Ah, if so then it would be the game section. I'll wait to hear his reply before I move it.
Shadow_Glory
Astral Realm

Post by Shadow_Glory »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Shadow_Glory wrote:Yeah, I hope they translate it... By the way, I've played the game (even though I don't understand it... hehehe)
Both? or just one? Either way, maybe you could give more details on it to get more people interested?
Well, I played both, though I still haven't finish the first one. I think it's quite good. As far as I know, you have one year according to the game to finish things. That really makes you in such a hurry, especially when the time limit draws near. Moreover in the second game( I don't know about the first yet), after some point, you can choose another girl as your companions and dating with them. They are Nora, Abe, Luka, and Horo herself. You could choose only one of the girl at a time, though if you choose another girl other than Horo, she still join you( that way makes you travel with two girls).
Is that enough?
ShadowZeroHeart

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Ah, if so then it would be the game section. I'll wait to hear his reply before I move it.
Sure, move it... Sorry, i am not sure because it is both Spice and wolf AND game... So was wondering... and was thinking S&W fans may be more interested to know.

And to Shadow_Glory:

In the first game, you are given one year to find clues to Horo's homeland. You trade to earn $ on the way, with some events happening randomly and all. I completed the game, but didnt unlock that many CGs and all. It wasn't too bad, but Horo is the only girl in the game you get to travel with, and the game is rather short, considering you take days travellling from town to town.

Moved to Game section. Left a ghost thread so people visiting the S&W forum will still find it. - TGM
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Games & Computing”